This discussion is closed.
Philosoraptor
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Lantana)
You do like making life difficult for yourself!
Heh! Nah, I'm just interminably bad at studying and the ADHD factor isn't helping :/
ilovehotchocolate
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So I wrote my essay to the mark scheme and my tutor agrees I perfectly met all the criteria laid down in the mark scheme, but apparently she has a more detailed one in her head that I didn't meet all the criteria of, so I don't get perfect marks. I know I shouldn't grumble cos I passed, but seriously?! What is the point of a mark scheme if it doesn't show what you need to do to get excellent? Gah! I start statistics tomorrow, bleurgh....
Kinkerz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Bleurgh. Stats exam today... made a ****ing stupid mistake. Bugger. Knowledge exam tomorrow.
Lu-x
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Finished my examss! OSCE done today D:

Fingers crossed I've passed!
Lantana
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kinkerz)
Bleurgh. Stats exam today... made a ****ing stupid mistake. Bugger. Knowledge exam tomorrow.
Did you just switch degrees without knowing You aren't the only one, some of my friends were complaining about it too.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Anyone else been watching One Born Every Minute? I think we should start making bets on what type of delivery each woman is going to end up with - I got them both right yesterday!
Kinkerz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Lantana)
Did you just switch degrees without knowing You aren't the only one, some of my friends were complaining about it too.
Sometimes it feels like it...

The irksome thing is, it wasn't even that bad a paper! I just didn't read thoroughly enough and jumped in with an answer that was wrong. It was an answer that kind of needed to be right to do well on the remainder (about half) of the paper too. Bad times.
Renal
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
Anyone else been watching One Born Every Minute? I think we should start making bets on what type of delivery each woman is going to end up with - I got them both right yesterday!
You mean like "Fat whinging scrote - CSec for Failure to Progress"?
Philosoraptor
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Renal)
If your prof pic on FB is what you do btw, I'm very jealous ^_^
Renal
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Philosoraptor)
If your prof pic on FB is what you do btw, I'm very jealous ^_^
Not quite, I did get to dress up like that and hang out on that rooftop for a bit, but not anymore.
Philosoraptor
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Renal)
Not quite, I did get to dress up like that and hang out on that rooftop for a bit, but not anymore.

You can do it for free can't you? Volunteer your services?

There's an elective, but apparently nowadays it doesn't allow students out to do anything exciting , but rather just stay in A&E...not sure how true this is?
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Renal)
Pretty much. Though my experience of inductions so far is enough to put me off going through it personally - they always seem to end in crash CS, after several painful exhausting days with the continuous thud of the CTG in the background.
Elles
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Renal)
& length/detail of birth plan proportional to number of complications..!

Working... & trying to revise & move. :facepalm:
mrs_bellamy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ilovehotchocolate)
So I wrote my essay to the mark scheme and my tutor agrees I perfectly met all the criteria laid down in the mark scheme, but apparently she has a more detailed one in her head that I didn't meet all the criteria of, so I don't get perfect marks. I know I shouldn't grumble cos I passed, but seriously?! What is the point of a mark scheme if it doesn't show what you need to do to get excellent? Gah! I start statistics tomorrow, bleurgh....
I know exactly how you feel, with many SSUs marking has almost as much to do with who the facilitator is it does to the the quality of the essay. Some never fail anyone and always give someone in the group a 20, some never give above a 15. Its very frustrating, but just move on, keep doing what you're doing, and hopefully next time you'll get someone more reasonable and it will balance out a bit. Good luck for AMK!
Kanonoji
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ilovehotchocolate)
The results for the formative SSU are out already ?
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Elles)
& length/detail of birth plan proportional to number of complications..!

Working... & trying to revise & move. :facepalm:
I saw a six page one once. Laminated. :eek:
Woody.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Onychophagia)
Eurgh, I wish I had my dissection today. I had to get up for an introductory lecture at 9:00 and now don't have anything 'til 15:00. Instead, i've got my dissection tomorrow morning when i'll be ridiculously hungover - it's pretty much guaranteed i'll throw up on the cadaver. FML
How'd it go?
ilovehotchocolate
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kanonoji)
The results for the formative SSU are out already ?
Nope, the portfolio analysis. SSU's not out until 24th January.
xXxBaby-BooxXx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I have somehow managed to pass my written paper :woo:

I was convinced I had failed. OMG so happy
Elles
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Helenia)
I saw a six page one once. Laminated. :eek:
Sensible. :cool:
I might do that... so far mostly involves:

Spoiler:
Show

- Put a prophylactic cannula in. Probably no evidence base for this but as a student seeing faff at a should-have-been-a-bit-more-crash GA Section and stillbirth makes me paranoid on this one.

- Give me a good midwife.

- If I want the anaesthetist get me the damn anaesthetist.

- If baby wants someone with more invasive skills then get them.
- Likewise only your finest suturers if required, please.

Shouldn't be more than a page - have I missed anything? Ah yes, the whale/classical music... etc.

My next niece/nephew is planned as a home birth (G2 P1 - also home birth!) - I am far too paranoid.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads

Latest