Your most controversial views? Watch

ChaoticSkills
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Controversial views? hmmm, well it'd probably be FREE PALESTINE according to a lot of people on here :rolleyes:
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by joanna-eve)
<Snip>
America is nice, Newport, CA

Yes it is fair, why would I decide to give it to strangers? it is family money, so it is only fair to give it to family (as has been the process within the family ).

So you're telling me you want to get a job that has not given you're family the best lifestyle? why? I know you want to work for the government but seriously :rolleyes:

Labour is bad in general, especially the economy... hello last 13 years of failure again if they get back. I for one will leave the country to greener pastures.
dnumberwang
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
In China, everyone has a home and job because they all support each other.
I'm sorry, what, not even in the actual communist days was China ever like that

(Original post by ChaoticSkills)
Controversial views? hmmm, well it'd probably be FREE PALESTINE according to a lot of people on here :rolleyes:
You could call any sort of view on the middle east issue controversial really because there's bound to be someone who angrily disagrees
tehFrance
Report 8 years ago
<Snip>
Yes but I didn't say I'd give them loads.

Brussels :eek: I actually can't say anything bad about that as I like the EU and working within the EU government could be quite :cool:

Well I love Sarah Palin... the Christian lunnies not so much I'd also look to Switzerland (where my kids will be going to school regardless of where I am ) or Austria

Sharing the wealth sounds dreadful IMO, I suppose you'll find that out if you get enough money to share... you'll want to keep it all
lukejoshjedi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I can believe it's not butter
j.alexanderh
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My grandparents just went to China and that's what their guide told them. They said that the streets, toilets etc were really clean and there was prompt service everywhere because their government doesn't let anyone just slack off and claim benefits, they make them useful to their society. It's a good idea really. They also have massive tower blocks in the cities where everyone lives, you can't have them living on the streets and making the place look untidy. Then again China also has the death penalty so maybe that's the punishment for being lazy :rolleyes: (joking).
But what about the intolerance of free speech and government censored news?
tehFrance
Report 8 years ago
But I presume they will be going to a Swiss private school?
Oui mademoiselle suisse des écoles privées (Le Rosey is where I'd send them ).
That does give them a better chance in life just because of who their parents were, which isn't exactly fair as you can't choose your parents!
I suppose but parent's have the choice to work hard for wealth....
Palin is funny, but scary when you realise she actually believes what she says. Can't escape the loonies either, 85% of the population identifies as Christian and I'd definitely recommend avoiding all southern states except CA...the coasts seem to be safer :rolleyes:
LA is wonderful for Jews and yes I know she believes a lot but still... she's a real hottie
Hmm I'll have to wait and see how I feel if/when I am ever wealthy...but whenever I buy something in a shop that wasn't 100% necessary to my survival (like a pair of earrings something) then I feel bad that there are kids in Africa who don't have food and I just wasted £1.50 on earrings! I guess we just have different personalities
You feel guilty on £1.50 :eek:
dnumberwang
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My grandparents just went to China and that's what their guide told them. They said that the streets, toilets etc were really clean and there was prompt service everywhere because their government doesn't let anyone just slack off and claim benefits, they make them useful to their society. It's a good idea really. They also have massive tower blocks in the cities where everyone lives, you can't have them living on the streets and making the place look untidy. Then again China also has the death penalty so maybe that's the punishment for being lazy :rolleyes: (joking).
There are definitely dirtier parts of china. The toilets are pretty much never clean! Unless you're at an airport or 5 star hotel.Not everyone has a job in China, there aren't enough jobs, and I don't think everyone has a home - at least, I'm pretty sure it's not provided by the government. You could consider China to be more capitalist than most European countries in more than a few ways.

(Original post by j.alexanderh)
But what about the intolerance of free speech and government censored news?
That's not as bad is it's made out to be by the media (it is still a problem though, if you make a nuisance of yourself in front of a government building, or maybe writing a popular blog, but it's not like they have telescreens!), and there's very little news that won't reach the average chinese person. What is a problem is their decision to block loads of major websites :eek:
OhLollyLolly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Immigrants shouldn't be given benefits. If they've never worked in a certain country what gives them the right to it's money?

Or fat people. It's their own fault they're fat and can't work.
DJkG.1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by missygeorgia)
What are your most controversial views on anything to do with society?
I like your sig.
tehFrance
Report 8 years ago
Please tell me how you are going to get this money, I'm young enough to change my plans
Well on top of Family money, a job (plus family business share...).

Yes I am one of those tossers
Etoile
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
Well on top of Family money, a job (plus family business share...).

Yes I am one of those tossers
Haha fair enough, I see on your profile you are doing BTEC business will that get you far? cause I heard on here that BTECs are usually looked down on etc, especially when you could do A level economics or something. I would've thought you would be more into the international baccalaureat!
tehFrance
Report 8 years ago
I would've thought you would be more into the international baccalaureat!
I wanted to do that but my English (plus other non-essential GCSEs, Maths and Science was ) held me back, really as long as I get my Master's at a decent Uni then there is a high chance if I don't then meh
MDMD
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Kill all chavs with fire and magnets
Change age of consent to 14

Not so much controversial just common sense rly
tripleeagle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by macayla)
when I think about all those babies.. their lives cut off, never having a chance.
But the millions of sperms ejaculated every time somebody has a w*nk have their lives cut off, in the same way...
coffee&cigarettes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i think radiohead are ****.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed