ReputationRep:
    epic irish performance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis.)
    At least we have our potatoes

Rugby's like my 4th sport, don't care about it anyway :hand::cry:
    We bottled it like Arsenal do on a regular basis

ReputationRep:
    where do they find these referees ... we get penalised for a high tackle ... I then counted 5 by Ireland that got "missed" ... Youngs get's sin binned for slowing down the play ... O'Gara get's let of for the same and smacking Ashton ... wo...uld the resultant penalties have made a difference ... maybe ... why wait ten minutes into the second half before bringing Wilkinson on? Potential grand slam against Ireland ... should have started with the experienced players ... built up a lead then let the young guns loose ... what has been said to Ashton ... he's a different player to the first few games ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrozenBeak)
    where do they find these referees ... we get penalised for a high tackle ... I then counted 5 by Ireland that got "missed" ... Youngs get's sin binned for slowing down the play ... O'Gara get's let of for the same and smacking Ashton ... wo...uld the resultant penalties have made a difference ... maybe ... why wait ten minutes into the second half before bringing Wilkinson on? Potential grand slam against Ireland ... should have started with the experienced players ... built up a lead then let the young guns loose ... what has been said to Ashton ... he's a different player to the first few games ...
    Didn't Youngs get binned for throwing the ball away? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Yes he did, but under the line of time wasting.

ReputationRep:
    Even though it was going to be our throw in the first friggin place.

ReputationRep:
    Are there not that many Welsh supporters out in France tonight? I had no idea the Welsh anthem could sound so bad

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's true that quite a few calls that should have gone England's way didn't, but it wouldn't have changed the scoreline by enough to make a win. We always knew Lawrence was a 'Homer' referee anyway, and the irish drums really got to him today, but we should have been prepared for that. Indiscipline has been a problem for a while, and young's tap at the scrum was unforgivable from an English PoV (But the later incident has to be the first time in 6 nations history that anyone has been sent off for time-wasting on the first offence). It took a lot of old heads to rally a team under pressure today, and it's plain to see that inexperience was the Achilles heel in the latter part of the first half.

That said, this 6 nations has been positive overall for England, and they're staking a real claim to that 2015 trophy. Hope to see them progress well from this solid starting block, I'm saving up for a ticket to final now

ReputationRep:
    France have got their **** together. Looks like the championship is very promising for us now. Losing the grand slam still hurts though as it was such an unexpected flop.

Well done to BOD though on the scoring record. Such a legend of the game.

ReputationRep:
    Wales are getting schooled right now...

Am I working this out right? Unless Wales start scoring they could end up finishing 4th on points difference.

If France win this then France, Ireland and Wales would each have 3 wins and 2 losses.

Ireland currently have a points difference of +12

As a result of how the match is going right now France are on +26, and Wales are on +6

In all honesty the way things are going right now Wales could end up with a minus...

*positive thinking Hood, positive thinking*

ReputationRep:
    And in 80 minutes, 2 months of excitement comes crashing down... France were ferocious though, but Wales had chances and crumbled the second they didn't get them.

4th place seems to be becoming the Welsh number;

2000 - 4th
    2001 - 4th
    2002 - 5th
    2003 - Wooden Spoon
    2004 - 4th
    2005 - Grand Slam
    2006 - 5th
    2007 - 5th
    2008 - Grand Slam
    2009 - 4th
    2010 - 4th
    2011 - 4th

Really well done to England though, in the context of the last match I'm gutted for them that they didn't get the Grand Slam this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    Hey Wales fans, are you ready to see England win the grand slam?
    Revenge has never tasted so sweet.

What great games. Pity Italy didn't do better, but it was fun to watch.

Some interesting refereeing all round though, some really dubious calls. Three games, three penalties where there was a try about to be scored, makes no sense to take the try away only to award the penalty.

What was with Scotland moving into the space on the lineouts?!

Where was that Ireland team throughout the championship?! Well done to Sexton, he proved to me that he deserves to be on the team, though I would still like to see O'Gara starting in the World Cup this autumn. Yayyyyyyy for O'Driscoll!

England were a joke today, but well done to Thompson for that amazing try, was superb. What happened to you, though? You had the GS, you were easily the best team in the tournament, but that team didn't appear at all today. Was a huge shock. Inexperience? Nerves? Press hype? Who knows. Definitely deserve the championship, though, so well done to you.

Pity about Wales losing so badly, but I can't complain cause that put us into 3rd. Well played France as well, they deserved that win. Hook didn't deserve to be sin-binned, though. That was a ****ing disgrace of a call.

Question, though, what's the point in having a captain, if you're going to sub him every single match?! I'm looking at you Wales.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    Hey Wales fans, are you ready to see England win the grand slam?

Bit gutted about Wales. Our finishing 4th however was totally eclipsed by the Irish stopping an English grand slam. Wooooooooooooooooo! I knew they'd do it.

ReputationRep:
    Shame England didn't win the Grand Slam and Triple Crown yesterday but they came up against a fired up Ireland side who battered them and played with passion. It was always a tall order for Wales to go to France and win, never mind by 27 points but they've still had a Six Nations to feel relatively satisfied with. Scotland meanwhile avoid the wooden spoon. Six nations in the bag for England at the end of it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hood_Man)
    And in 80 minutes, 2 months of excitement comes crashing down... France were ferocious though, but Wales had chances and crumbled the second they didn't get them.

4th place seems to be becoming the Welsh number;

2000 - 4th
    2001 - 4th
    2002 - 5th
    2003 - Wooden Spoon
    2004 - 4th
    2005 - Grand Slam
    2006 - 5th
    2007 - 5th
    2008 - Grand Slam
    2009 - 4th
    2010 - 4th
    2011 - 4th

Really well done to England though, in the context of the last match I'm gutted for them that they didn't get the Grand Slam this year.
    At least you don't support Scotland. It's like being poked in the eye all year round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    At least you don't support Scotland. It's like being poked in the eye all year round.
    Could be worse, could be an Italian fan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Could be worse, could be an Italian fan.
    True true, but they were unlucky against Ireland and Wales I think - matches they could easily have won. Plus they beat France. Reminds me of us last year, so close but no cigar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    True true, but they were unlucky against Ireland and Wales I think - matches they could easily have won. Plus they beat France. Reminds me of us last year, so close but no cigar.
    I think that's why it's worse for me. They managed to beat France and then had such a poor showing against Scotland. Was such a let down. Well done Scotland, though, but still, gutted for Italy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    I think that's why it's worse for me. They managed to beat France and then had such a poor showing against Scotland. Was such a let down. Well done Scotland, though, but still, gutted for Italy.
    I think it had even got to the stage for me, that I would't have begrudged them the win had they beaten us. In fact, we need a stonger Italy, so it would almost have been the right thing to do!!

I think we suffer perennially from being slow starters. The schedules of visits seems to be the same every year. We always end up playing France first and then Italy last. I think they need to shake it up a bit more. For instance, it would be nice if we started with Italy first, then finished in England or Wales.

ReputationRep:
    Player of the tournament, anyone?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.