Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nayyabb)
    hey! was wondering if anyone knows what the pass mark is?
    Ive been told that its about 80%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nayyabb)
    hey! was wondering if anyone knows what the pass mark is?
    hey, the pass mark is 78% or 185 points

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys..... is anyone starting september 2013 at the faculty in pilsen?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys !
    Does any of you know what courses can be transferred at charles university?
    I have a BA in biochemistry, and all the pre-med requirements (US). I was therefore wondering if some of those courses could be accepted !

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Im going to Charles uni 1st faculty for medicine and I was wondering whether or not to get a private apartment. the rooms that the uni gives is one that you share with some randomer and im not too keen on that. Please can someone advise me on what the best thing is that I should do for my residence :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm starting at the 2nd Faculty this September, and it would be nice to know of anyone else starting there? Also, any advice on private accommodation? 'Cause all the single rooms in the Uni Halls are taken, and i'm not too keen on sharing with a stranger. If anybody fancies a chat, private message me, it would be nice to know someone in Prague before i/we all go!

Nicholas Pitto

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you know the a level entry requirements for dentistry at Charles and do you think its possible for me to do one year there and then continue with dentistry in the uk like if I do really well or something? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nima123)
    Do any of you know the a level entry requirements for dentistry at Charles and do you think its possible for me to do one year there and then continue with dentistry in the uk like if I do really well or something? :/
    It's AAB but I know someone who goes with ABB cos she did well in the entrance exam but that already achieved those. she said if you get AAB you don't need to do the test or something but if you haven't achieved them yet or are under you do the test and an interview. Hope this was helpful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No probs not. It's virtually impossible to get a place back into the UK. Guys to broaden up your options you should look into Unis in Hungary aswell. I'm in a uni called Szeged right now

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    I was going thru everything you said regarding the program. I have been admitted for the M&D program and I was wondering if you could give me more information.
    First of all, I have a bachelor degree in biochemistry. DO you know if some of my credits can be transferred?
    Then, do I have to spend the full 6 years in prague?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iriskesh)
    Hi!
    I was going thru everything you said regarding the program. I have been admitted for the M&D program and I was wondering if you could give me more information.
    First of all, I have a bachelor degree in biochemistry. DO you know if some of my credits can be transferred?
    Then, do I have to spend the full 6 years in prague?

Thanks
    Your credits for Biochemistry should be accepted, if you wish to be exempted from this subject in second year. I would encourage you to do this as you will have more time to study the other big subjects in second year.

I think you can spend maybe one or even two years out of Prague through Erasmus, but I'm not sure how that all works as I have never done the Erasmus program before. Also, you have the choice of doing your summer clerkship (like patient care and surgery) in any country, but it would be up to you to arrange which hospital outside of the Czech Republic will allow you to do these clerkships.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you !
    Do you know who I have to talk to to be exempted and when I should be doing so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iriskesh)
    Thank you !
    Do you know who I have to talk to to be exempted and when I should be doing so?
    You talk to the head of the Biochemistry Dept, when you get to the second year of your studies

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have applied to The first faculty of Medicine via CMUCAS and also the Faculty of Medicine in Hradec Kralove via M&D.

I was thinking whether or not I should enroll onto the 2 week revision course for the entrance exam (the CMUCAS course in Malvern, Worcestershire).

Was it useful and did you stay in their accommodation? Also how many people went and would I be better off just using past papers M&D offer? (I do Maths at A Level as well as Biology and Chemistry)

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    You've probably sat the test and got the result - did you pass?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I passed the Hradec Kralove test, and they gave me an offer. However, I havent sat my 1st faculty exam yet, it is in July.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dentapp)
    Yes I passed the Hradec Kralove test, and they gave me an offer. However, I havent sat my 1st faculty exam yet, it is in July.
    congrats. what kind of pass mark did you need for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kironkabir)
    congrats. what kind of pass mark did you need for it
    Thanks, they didn't tell me what the pass mark was. I found the exam hard, and I have no idea how I passed lol. Ive heard rumours that it is 70%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zo_)
    No probs not. It's virtually impossible to get a place back into the UK. Guys to broaden up your options you should look into Unis in Hungary aswell. I'm in a uni called Szeged right now
    how is szeged? if you don't mind sharing your experiences i would really appreciate it. would you recommend it? any preparation worth noting before coming? is Hungarian language taught along side the english medicine course?

ReputationRep:
    Any of you going to charles university Prague in September?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.