Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's so special about Emma Watson? Watch

I'd really not describe her as 'beautiful'.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by T-Toe)
      I would but people keep quoting me and replying to the thread.
      Could ignore really, don't seem to be winning since 95% of quotes disagree with your opinion.
      (Original post by T-Toe)

Then stop following it. Simples
      I'm not following it just keeps showing latest update and most popular.

(Original post by T-Toe)
      I don't mean to sound big headed but I don't think she's any more beautiful than I am.
      Don't mean to sound rude, but from an unbiased perspective she is considerably better looking. From my point of view anyway.

And to be frank, your perseverance gives off the impression you're either jealous, or believe you're as good looking or better than she is - as I already said - no. Not sure what you're trying to prove but you're losing.

(Original post by T-Toe)
      I do think she's cute but no stunner (like I've said a million times) and many agree.
      And many disagree.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by T-Toe)
      I disagree, you need to watch the science of sex
      Terrible argument; if you have to tell me to go watch some inane source you haven't really got a leg to stand on...

I think many people would say Emma is cute/sweet/pretty/elegant. I doubt many would way she's a stunner/so beautiful/a desirable woman
      Think maybe you should look around the internet a bit more, you'd be surprised. Again though, way to ignore the whole issue I brought up and just repeat your tired agenda...

I picked her specifically because people (mainly potter fans) seem to almost worship the ground she walks on, I don't think she's anything special and many seem to agree.
      What does this have to do with beauty being in the eye of the beholder? What's that, my previous points already disproved what you just said?

Stop avoiding the points brought up and repeating the same tired drab over and over; I don't care what you think about her, at all, I'm arguing about the concepts of desire in the first place, not specifically about Emma Watson, whom you seem more obsessed by than the people you claim to despise...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by T-Toe)
      Haha you potter fans are hard shells to crack. You guys really love is girl

You could say the exact same thing about e.g. Natalie Portman, but she's more beautiful and talented but sadly, she's not as praised or known. Her claim to fame is far more admiring IMO.

I think she's overrated and her raise to fame wasn't that hard. You can call me jealous all you want but that's what I think. Deal with it.

I doubt Emma will be a Oscar winning actress in the next decade or so. Those Potter films automatically made her 'awesome and every way'. She was a lucky egg IMO. Luck is not what I praise.
      "you potter fans"- oh what an insult to my character. :rolleyes:

You will never have Emma's fame, talent, wealth and beauty. Deal with it.

You just smack of jealousy and wish that you had been as lucky as her.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MrHappy_J)
      " falsely accused"? no no no, being jealous isn't a crime.
      That's not the point. Why are you so insistent that the OP's jealous of her? She clearly isn't.

oh I don't know, what IS there to be jealous about Emma? hmmm...multimillionaire, intelligent, talented young lady, studious, humble, famous, everyone loves her, fantastic sense of fashion, perfect figure, gorgeous face, has access to all the exclusive events she would ever want to go to, she's at a top Ivy League college (having rejected Cambridge), she could have any guy she wants...I could go on.
      I consider a lot of those attributes to be trivial, with the rest being unexclusive or not necessarily true. Why is an apathy towards Emma Watson impossible to understand? She's pretty lucky to have the wealth that she does. Her acting is average. People like to overplay her intelligence as it's somewhat more ostensible against an abundance of talentless celebrities, but she's no genius. Her looks are above average, but there are girls I see everyday on the bus that are prettier. It's just that her fame and wealth act as a catalyst for all the hype surrounding her, and I don't think it constitutes her being amazing.

ReputationRep:
      Always had a thing for her, since she was cast as Hermoine. I'm only like a year older, before any pedo jibes kick in, haha.

Not really sure why. She's just right.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ragnar_jonsson)
      Aye, and my roommate sees her lovely face every other day in his Philosophy class.
      That's really cool!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MrHappy_J)
      " falsely accused"? no no no, being jealous isn't a crime.

oh I don't know, what IS there to be jealous about Emma? hmmm...multimillionaire, intelligent, talented young lady, studious, humble, famous, everyone loves her, fantastic sense of fashion, perfect figure, gorgeous face, has access to all the exclusive events she would ever want to go to, she's at a top Ivy League college (having rejected Cambridge), she could have any guy she wants...I could go on.

I'm not defensive of her... why should I be? She's no friend of mine. but Harry Potter is a legend, otherwise you wouldnt be talking about emma in that way.

Like I said...jealous. but hey, no one blames you. pretty much everyone would want to have her life.
      But this still doesn't answer her question as to why she's not jealous of every single celebrity who's beautiful, rich and intelligent etc. I mean I love Megan Fox, Scarlett Johansonn, Britney etc., who are all in my opinion more attractive than Emma Watson, but I would still get accused of being jealous of her, despite the fact that there are many people to be jealous of! So forgetting Emma, if the OP really is jealous why would she not be jealous of everyone else she's mentioned?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by T-Toe)
      I would but people keep quoting me and replying to the thread.

Then stop following it. Simples

For someone who thinks that Emma is stunning, I can't take your view on my looks seriously

I do think she's cute but no stunner (like I've said a million times) and many agree.
      You are not a man!!!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ragnar_jonsson)
      Well, she was looking damn fine strutting down Waterman Street today.
      I HATE you

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by yurihammo)
      Probably because girls like you are intelligent but ugly.

Emma watson is hot and intelligent and rich. Why would you want anything else??

go cry in the corner and die of jealousy..
      Don't just assume i'm ugly because I don't think Emma is anything special.

From all what I've said, i'm not jealous, it's time for you to accept that.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by yurihammo)
      Halle Berry,Scarlett Johanson, Natalie Portman are older than us by about 20 years or more.

Emma is our age. Plus minus a year or 2
      LMAO they're all in there 20's

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by gq.)
      we should get it on
      :lolwut: HELLL NOO

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Luceria)
      Oh dear, the "my friend was an extra " story :lol:
      It was friend of a friend actually

And I did say I didn't know if it was true, I actually hope it isn't but I was just making the point that it is impossible to "know" her. For every story you hear about her being a brilliant, lovely person you'll get one saying the complete opposite so for me, at least, rumours that she is nice aren't reason enough for me to love her. That's all

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ArcaneAnna)
      Err.... do yous actually know her?

I say over-rated. She was lucky, got picked for Harry Potty - now she's loaded and all that jazz.

Yes she's pretty, but not stunning. I can probs name at least a dozen girls, if you compared emma to them, you'd not throw her a second glance. (since I can't judge character)
      You don't have to know her to be amazed by what she's done and think that she's pretty and a good role model. I've also seen her in interviews and from that she comes across as modest, polite and very likeable.

I think that part of her appeal comes from the fact that she is so normal; she's a modern representation of just a normal girl just like someone you could easily have met, who has done well for herself

ReputationRep:
      LOL @ everyone accusing the OP of jealousy just because she doesn't worship Emma Watson. She didn't even say anything horrible about her - can't anyone say they're not a fan of Emma (or Cheryl Cole or Megan Fox or *INSERT PRETTY CELEB HERE*) without being attacked and called jealous by over-zealous fans who can't accept that anyone has a different opinion to them? It's like if I say Cheryl Cole can't sing or I don't think much of Megan Fox's acting it's automatically because I'm jealous. This is used as a defence too much these days and people either need to accept that people have different opinions to their own or at least come up with a decent argument as to why you think they're wrong.

/rant.

Just something that irritates me sometimes!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by T-Toe)
      :lolwut: HELLL NOO
      Its a shame when you dont know when someone is joking. :cool:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by GQ.)
      Its a shame when you dont know when someone is joking. :cool:
      Pleeeeeeease. You weren't joking and you know it.

Don't start getting upset because a girl ain't interested in you. Accept rejection, move on and MAN UP

ReputationRep:

I'll just leave this here again...funny how every time the OPs points get challenged competently they run away from the discussion and continue baiting people by claiming they're right and everyone else is wrong, of course you should all just accept they have their opinion whilst she makes this thread specifically to bash those that disagree with others opinions; if you don't see a troll, well...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by T-Toe)
      Pleeeeeeease. You weren't joking and you know it.

Don't start getting upset because a girl ain't interested in you. Accept rejection, move on and MAN UP
      Haha now I'm not sure if you're joking.

Why the **** would I go out of my way to try and get with some miserable jealous girl on a ****ing forum?!!?

I think it shows badly on you that you feel that you are more attractive than Emma Watson and obviously believe that guys would want you.

Face the facts; 1) You are not as attractive than Emma Watson, 2) I was not coming on to you, 3) You're a jealous girl.

Good Day!

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.