Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Heavy snow apparently all night for my area, but i'm going to the Manchester Fees Protest anyway so doesn't really effect me. Hopefully this time instead of "students" smashing up Police Vans and buildings they'll just create snow angels and make snow men.

ReputationRep:
    It's snowed a lot here, turning the hill I live on into a death slope, but as I had an essay to hand in and food to buy, I had to brave it. It was an experience.

ReputationRep:
    Thick snow up North but some of it is melting.

Result = unwitting stepped into a massive puddle as I crossed the road. not pleasant.

ReputationRep:
    No snow yet... it's meant to snow tonight though

Having said that, I'll probably be thrilled until I get hit on the back of the head by a snow ball or slip over and land on my arse.

Those are the usual things which have annoyed me about snow in previous years...

ReputationRep:
    been snowing since thursday, been off today and now they say we have to go in tomorrow despite the snow is getting worse and have now decided they might not give us our EMA as the college wasn't open great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieDoughLove)
    More fool you for going in :awesome:
    Well I couldn't really have predicted how freezing it was going to be! :argh:

ReputationRep:
    Excitement and then disappointment when it stopped after about half an hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonymeen)
    Well I couldn't really have predicted how freezing it was going to be! :argh:
    Haha, well you could of always buggered off home. I used to stay off when it snowed, was a good excuse :yep:

ReputationRep:
    The snow has affected me mentally.
    WE DONT HAVE ENOUGH WHERE I LIVE! GIVE US SNOW!
    Its driving me sad. and slightly mad.

ReputationRep:
    i used to love snow but now im a bit mature and a bit annoyned of the snow.
    if it snows in london :angry: i havent got no gloves yet, need to invest in em quick!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    no snow for me

just a tube strike, plenty of ice and freezing wind. how lovely.

oh and running across the road to the other building trying to escape the cold was an experience >.<
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    made a snowman bigger than myself but then when it came to actually going into uni i was sliding all over the place!

ReputationRep:
    Sooooo cold

ReputationRep:
    Loads of snow here

ReputationRep:
    We always have it easy in Bristol, it's just freezing here and no snow.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when/if it will snow heavily in manchester? I swear everywhere else has snow apart from us!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieDoughLove)
    Haha, well you could of always buggered off home. I used to stay off when it snowed, was a good excuse :yep:
    :h: I might just do that tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAZZA007)
    So, Tis the season.... snow is falling all around us, children playing, having fun and all that jazz! :rolleyes:

It has been heavilly snowing of late, so, opinions people, is snow positive or negative?
    Thank You
    If I get to uni next year I will brng my Russian Ushanka - I will be the warmest guy in the country :teeth:

I have seen the news, it really struck me when I saw that you brits didnt have enough salt for the ice on the roads...I thought you guys were really good at planning :awesome:

Snow is good, Im from Russia so its great!

ReputationRep:
    Well, my sixth form parents evening got cancelled and the whole school was closed today.
    I like the snow, but I want it to go away by my birthday, I'm 18 on Sunday. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Had zero, doesn't bother me since i have nowhere important to go atm

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.