Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Confessions of a gamer: Your worst ethically questionable behaviour in computer games Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shuvel)
    I hated people like you when I played BF2... :L Then again I also did the C4 blackhawk trick on that map, but only when 1 guy jumped in and left us all sitting on the carrier!
    What did you say to avoid the ban?
    I wrote an emotional essay weeping crocodile tears and attributed my escapade to a very human lapse in morality and asked for a reprieve promising it would never happen again.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I never did it again though

ReputationRep:
    I used to refuse to kill black people on GTA but would happily kill all the white people. I don't know why, but I think that's kind of ethnic cleansing?

ReputationRep:
    Its pretty satisfying lassoing someone in 'Red Dead Redemption' and just dragging their sorry ass through town lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H.JJJ)
    I nuked my allies on supcom for lols

edit:

I ALWAYS kill the skooma addicts in Oblivion. Poor souls, I shall free you from your vices!!!
    Who is the girl your sig? She has awesome boobies.

ReputationRep:
    Making my Sim character have sex with every male and female Sim in their neighborhood

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Video games provide us with a safe, healthy environment to vent frustration and anger. But have have you ever done something really ethically questionable on a game before? I know that any of you who have played any of the Grand Theft Auto series will obviously have committed mass murder in game (:p:), but I'm looking for examples of ingenious but dastardly uses of games for essentially cheap thrills.

I think most of us are guilty of locking a Sim in a room with no door and letting them burn to death... but fire off some of your worst crimes against digital humanity. Rep for the best examples
    MW2 airport level, hunting down every civilian I could find.

The worst is red dead redemption though, lassoing whores, shooting dead anyone who stops me, tying said whore up, putting her on a horse and riding to a really tall cliff to throw her off it never, ever gets old. That and shooting every random civilian I see, especially if they're alone, I once killed an old woman in a remote house just for lols.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    • I locked the butler in the freezer in Tomb Raider.
    • Strapping down a woman on a train track in Red Dead Redemption and then watching as the train arrived.
    • Stripping dead bodies of all their clothes and leaving them naked in Oblivion. And hitting them a few times to make them roll around on the ground. :teehee:
    • Killing children with the Fat Man gun in Fallout 3.
    • Blew up the city with the atomic bomb in Fallout 3. :moon:
    • All the stuff you do in the Tranquillity Lane quest in Fallout 3.
    • The little sisters in Bioshock. Harvested them all
    EPIC.. you are a cool dude :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Einheri)
    Who is the girl your sig? She has awesome boobies.
    spricket24

once you see past her boobies, you'll find shes freaking hillarious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H.JJJ)
    spricket24

Spoiler:
    Show

once you see past her boobies, you'll find shes freaking hillarious
    oralllllllllllllllll.
    fap fap.
    • Section Leader
    • Political Ambassador
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    As a young teen in a game I used to play called Myth of Soma, I would stand outside town offering "free heals" to new players that were low on health, at which point I would kill them while they were vulnerable. :/

ReputationRep:
    Killed many, many civilians in GTA4, Oblivion and Fallout 3
    I made my creature eat random civilians in Black and White
    Did all the bad stuff in Tranquility Lane in Fallout 3
    Sacrificed many in Fable 2
    Other stuff but I can't think of it now..

Oh yeah I also stole Fargoth's money and ring in Morrowind. Actually I don't feel so guilty about that.

ReputationRep:
    On replaying Deus Ex HR earlier today I was reminded of some of my antics on the first playthrough.

Notably, this is what happens when someone asks me to rescue hostages: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57...B65D15664A855/

To be fair, it's probably pretty safe in there.

The Police station was pretty understaffed too. The vents weren't.

ReputationRep:
    In L.A Noire i always accused the black suspects etc of lying
    Killing prostitutes/civilians in any sandbox game (i.e GTA)

ReputationRep:
    On bfbc2 if I have a whole team of camping recons not even remotely concerned with the objective I will shoot them all with smoke launchers so they have to move to escape the smoke screen.

ReputationRep:
    I always enjoyed trolling people on Counter Strike, team flashing, door/vent/ladder blocking and if friendly fire was on I'd shoot my teammates a couple of times - not enough to kill them but enough so they only had like 10hp left (the server usually banned you for team killing). Pretty much everyone had a mic as well so infinite lulz could be achieved.

ReputationRep:
    In all of the COD games I would find a camper with a low sensitivity shoot the once then slowly walk circles around them as they spin around and try and shoot me.

ReputationRep:
    On Mafia 1, I used to pick up people in taxis, just so I could kill them in imaginative ways. Like driving to the petrol station, then shooting the pump and causing an explosion. Or driving to the water, getting into another car, and pushing the taxi in.

I'm not a psycho, honestly.

ReputationRep:
    LOL i love trolling a game.

Battlefield for the PC, I liked to c4 the the choppers and fighter jets watch people take them then detonate them in the middle of the air.

In counter strike good old fashioned TKing same as COD or trapping some on in a corner

I trapped someone in the sims and gave them a gnome making set and only bought stuff with to fill his cell with the money he made

ReputationRep:
    I'd forgotten the classic Halo team trolling. Shoot them enough for their shield to go down but never kill them. Eventually they'd get so annoyed that they team kill you and then you can vote to kick them from the game :P

ReputationRep:
    Shooting down my mate on Lego Star Wars for teh lulz
    Bouncing the s**t out of those spiky turtles and armadillos on Crash 2
    Running over the old lady on Simpsons: Hit and Run
    Calling the Moogle across the entirety of FFIX's Gaia, then telling it to go away without doing anything

You can see I struggle with the concept of avoiding gaming altruism...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.