Design tech (unit 6) - research paper watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    wats the best type of bearings to use ?

ReputationRep:
    how do you make the plastic raincover?

ReputationRep:
    arggghhH! 2hours ot go. mines at 1:30pm
    soo not ready. what is everyone deisgning ther wheels out of??
    annd... GOOD LUCK!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone thanks for ur help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hwoo)
    i just came bak from the exam!! the exam is crazy!!!!!! i couldn't really finish it
    !! i rush almost the whole paper (from development) !! i am pretty screwed now!!! what do you think?
    What was it on, a trolley or a pushchair!??!?!!? what can i do quickly in 5 mins to prepare?!?! :P

ReputationRep:
    OUCH! Jesus Christ. I'm sure 3 hour exams conflict with the Geneva convention under "torture".

That was one crazy mother. I'm gonna need to rest my arm for a bit. Hope you all did alright

ReputationRep:
    So did any1 else see a 2 person buggy coming or what.
    God tht was awful, i didn't even finish. Iam BUGGERED

ReputationRep:
    That paper was good (if you prepared, you would have found that it wasn't supprising at all!)
    Except the final design and the production plan... they were hard.
    Other than that everything in this thread really helped.

Thanks Guys and Gals. ^_^

ReputationRep:
    hahah nicely failed that. i cant write/draw quick enough.

ReputationRep:
    well thats a fail for me too.
    couldnt hack the time limit
    aaah im buggerd!
    but hopefulyl the greade boundaries will be low.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zweig)
    (Original post by hwoo)
    i just came bak from the exam!! the exam is crazy!!!!!! i couldn't really finish it
    !! i rush almost the whole paper (from development) !! i am pretty screwed now!!! what do you think?
    What was it on, a trolley or a pushchair!??!?!!? what can i do quickly in 5 mins to prepare?!?! :P
    ?? he's vanished..........

oh, the exam was a ***** for me too

ReputationRep:
    Ignore my last post...

3HOURS ISN'T LONG ENOUGH... GOD DAMN IT!!!

I did in three hours what it took me 5 months to do normally.

ReputationRep:
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHH
    Sums tht exam up 4 me
    Thank you to all for the help, tho with my drawing skills and time management i doubt it helped at all
    Oh well i can always work at the holiday inn for the rest of my life

ReputationRep:
    I think I did well on it, to an extent.
    I mentioned to my mate an hour or so before the exam that they may just alter it so it's for two people. He nearly kissed me when we left. Provided your designs were much cop, it was easy enough to alter.
    3 hours is not enough time. I think I'd have been set if I had 15 minutes extra to go back and polish my initial ideas annotations. Fingers crossed for exams day now everyone.

ReputationRep:
    woah it was hard. too complicated thing in short time, i spent 4 months designing a chair, today spent 3 hours desning a more complicated thing.

very hard

ReputationRep:
    i didn't even managed to color my drawings except the final design!!! all my drawing, flow chart is really messy..i think this is the worst exam i've ever done!!! i rather do a proper exam then this one!!!

ReputationRep:
    btw what do you think the boundary gonna be?

ReputationRep:
    boundaries usually quite low on this paper i think. didnt sum1 say 57 was an A

ReputationRep:
    Hey, if everyone's done badly the boundaries will be nice and low and we'll all get As WOO!

ReputationRep:
    i hope so...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.