ReputationRep:
    how did everyone find the exam today??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tpowertj)
    Where did you get the paper?
    Here: http://www.2shared.com/document/lRHUSB66/11_Jan.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farhan.Hanif93)
    To be honest, having just worked through the paper in an hour or so, I don't think it was that hard at all. The last question required a little ingenuity but this paper was about as difficult as the other two 2010 papers, in my opinion. I'd expect exam conditions would have added about 20 mins to my time taken to work through the paper.
    Where can we find the raw marks for the grade boundaries for last years C3 papers? (Or can you remember them by chance?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freerider101)
    Where can we find the raw marks for the grade boundaries for last years C3 papers? (Or can you remember them by chance?)
    June or Jan?

Jan (page 61): http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/ms_10...10_gce_jan.pdf
    June (page 20 something) : http://www.2shared.com/document/9N4n...ne_GradeB.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freerider101)
    Google 'OCR Grade boundaries june 2010'.

ReputationRep:
    Did you try the paper? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glen_Nichols)
    Did you try the paper? x
    To be honest, having just worked through the paper in an hour or so...

ReputationRep:
    Did you try the paper? x
    Yeah, I thought it was fine really. Certainly no more difficult than last years IMHO. How did you get on?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I did give it a search. I was wondering what the A* grade boundary was since they only have A downwards.
    Also would you guess it was of similar difficulty to last years C3 so roughly the same boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yourworstnightmare)
    An A* certainly isn't out of the question; nor should you give up hope. Last year I came out of my exam feeling exactly how you did, thinking i've scored like 53/72 max and I did score roughly that, which equated to 91 UMS out of a 100 when usually it would be a B so I was very pleased. Judging by the replies and the response by the people in my school, I can understand that it was a harder paper and the A will be around 50/72, just as a guess.

If somebody PM's me the paper, i'd probably be able to give a more accurate response but I can't tell for sure since I don't know how the entire country found it. TSR is quite an intelligent place so if they thought it was hard, chances are boundaries will be low , but just wait and hope for the best.

As for the resits, as long as it's not Cambridge or somebody who specifies like Imperial sometimes say A in every module without resitting or no resits permitted, you should be fine. Contact the university or your school UCAS mentor if you're still unsure.

The very best of luck to you and don't panic too much, concentrate on your other exams and decide what to do in March. Remember that you can still nail C4. I, and many other people, scored higher in C4 than we did in C3 so just give it your best, work hard and want it a lot.
    Thanks, I feel slightly better now that I did. I normally don't get stressed in exams, particularly for maths but 10 minutes into that it hit me and i was like :O better now though, accepted nothing can be changed. And going by what I've read most people found it hard which isn't too bad

ReputationRep:
    I really struggled on that paper! In some of the past papers I have been doing recently I have been getting a mix of grades from a B to an A*! And then today I feel like I got a D!! =[ my entire class struggled with it and we have a crap teacher. not trying to blame it on her as i know we can study et extra, but she really is bad. weve put up with her for ages trying to be grown up etc but after that paper, and the fact all of us struggled on the same questions hints somethings not right... so we are going to the head of maths to ask him about it all even if he can just put on an extra class or something for us all

ReputationRep:
    it. was. awful.
    i was literally on the brink of tears when i left that bloody exam hall.
    my whole college found it difficult. but i was just so angry because i revised and worked so hard

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I thought it was fine really. Certainly no more difficult than last years IMHO. How did you get on?
    Was all kewl for the first 5/6 questions, then a mini heart attack towards the end. With about 40 minutes to spare I had some time to salvage alot of the marks that at first I had no idea. I think I got around 50/72. Definitely not the 90% I need for my uni offer :/. Ah well, 1 exam down - 3 to go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElMoro)
    No need to be a penis, obviously I hadn't scoured the thread for all of Farhan's posts before I asked.

ReputationRep:
    I bet all of you guys who said this paper was difficult will look back in 6 months and think how did I find this hard at all. Pretty much guarantee you that will be the case.

ReputationRep:
    No need to be a penis, obviously I hadn't scoured the thread for all of Farhan's posts before I asked.
    I didn't mean to cause offense! I just quoted his message for you cause I remembered it and incase he didn't reply or something. I don't know what I was doing. Sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fell)
    it. was. awful.
    my whole college found it difficult. but i was just so angry because i revised and worked so hard

(Original post by Stephhcharlene)
    I really struggled on that paper! In some of the past papers I have been doing recently I have been getting a mix of grades from a B to an A*! And then today I feel like I got a D!! =[ my entire class struggled with it and we have a crap teacher. not trying to blame it on her as i know we can study et extra, but she really is bad. weve put up with her for ages trying to be grown up etc but after that paper, and the fact all of us struggled on the same questions hints somethings not right... so we are going to the head of maths to ask him about it all even if he can just put on an extra class or something for us all
    I am exactly the same! although my maths teacher is good, I don't think if i revised any more it would have made a difference. It's dead annoying cause it seems the more revision I do the worse I do, its been same for all AS exams and now this one feels rubbish too... well i'm off down a bad road :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fell)
    it. was. awful.

I think i cried a bit in the exam... soo embarrasing!

Ive done all past papers I could get my hands on and im sure ive not done as badly in any of them as this one. I was averaging a B grade and there is no chance I got that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quackers93)
    I am exactly the same! although my maths teacher is good, I don't think if i revised any more it would have made a difference. It's dead annoying cause it seems the more revision I do the worse I do, its been same for all AS exams and now this one feels rubbish too... well i'm off down a bad road :/
    Same here. So I'm going to have extra tuition outside of school. And yeah I know it's expensive but if it means you can get into the university and course of your choice then I think you should think about it. Even just half an hour a week will help. I am applying for medicine next September and so I need an A, but am only predicted an A/B, and that is what I will get without extra help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popey93)
    I think i cried a bit in the exam... soo embarrasing!

Ive done all past papers I could get my hands on and im sure ive not done as badly in any of them as this one. I was averaging a B grade and there is no chance I got that!
    haha its not embarrassing at all, i managed to hold my tears till i got home,
    then i just burst into tears - never had that reaction over an exam before, hahaha
    my mum was like 'WHATS THE MATTER WAS IT THE INDIVIDULATOR'
    ahhah, chin up, we'll kill core 4 (and re take C3)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.