Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by o Rebecca o)
    I'm constantly doing multiplications and divisions in my head. I'm not even studying maths at the moment.

Also, I always lock the bathroom door even though no one else is in.
    I'm always doing the first one. Are they always ridiculously simple calculations that just keep repeating in your head for no reason? :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    A few of my little weird(ish) things are:

-If I'm in bed and I remember the plug is switched on for something I was supposed to turn off, I have to get up and turn it off before my mind will rest and I can actually sleep.
    -I also often find that if someone asks me a question, I tihnk I've not heard it so ask them to repeat it, realise what they've said and then answer the question before they re-asked it. It frequently leaves the other person looking relatively confused
    -I sit and rotate much to the annoyance of my family. I don't even notice, I just start doing it and then have my family tell me off for making them feel sea-sick

Oh and an extra mathsy one: my brain seems convinced that 4/2=1/2 even though I know that's wrong, although it didn't stop me writting it in a maths exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethany18)
    This is me! I actually do this all the time & thought I was the only one hahaha it's so weird & if people found out I thought i'd be carted off to a mental hospital or something. Just out of interest do you watch make-up tutorials on youtube? Ever since I started watching them, I find myself teaching imaginary people how I do my make up hahaha
    Yay! I used to watch make-up tutorials all the time, and I still watch hair tutorials frequently too (I also talk through what I'm doing when I'm curling/straightening/styling my hair too!) which may have started all this off haha. I can't imagine applying make-up etc without doing it!

ReputationRep:
    Also something I used to do a lot but not so much anymore was, while reading a book, I'd read a line and then scan it to see if the line went without any letters that went beneath the line such as "g" or "y" or "j". In the end it meant I completely lost track of what I was reading and got incredibly annoying. I do it every now and then but thankfully it's not as much of a bother anymore haha

ReputationRep:
    If I read something or hear a word that I do not understand, and not have a rough idea, if I can't give a near close dictionary definition of it, I have to google it and find it out.

It's really crazy...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ROYP)
    It's ridiculous how many times you've just posted in a row
    Sorry

ReputationRep:
    If I'm getting a photo I always tilt my head to the right as I feel like the left half of my face looks better than the right. I have had to tilt my head to the other side in some group photos because of where I was standing & I hate it for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by britchick)
    Yay! I used to watch make-up tutorials all the time, and I still watch hair tutorials frequently too (I also talk through what I'm doing when I'm curling/straightening/styling my hair too!) which may have started all this off haha. I can't imagine applying make-up etc without doing it!
    It must be, it just seems quiet and boring when I'm not talking through what I'm doing haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bethany18)
    I do this! I don't know why but it's so comfortable & it feels natural to sleep like that even though I've never done yoga in my life :rolleyes:
    It's not just me! I've done it on the wii. :lol: Oh no, and my mum dragged me to a class once. It was quite good actually. But I've been doing it for ages. It's so comfortable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAmTheKing)
    I think that's quite normal nowadays. Although me and my mate got in the bosses bad books for discussing our plan extensively at work. He'll be one of the first to go when it happens.
    Lmaoo xD

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Compare my pets to celebrities...

One of my cats looks astonishingly like Lana Del Ray because of the sulking. So despite the fact he is male, I call him Lana :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
    It's not just me! I've done it on the wii. :lol: Oh no, and my mum dragged me to a class once. It was quite good actually. But I've been doing it for ages. It's so comfortable.
    Haha yeah I've actually done it on the wii but same I'd never thought of it as being weird before but now you mention it, it is quite odd

ReputationRep:
    Touch/play with my earlobes... but only when they're cold. I hate it when they're hot. Bit odd.

ReputationRep:
    I count steps as I go up stairs then irritate myself by carrying on counting after the stairs have finished
    I say ouch if I almost get hurt, like even if I haven't been hurt hahahah

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this has been said already but..

I always imagine some random scenarios and wonder what I would do in them..

I'll just be walking to the shop and I'll think "what would I do if that building blew up right now" :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moregano)
    I play songs in my head which are an appropriate soundtrack for whatever I'm doing

Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba, ba....ba....

ReputationRep:
    I also imagine in my head that I am a different person like foreign or an athlete and I act as though I was that person.
    I think that's the weirdest thing I do hahaha

ReputationRep:
    When I'm eating ice cream I blow on it like it was soup.

ReputationRep:
    If I need to go upstairs in the dark, I sprint as fast as I can, because I'm scared there might be something behind me....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinnes)
    When I'm eating ice cream I blow on it like it was soup.
    I do! It's just not the right temperature for eating

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.