Turn on thread page Beta

"Looks are everything these days" watch

• View Poll Results: "Looks are everything these days" - Agree or disagree?
    Agree
    51.94%
    Disagree
    48.06%

ReputationRep:
    I have realised this recently and it made me sad

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to say no.

In a world where even the layman can learn how to be successful with women, looks aren't all that big a factor anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    Disagree.

In this world, if you are not good-looking, you are treated as ****, to the point that you're not even considered a human being.

It's true. I'm being honest.
    Nick Griffin as the most prominent example of this!

But on a more serious note, what you have just encapsulated in that rather outrageous sentiment is utter poppycock. To implicitly suggest that people get through life on a basis of looks is a very ill conceived point to expound indeed. One example in which proves your point null and void is in the sphere of politics; if this were true then the best looking person would ALWAYS get voted in, but as we all know, this is not the case. If a supermodel stood for a general election for the Tories, would they be able to deseat John Cruddas, who is vastly more repugnant than them, in the Labour safe seat of Dagenham? Of course not, hence your point is nonsensical, and substantiated by no evidence.

ReputationRep:
    Looks aren't everything but they often help to get ahead in life unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alijimi)
    I guess you liked these people as friends or colleagues. But would you date or marry an unattractive guy?? I don't think so! :begone: .
    I did date them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reems)
    :love: Let's stop spamming
    Fine.:emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)

Say I'm 25 in this hypothetical situation. And I tell you I'm a virgin. Would your reaction towards me be positive or negative? The latter? Exactly...

My reaction to you would be negative, yes, but only because you're such a complete moron! If a guy was 25 and a virgin it would depend on the reason for that... If he was a virgin through choice or lack of opportunity i wouldn' care at all. You are so incredibly annoying!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alijimi)
    Would you regard a guy as pathetic or stupid if he's 25 and still a virgin? If not, would you date such a guy?! :tomato:
    No not at all! And i don't think many girls would really. I was just saying that I can see how a guy would get a lot of stick from other males about being a virgin still at that age.

It depends on the reason that he's a virgin.. if it's through lack of opportunity or choice then it wouldn't bother me i the slightest, but if it's because hes a creep who tried to force girls into sex and they all refused, then obviously not. I would definately date a 25 year old virgin if i liked them and they weren't dodgey in any way.

ReputationRep:
    Those who vote no are just in denial.

ReputationRep:
    for women it is.....men it isn't

ReputationRep:
    This thread makes me pretty bitter, it's not exactly fair to play-down my achievements because of the way I look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indieboohoo)
    I meant chipmunk :rolleyes:
    As in the animal or the midget r and b singer who is the polluting the charts with one **** song after another? The only other option would be the popular kids cartoon featuring alvin and three chipmunks which is probably the lesser of the evils.

(Original post by mau5)
    As in the animal or the midget r and b singer who is the polluting the charts with one **** song after another? The only other option would be the popular kids cartoon featuring alvin and three chipmunks which is probably the lesser of the evils.
    :facepalm2: Obviously your brain only accepts visual images

ReputationRep:
    http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i.../facepalm2.gif Obviously your brain only accepts visual images
    It's pretty obvious. You two should just hook up and **** eachothers brains out.

(Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    It's pretty obvious. You two should just hook up and **** eachothers brains out.
    I prefer to fack a cactus before I facked him :dry:

ReputationRep:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...boy_reacts.gif

ReputationRep:
    Well you did make a joke about my height saying I was 5'3, the same height as Chipmunk so it's hardly entirely unreasonable to think you were continuing that joke. Chipmunks are pretty cool especially the one in the picture so I can see where your coming from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumdedoobie)
    I did date them.
    You did, so I take it that none of these datings developed to a serious relationship, why?! Because these guys were not good enough to your taste and their lack of attractiveness was a major reason to dump them easily :cool: .

(Original post by mau5)
    Well you did make a joke about my height saying I was 5'3, the same height as Chipmunk so it's hardly entirely unreasonable to think you were continuing that joke. Chipmunks are pretty cool especially the one in the picture so I can see where your coming from.
    Chipmunk the singer is over 5ft 7 only because you are a shrimp.

ReputationRep:
    Chipmunk the singer is over 5ft 7 only because you are a shrimp.
    Just face it, you would break your arms off to look like him.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.