420 everyday

ReputationRep:
    Never have, Never will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bongboy6969)
    I just want to know why people miss out on this awesome plant
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I'm just not interested. :dontknow: And no, I never drank underage/illegally.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't appeal to me. Same reason why I've never tried a cigarette.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derangedyoshi)
    /thread.

Isn't this enough of a repellent?
    Taking one persons' opinion of something just because that something affected someone they knew isn't exactly going to stand up in court

ReputationRep:
    Basically, at school I was always too worried about 'doing it wrong' and just passed it round (looking back, most people also didn't have a clue what they were doing!). Pretty much a loner so never in social situations where it's available (and I'm still stuck in self-conscious 13-yr-old land and would be just as worried about 'doing it wrong' to this day :rolleyes:..). It actually is something which appeals to me. I wouldn't know where to get it though (other than my dad, which would be awkward...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    There aren't ANY undesirables. Explain what undesirables you are talking about? No carcinogens, tar or anything else present as there isn't ANY SMOKE.
    Here you go.

http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v06n3/06359mj1.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Taking one persons' opinion of something just because that something affected someone they knew isn't exactly going to stand up in court
    So you'd be happy to get schizophrenia sometime soon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lightburns)
    Poppers seem to affect different people in different ways.

It helped me greatly when I was very depressed. Far better than anti-depressents could have done, and without the side-effects. I had to find an alternative to self-harm, because I was in a situation where I could not let professionals know about my depression. Complicated situation.
    I call the poppers meditation in a bottle. They just let me go of everything. Concentrate, but concentrating on nothing. Just temporarily nothing bad is happening, it's like the rest of the world doesn't exist.

Cannabis is a bit of fun for me. But poppers are good next time I find myself in a bad place. They allow me to continue functioning fully in everyday life without dealing with my problems - there are some problems that can't be dealt with right away.
    Wow. That's all I can say.

ReputationRep:
    I like smoking te weeds, it gives me super powers....

Seriously though, I don't get why people don't smoke...

I know it's bad for your health etc. but im the type of guy that will try most things (within reason) at least once, whether it be smoking weed, wakeboarding, sky diving, playing golf etc because I want to live my life to the full and don't want to be deprived of new experiances...to be honest that would be a terrible waste of a life IMO

Obviusly weed is relativley harmless (compred to alcohol etc) so I don't understand the people that are so dead against it, they won't even try it!

I totally understand if you tried it, and hated it, but if you haven't tried it why knock it? Before people say it's bad for you or it's illegal, please stop and ask yourself why you drank when you were under age and still drink now...:rolleyes:

I just want to know why people miss out on this awesome plant

Take your point but you can't really compare drinking to smoking weed; drinking is socially acceptable from pretty much your teen years til old age (the odd scotch perhaps?), and it is also used as a remover of social barriers to help meet new people. Rightly or wrongly you can't go out to a bar and get high with a bunch of randomers - and if you did, you probably wouldn't remember much new about them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by derangedyoshi)
    So you'd be happy to get schizophrenia sometime soon?
    The ignorance that creates people to believe that cannabis creates mental illnesses truly is profound.

ReputationRep:
    I like smoking te weeds, it gives me super powers....

Seriously though, I don't get why people don't smoke...
    Cos I don't need weed to get superpowers
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbobur)
    Cos I don't need weed to get superpowers
    Did a freak storm give you yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    Did a freak storm give you yours?
    I can't tell you, it might reveal my secret identity...:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenocide)
    Take your point but you can't really compare drinking to smoking weed; drinking is socially acceptable from pretty much your teen years til old age (the odd scotch perhaps?), and it is also used as a remover of social barriers to help meet new people. Rightly or wrongly you can't go out to a bar and get high with a bunch of randomers - and if you did, you probably wouldn't remember much new about them.
    Weed can be used in the same way, I have meet quite a few new people and smoked with them at parties, bars, camping etc and normally remember it pretty well, if I dont then that will be down to the alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    I have. Bit boring. Not the best drug out there.

ReputationRep:
    I've had quite a few chances to smoke pot but I've never really wanted to. I think it's just because of the smoking thing to be honest, I've tried smoking cigarettes and just didn't like it at all and I bet smoking pot would be the same. I've eaten it before but it's just not that effective in food really. I think if you could get it easily in a different form then perhaps I would try it (one that didn't involve stabbing my arms either)... or through a shisha or something... I might try that but I've never had it available/had the inclination to bother doing it so I haven't.

ReputationRep:
    Can't get my hands on a dealer which is sad because I live in central london in elephant and castle.

ReputationRep:
    If it ain't broken why fix it.
    I don't need it to live.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.