Turn on thread page Beta

"British culture": destroyed by immigrants? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    "Jafaican" I think they call it. Ansolutely pathetic.
    http://www.gizoogle.com/

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amon.)
    http://www.gizoogle.com/

:rolleyes:
    ROFL check this out:
    http://sites.gizoogle.com/index2.php...w.bbc.co.uk%2F

ReputationRep:
    What is it with the whole world filling up with wannabe gangstas? If you really think about it, chavs, bogans, tarporis, or whatever are all just wannabes who try to emulate a culture of criminality and anti-social behavior.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    Yep. And my entire life consists of going on about 'eighths of weed', '**** dat ****' and how I was 'caned' last night:rolleyes:
    FYI - not just "eighth" not "of weed". Far more gangstar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    I believe that it is Gangsta Yo!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SolInvincitus)
    I believe that it is Gangsta Yo!!
    No no .. Gang-STAR - sounds much cooler.

Also with the added benefit of being a rapper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    hehe true, it was poetic licence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    No no .. Gang-STAR - sounds much cooler.

Also with the added benefit of being a rapper.
    That rotive consonant at the end will have to go. We all know it is Gang-stah!!:cool:

ReputationRep:
    The difference with modern immigrants i think is that they do not mold with society. They build ghettos have seperate schools, change rules and make a fuss. And we allow them to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will Grimes1)
    The difference with modern immigrants i think is that they do not mold with society. They build ghettos have seperate schools, change rules and make a fuss. And we allow them to do it.

*cottonmouth extracts one of his braincells and gives it to Will Grimes*....

They come to Britain. They obtain bricks. They find a spot. They build houses together, all near each other. They invade the governemt and change the laws to suit them. We look on, in aghast. Hmm, doesn't sound quite right....

I'm glad you made that post though, because it puts the cap on the end of the whole thread, which couldnt go any further, and so descended into people mocking the dialect of a large majority of black people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cottonmouth)
    so descended into people mocking the dialect of a large majority of black people.
    :rolleyes: Oh pu-lease.

I suppose you find Ali-G offensive?

ReputationRep:
    *cottonmouth extracts one of his braincells and gives it to Will Grimes*
    That's what I like to see - real equality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    That's what I like to see - real equality.
    Mark Steel, don't give up the day job. Jonny Vegas- be worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    :rolleyes: Oh pu-lease.

I suppose you find Ali-G offensive?
    Not offensive, just unfunny. I know he mocks those who try to talk patois, and that the only funny thing about it is that Asian wannabe gangsters and wiggas seem to love hi. Maybe they really are just quite self-depracating. Naah, they're just stupid.

I don't object to you all having a good old giggle about people who clearly arent Jamaican trying to talk like Jamaicans. But "dissing" the actual language/dialect rather than the people doing it is a bit wrong in my opinion.

ReputationRep:

I don't object to you all having a good old giggle about people who clearly arent Jamaican trying to talk like Jamaicans.
    Got to admit thats funny CM

ReputationRep:
    Jonny Vegas- be worried.
    Incidentally, I cannot stand him

ReputationRep:
    Got to admit thats funny CM
    I almost feel embarrassed for them!

You know what its like when someone you know has to make a speech or appear in a play or something and they really really stink at it? You sort of cringe, sink deeper and deeper in your chair, and want to die on their behalf (well I do anyway) Well, that's how I feel everytime I hear white lads talking like black lads.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    I almost feel embarrassed for them!

You know what its like when someone you know has to make a speech or appear in a play or something and they really really stink at it? You sort of cringe, sink deeper and deeper in your chair, and want to die on their behalf (well I do anyway) Well, that's how I feel everytime I hear white lads talking like black lads.
    I never really get that embarrassed for others thing....:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I never really get that embarrassed for others thing....:confused:
    Oh, God I do.

When I was back in England last week (I come from some small village with its own Godawful theatrical society) I went (under protest and half cut I must add) to see their version of the "Toad of Toad Hall" (who says I don't lead a full and interesting life?) starring an old friend of mine as "Toad" To say I felt for the guy is an understatement. I cringed my way through the first half before making my excuses and retiring to the pub. Terrible business.

ReputationRep:
    Jeez, well I guess I see what you mean. I only hope I have enough sense to at least know when I'm about to make an arse of myself

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 25, 2006
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.