Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSRBC -- January '11 Watch

• View Poll Results: What book do you want TSR to read?
    24.44%
    The Book Thief
    17.78%
    A Case of Exploding Mangoes
    4.44%
    The Handmaid's Tale
    2.22%
    Heart of Darkness
    33.33%
    To The Lighthouse
    4.44%
    Villette
    2.22%
    A Thousand Splendid Suns
    8.89%
    The Killing Jar
    0%
    The Pillowman
    2.22%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingofSpades)
    I have decided that a new poll must take place; I will decide the options and the result. This poll must take place after the exam period. I shall notify you via owl.
    No. :naughty:

:flybye:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonely14)
    No. :naughty:

:flybye:
    Too late. Owl is on the way.

ReputationRep:
    also if you don't like repeated descriptions of how dark and raging the trees are, you will not like this

ReputationRep:
    also if you don't like repeated descriptions of how dark and raging the trees are, you will not like this
    Repeated descriptions of dark and raging trees are my favourite.

ReputationRep:
    I have decided that a new poll must take place; I will decide the options and the result. This poll must take place after the exam period. I shall notify you via owl.

aren't you a troll?

ReputationRep:
    An email on New Year's Eve told me that the book had been posted. It STILL hasn't arrived Not impressed at all. I want to read but don't want to start anything when I should have HoD to read any minute...

ReputationRep:
    Yay! Mine arrived today with a few other books. It's always the way, I go onto Amazon for one specific thing and end up buying more books than I intended.

ReputationRep:
    Reading 3 books at the same time is probably not a good idea when i have impending exams and coursework deadlines :rolleyes:

Hums "I don't need no education" :cool:

ReputationRep:
    My book was delivered today :clap2:

It's very short guys and dolls... I've already finished it.

Just kidding. It is pretty damn short though, especially compared the Under the Dome and The Stand, which are waiting, eagerly, on my shelf to be read

ReputationRep:
    Well I have now finished Kraken, and will go to the library tomorrow to borrow Heart of Darkness because I seem to have misplaced my copy.

However...there is a copy of Perdido Street Station winging its way towards me in the post...

ReputationRep:
    ok which one of you has my owl

ReputationRep:
    Alright, I'm definitely going to read it this weekend.

ReputationRep:
    I will read it on Wednesday, after my Tuesday exam :\

ReputationRep:
    I got hold of a copy today, finally.

On a tenuously related note, would there be anyway to do this over the internets?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12209143

Would it ever be as popular and widespread as book clubs?

Thread's gone quiet :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    I got hold of a copy today, finally.

On a tenuously related note, would there be anyway to do this over the internets?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12209143

Would it ever be as popular and widespread as book clubs?

Thread's gone quiet :unsure:
    That record club sounds really good! Over the internet? Probably! It's only up to each memeber to follow the rules and do it conscientiously.... Would be really interesting to try I think. You should start one on here!! Though I suppose on of the advatages of doing it all together in a room is that the music does convey a strong feeling to the group, leading to on-the-spot discussions more clearly related to the mood which has just been set.

Ohhh and this thread isn't that quiet...! People are just here making excuses as to why they haven't read yet :hubba: hahaha.

I've read it and I am waiting to START THIS DISCUSSION :groovy:!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilyCH)
    That record club sounds really good! Over the internet? Probably! It's only up to each memeber to follow the rules and do it conscientiously.... Would be really interesting to try I think. You should start one on here!! Though I suppose on of the advatages of doing it all together in a room is that the music does convey a strong feeling to the group, leading to on-the-spot discussions more clearly related to the mood which has just been set.
    Ok. I'm starting it, and I'm hijacking this thread to do so :fuhrer:

We're all going to listen to their much overlooked second album, In My Mind (Is a Different World - A Cheeky One) by the Cheeky Girls.

Ohhh and this thread isn't that quiet...! People are just here making excuses as to why they haven't read yet :hubba: hahaha.

I haven't started it yet because I'm lazy.

ReputationRep:
    Currently reading "My Life as a Traitor" by Zarah Ghahramani

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Life_as_a_Traitor

http://www.amazon.com/My-Life-Traito.../dp/0374217300

Very interesting so far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilyCH)

I haven't started it yet...

But that's 'cause I got an inteview! :dance: So I chose to prepare for that instead, obviously.

However I am having a night off tonight so I will be lifting (something else I've recently neglected ), showering eating and reading this book :yep: That's the plan...

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I posted on the old thread (coz I'm an idiot) then found you guys here (coz I'm a creepy creepy stalker).
    How do I join, and what book shall I read - February's? Has it been voted for yet?

Cheers mdears

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruby*Slippers)
    Hello,
    I posted on the old thread (coz I'm an idiot) then found you guys here (coz I'm a creepy creepy stalker).
    How do I join, and what book shall I read - February's? Has it been voted for yet?

Cheers mdears
    Well, we haven't really started discussing Heart of Darkness yet, so you could still read that?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.