why are brits unfortunate looking in the looks department? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam 09)
    I'm not
    You're funny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    :facepalm2:

Please tell me this isn't how you actually think that genetics works. Please.

How do you think that variation arose between and within individual populations that migrated to the UK? (or anywhere else) Mutation. It didn't suddenly stop happening once those populations migrated to the UK. Lots of migration + long period of time since migration + mutation = substantial variation!

Tell you what, I'll buy you a biology textbook for Christmas next year! You obviously need it.
    Just been reading through the thread, and on your point of genetic diversity-even though there's been lots of waves of immigration to these islands (Anglo Saxons, Romans etc) i've read that this was more of a cultural take over, rather than a genetic one-apparently most English people have a large majority of their genes from the first settlers so maybe there's a point in the argument that we're considered ugly due to the fact that there's not much genetic diversity compared to other European countries??

(I've got a foreign grandparent though so i'm exempt lol)

Tbh, though i think it's a bit of a myth that Brits are inherently bad looking. From my own perspective i'd say that diet is a BIG factor in us being considered bad looking. If more of the country were of a healthy weight then i'd say our attractiveness ratings would go up overnight. I think Eastern European women can be stunning, but tbh a lot of Polish girls i see are no better looking facially than the average British woman but because they're of a healthy weight they look better (both facially because it means you can actually see their jaw line lol and obv figure wise.) (same goes for men.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amizzle91)
    Aww, fanks

God, I can't wait for that day, do you think you could also stop posting on here? Your posts are not only ridiculous but hideously repetitive "lol hedonism lol fat people lol depressed fat people lol look at this one paper that sort of but doesn't really support my point but i'll keep posting it anyway " <- basically the summary of any one of your posts.
    If that's the summary of my posts, how would you summarise yours? "OMGOSH U SUK THE TRUTH SUKZ I H8 IT SO I GONNA H8 U!"
    You are seriously pathetic. Fat people are hedonistic & fat and depression have been linked so to say that as if I'm wrong shows the denial you are living in.
    Brits are considered ugly thanks to chubby ugly girls who have no sense of fashion. Like yourself. Now go away and live your pathetic miserable life where you will never be happy, get to 35, and realise you are another one of the overweight, bored, depressed women that make up a large % of Britain's women
    To be honest though, you're not a nice person so hey, karma for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    Well, history books don't compare to living & visiting the southern states, sorry.
    You're basing all of your assumptions on California, Southern Florida and New York. They are nothing like the real America.
    You'd be ignorant if you thought the real America had higher racial diversity then the UK too.If you went there you'd know what I'm talking about.
    Lol you obviously haven't been to the 'real' britain (i.e. not London or birmingham) if you think that the UK has more racial diversity than the USA. Approx 90% of people in the UK were White British at the last census. Do you honestly think that 9 out of 10 Americans are White?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    If that's the summary of my posts, how would you summarise yours? "OMGOSH U SUK THE TRUTH SUKZ I H8 IT SO I GONNA H8 U!"
    You are seriously pathetic. Fat people are hedonistic & fat and depression have been linked so to say that as if I'm wrong shows the denial you are living in.
    Brits are considered ugly thanks to chubby ugly girls who have no sense of fashion. Like yourself. Now go away and live your pathetic miserable life where you will never be happy, get to 35, and realise you are another one of the overweight, bored, depressed women that make up a large % of Britain's women
    To be honest though, you're not a nice person so hey, karma for you

Haha, where did I say that the truth sucks in this thread? I just pointed out the sheer repetitive nature of your posts and the threads you post in Sorry if it's too close to home for you, the fact that you are inherently so sad that you devote all this time into crying over these evil fat people and how they evidently ruin your life Bless.

Haha, I might be alone at 35 but at least I won't be like you, probably still ranting on message boards about those 'pesky fat people and how you're obviously so much better than them' in a painfully obvious attempt at raising your self worth :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, where did I say that the truth sucks in this thread? I just pointed out the sheer repetitive nature of your posts and the threads you post in Sorry if it's too close to home for you, the fact that you are inherently so sad that you devote all this time into crying over these evil fat people and how they evidently ruin your life Bless.

Haha, I might be alone at 35 but at least I won't be like you, probably still ranting on message boards about those 'pesky fat people and how you're obviously so much better than them' in a painfully obvious attempt at raising your self worth :rofl:
    Evil fat people? Ruining my life? What the **** you on about?
    You tried insulting me by repeating the facts I use - that's how you think the truth sucks as you think stating the truth is an insult :rolleyes:. And I haven't even mentioned them in this thread....That was you....Chip on your shoulder at all?
    HAHAHA. Words of a confident person "I might be alone at 35". You're a horrible person, inside & out, but at least you seem to know it :top:
    I'll be happy & successful so damn right you won't be like me, you'll be wallowing in your own misery trying to warp reality instead of dealing with what is making you unhappy. You were the one to mention me so yeah, I think you're the one with the issues but once again you try warping reality into something else. You are truly ugly pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Evil fat people? Ruining my life? What the **** you on about?
    You tried insulting me by repeating the facts I use - that's how you think the truth sucks as you think stating the truth is an insult :rolleyes:. And I haven't even mentioned them in this thread....That was you....Chip on your shoulder at all?
    HAHAHA. Words of a confident person "I might be alone at 35". You're a horrible person, inside & out, but at least you seem to know it :top:
    I'll be happy & successful so damn right you won't be like me, you'll be wallowing in your own misery trying to warp reality instead of dealing with what is making you unhappy. You were the one to mention me so yeah, I think you're the one with the issues but once again you try warping reality into something else. You are truly ugly pathetic.

Woo, calm down dear, I really did hit a nerve didn't I? Haha.

YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I'LL BE SUCCESSFUL AND I NEED TO POINT THIS OUT BECAUSE I NEED EVERYONE TO SEE THAT I AM AWESOME!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paint-a-Picture)
    You're funny
    Why thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by summershine)
    Lol you obviously haven't been to the 'real' britain (i.e. not London or birmingham) if you think that the UK has more racial diversity than the USA. Approx 90% of people in the UK were White British at the last census. Do you honestly think that 9 out of 10 Americans are White?
    74% of people in the USA are white, but either way they have a bigger obesity problem. Either way, I can't be bothered arguing about things that don't matter and are wrong. Not all British people have bad teeth, shaved heads and beer bellies, and if that's what you believe then fine. No one cares.

ReputationRep:
    You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!

Shame.

To be honest, I wouldn't think Brits would care if foreigners they haven't met think we're ugly tbh.

We're known to have that 'up yours' attitude after all.
    yes, and that's what is damaging.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimalme)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/relations...eople.com.html

is it due to years of inbreeding? or bad diet?

they're consistently being rated the ugliest people in the world
    What standard is being used to define attractiveness? The article is no longer available.

ReputationRep:
    Woo, calm down dear, I really did hit a nerve didn't I? Haha.

YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I'LL BE SUCCESSFUL AND I NEED TO POINT THIS OUT BECAUSE I NEED EVERYONE TO SEE THAT I AM AWESOME!!!
    Actually I'm pointing it out because you tried to imply I've the one with the wrong view on life:

"I just pointed out the sheer repetitive nature of your posts and the threads you post in Sorry if it's too close to home for you, the fact that you are inherently so sad that you devote all this time into crying over these evil fat people and how they evidently ruin your life Bless. "

And yet you're the one who mentioned I was in the thread out of the blue and then you start going on about fat people....Insecure at all? :top:
    Go away please, you make the country unpleasant and ugly.

ReputationRep:
    Aww, fanks

God, I can't wait for that day, do you think you could also stop posting on here? Your posts are not only ridiculous but hideously repetitive "lol hedonism lol fat people lol depressed fat people lol look at this one paper that sort of but doesn't really support my point but i'll keep posting it anyway " <- basically the summary of any one of your posts.
    For the first time in my life, I've repped you. He's so pathetic it's actually funny lol.

ReputationRep:
    My brother is also my son, my dad is also my grandad. That's England for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Actually I'm pointing it out because you tried to imply I've the one with the wrong view on life:

"I just pointed out the sheer repetitive nature of your posts and the threads you post in Sorry if it's too close to home for you, the fact that you are inherently so sad that you devote all this time into crying over these evil fat people and how they evidently ruin your life Bless. "

And yet you're the one who mentioned I was in the thread out of the blue and then you start going on about fat people....Insecure at all? :top:
    Go away please, you make the country unpleasant and ugly.

Haha, fail, I mentioned fat people because I was commenting on the repetitive nature of your posts- i.e. you always go on about fat people and ugly people. It's boring, we all expect it now. Try something new.

You didn't need to quote me when I first agreed with 'lovely_me' that this thread was complete now you'd turned up amusing us all. So I must have hit a nerve

Go away please, you're boring us all with your weird obsession with those apparently you feel are 'lesser' than you (although I think we're pretty much at rock bottom with regards to your good self )

ReputationRep:
    Haha, fail, I mentioned fat people because I was commenting on the repetitive nature of your posts- i.e. you always go on about fat people and ugly people. It's boring, we all expect it now. Try something new.

You didn't need to quote me when I first agreed with 'lovely_me' that this thread was complete now you'd turned up amusing us all. So I must have hit a nerve

Go away please, you're boring us all with your weird obsession with those apparently you feel are 'lesser' than you (although I think we're pretty much at rock bottom with regards to your good self )
    Did I start this thread? No.

Instead of trolling, how about you say why what I say is of no value? Just because some of my posts are repetitive doesn't make them instantly worthless. Or that make far too much sense? :rolleyes:
    Why should I try something new? Fat ugly people like yourself still try to warp reality so until you change, I'll keep repeating the truth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    For the first time in my life, I've repped you. He's so pathetic it's actually funny lol.
    Wow another insecure girl....
    If you ever wonder why you'll never get quality men, look in the mirror, the answer is staring right back at you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mazty)
    Did I start this thread? No.

Instead of trolling, how about you say why what I say is of no value? Just because some of my posts are repetitive doesn't make them instantly worthless. Or that make far too much sense? :rolleyes:
    Why should I try something new? Fat ugly people like yourself still try to warp reality so until you change, I'll keep repeating the truth

It can't be of that much worth if you have to keep repeating them in order to try and get people to agree with you :rofl:

And here we have it, ladies and gentleman, proof this one cannot debate, resort to 'personal insults'. Well done, love. Proved my point like a charm.

Haha, why did you neg me It's worth nothing hahahaha.

ReputationRep:
    74% of people in the USA are white, but either way they have a bigger obesity problem. Either way, I can't be bothered arguing about things that don't matter and are wrong. Not all British people have bad teeth, shaved heads and beer bellies, and if that's what you believe then fine. No one cares.
    Would you please stop dragging America into this completely out of nowhere? Like regurgitating blatant falsehoods and stereotypes while complaining about the same thing being done to your own country?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steevee)
    Which one, there's been lots and most of them are ethnically British :rolleyes:
    Yeah i know. This is the one i was talking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hammasa_Kohistani

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.