Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexB1001)
    Haha. How about a marathon night... or should I say week? There are literally over a hundred hours of Lost.

By the way, are you going to firm Imperial?
    Fo' sho' we should have a Lost marathon Where we dress up as a Lost character of our choice :clap2: I call dibs on Sayid (because I'm Asian and have black hair). Whoever chooses to be Sawyer better be good. Sawyer = :drool: + :sogood:

And yup I will be firming Imperial if my school allows me. What course do you have an offer for btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arianex)
    Ehe.

By the way, here's something that might interest you - the deadline for firming/insurancing offers isn't in March It's the universities and colleges who *should* decide by March 31 for you to reply by May 5.

Thank you for clearing that up, UCAS!
    Ahhh okay thanks. So if my last choice (lboro) get back to me on the 6th of May, I have until June to decide

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikita_atikin)
    And yup I will be firming Imperial if my school allows me.
    Would you seriously not firm Imperial if your school said so? :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViralRiver)
    Ahh okay thanks.

Anyone have any reasonably hard edexcel c3 questions?
    http://www.srepapmaxeeeerf.org/A%20L...el/C3/Solomon/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freefrag)
    Would you seriously not firm Imperial if your school said so? :O
    Well I should get the grades and in real life, I'm a total lazy s***.
    If the school feels I won't get the grades then ts stupidity on my part to firm Imperial. Sooo I'm working my butt off for the January exams to convince the the teachers that I should firm Imperial. I reckon I'll firm them anyway but if I get Bs in the January modules, I'll reconsider (with regret).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hajolli;)
    I have a conditional offer for Chemistry AAA

no A*!!
    This may be a bit of a random question...but what type of extra curriculars did you put down?

ReputationRep:
    Fo' sho' we should have a Lost marathon Where we dress up as a Lost character of our choice :clap2: I call dibs on Sayid (because I'm Asian and have black hair). Whoever chooses to be Sawyer better be good. Sawyer = :drool: + :sogood:

And yup I will be firming Imperial if my school allows me. What course do you have an offer for btw?
    Biological Sciences. I can't find almost anyone else who has got an offer for it!

ReputationRep:
    Biological Sciences. I can't find almost anyone else who has got an offer for it!
    You've got a beaut of an offer from Imperial! AAB is amazing! I'm sure you'll find people soonish Keep your eyes peeled!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:

Hmm, who to dress up as.... I think I've got most of Locke's clothing, but I look nothing like him. Maybe Vincent - just need to pick up a collar, and pin a tail on.

Oh, I got it, I'll be the smoke monster.

You've got a beaut of an offer from Imperial! AAB is amazing! I'm sure you'll find people soonish Keep your eyes peeled!
    That offer is great, compare to offers these days. For 2007 entry, you'd find the average entry requirements were ABB for most departments - oh how times have changed. Congratulations - you must be good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrypton)
    You're not alone. The number of applications must have increased considerably this year, because the standard offer for JMC was 7 in Maths and 6 in Physics HL, but I got 7 and 7. Asking for 7s in both Maths and Physics is asking for a lot though.
    But the A-level offer seems to be the same.. A*AA! Aren't we like a bit disadvantaged...?

ReputationRep:
    Hey!! Count me in Biomedical engineering AAAABB A in math and A in physics! WOO

DID ANYONE DO AN INTERVIEW FOR BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING IN IMPERIAL? i didnt but have one for chemincal in January . . . . x x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oleahi)
    But the A-level offer seems to be the same.. A*AA! Aren't we like a bit disadvantaged...?
    The A Level offer for standard computing is A*AAA and for JMC it's A*A*A(A/a).
    All of us are disadvantaged to be honest.

HAPPY NEW YEAR FOLKS!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKEY)

DID ANYONE DO AN INTERVIEW FOR BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING IN IMPERIAL? i didnt but have one for chemincal in January . . . . x x
    Nice offer (6 subjects? Really?), you will be listed there are several others who already have offers for Bio Eng on the third post of the first page

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKEY)

Congrats - which level (3yr/4yr), and what qualifications are those? If they're A-levels I'm gobsmacked that you're doing 6...pwhoar! :O

And yes, I'm also a BioEng offer holder - got it post-interview. I'm curious as to how you got an offer sans BioEng interview, although perhaps you didn't have to because ChemEng were going to interview you anyway...meh, not exactly sure how it works; I'm just musing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arianex)
    Congrats - which level (3yr/4yr), and what qualifications are those? If they're A-levels I'm gobsmacked that you're doing 6...pwhoar! :O

And yes, I'm also a BioEng offer holder - got it post-interview. I'm curious as to how you got an offer sans BioEng interview, although perhaps you didn't have to because ChemEng were going to interview you anyway...meh, not exactly sure how it works; I'm just musing
    Oh no dont worry im not sure what u mean with the 3rd /4th year stuff im doin the Irish leaving Cert and thats not even half of it i actually am doin 8 subjects . . i no shoot me NOW ha . . . . eh yea i was kinda surprised cos i gt the offer in Nov?! i mean surely not evryone would hve even applied back then? i just thought they must be really desperate . . . i thought i was like the only applicant and they just needed somebody! x x
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKEY)
    Oh no dont worry im not sure what u mean with the 3rd /4th year stuff im doin the Irish leaving Cert and thats not even half of it i actually am doin 8 subjects . . i no shoot me NOW ha . . . . eh yea i was kinda surprised cos i gt the offer in Nov?! i mean surely not evryone would hve even applied back then? i just thought they must be really desperate . . . i thought i was like the only applicant and they just needed somebody! x x
    Imperial have a rolling offers system, because loads of the people who get offers reject them for Oxbridge they can afford to give out more places than they have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roblee)
    Nice offer (6 subjects? Really?), you will be listed there are several others who already have offers for Bio Eng on the third post of the first page
    List me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKEY)
    eh yea i was kinda surprised cos i gt the offer in Nov?! i mean surely not evryone would hve even applied back then? i just thought they must be really desperate . . . i thought i was like the only applicant and they just needed somebody! x x
    Yeah, I got my offer in November too! I was really surprised as I wasn't expecting to hear from anywhere so soon!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    List me!
    • AlexB1001
    • AlexB1001
    • AlexB1001
    • AlexB1001
    • AlexB1001
    • AlexB1001

No, seriously, you're on the list. Look on the third post of the first page, your name is right under the hippie (don't judge me for my smiley choices!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roblee)
    • AlexB1001
    • AlexB1001
    • AlexB1001
    • AlexB1001
    • AlexB1001
    • AlexB1001

No, seriously, you're on the list. Look on the third post of the first page, your name is right under the hippie (don't judge me for my smiley choices!)
    Woblee, can you put :headbang: beside my name on "The List" please? Just because I'm cool that way and I look like :headbang: and all
    Also can we name the list "The Blackbox" please? As a subtle comp sci reference I doubt it will catch on but we might as well make a habit out of it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.