Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sociology - AQA Unit 4 - Crime and Deviance and Research Methods Jan 2011 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irishmonkey1992)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0...cm_cr_asin_lnk I'm considering buying this book to secure an overall B at A-Level. Family & Households - Middle B, Education & Research Methods - Middle B. Crime & Deviance in Jan - U! Please god I'll get 2 B's again in June, I'm repeating Crime & Deviance along with Mass Media. I really don't understand how everyone on here does so bloody well in Sociology... Like seriously near enough around the 100% range for the majority of you's, sickens me when I find it a constant battle to even get B's lol I'm entirely depending on sociology to secure my chances of getting into University

Does anyone know if the book is any good? Anyone got it?
    DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK.
    If you're wondering why everyone does so well it's because we learn from the Webb/Trobe textbook which is written by the AQA cheif examiner. Therefore everything you need to know in order to get top marks is in that book. I feel kinda silly saying this because I swear it's been said before on here.
    Your teachers have done you a great dis-service by not telling you about Webb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IHeartAmerica1993)
    DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK.
    If you're wondering why everyone does so well it's because we learn from the Webb/Trobe textbook which is written by the AQA cheif examiner. Therefore everything you need to know in order to get top marks is in that book. I feel kinda silly saying this because I swear it's been said before on here.
    Your teachers have done you a great dis-service by not telling you about Webb.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0...F49BYQ5HXJ8F3B This one? I've tried finding the book people have been talking about, but theres that many Sociology AQA books available. I'm only looking a book that covers Crime & Deviance along with Research Methods and Mass Media, so far theres been no hope as not many pick Mass Media as the Unit 3. But yeah... So what does this Webb/Trobe textbook have included in it that's so good? Does it show sample essays that are in the C band and one in the A band? I would find that extremely effective for knowing where I'm going wrong. That wee Student Unit Guide for Sociology AQA that I posted there seems to have something similar to that, that's why I thought I would go for it lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.