Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sangoire)
    I'm waiting for my official confirmation letter stating fees and everything so I can apply for my visa. I've got the letter from UCAS but I need one from Warwick. Term starts 2nd October but there's orientation, so I'll probably be there from 26 September. Oh and I can't cook either though I maintain that it's because I'm too lazy to. But that'll all change when I'm at Warwick - all halls are self-catered. :eek:
    You don't need any letter from Warwick actually. A confirmation from UCAS that you have been firmly accepted (and the seat is confirmed) by the university is sufficient for the British High Commission to process your Visa application - it is a valid legal document by itself that contains all the essential details.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myriadguy)
    when are u guys going over? have u got the confirmation letters?
    I've got my confirmation letter already but will only be going in Sep 2007 (still serving NS until Jan 07) so there's no need for me to do anything now, except wait of course. I won't e going for the pre-departure briefing by the British Council as well since it wouldn't be very relevant for me just yet.

Also, which uni will you be heading to and to read what course?

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for my visa next week too. Nutter I think we do need the confirmation letter from the uni in question...at least that's what the Brit High Comission lady told me.

School (and thus work) starts next week. Urgh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by life_rockz)
    I'm applying for my visa next week too. Nutter I think we do need the confirmation letter from the uni in question...at least that's what the Brit High Comission lady told me.

School (and thus work) starts next week. Urgh.
    Val you're still teaching in Term 3? Whoa!

Hmm about the visa, that's not what my College told me (it's also stated on the UCAS letter that the document is sufficient legal proof), but I suppose it'd never hurt to have confirmation from both parties as well. It shouldn't be hard at all to get confirmation from the university anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah teaching all the way till the Sept hols. Beats bumming around :p:

ReputationRep:
    erm... know any schools still needing relief teachers? i've looked everywhere around my hse but no school wants me i stay in batok btw...

u mean u guys can get ur confirmation letter soon? imperial onli gives theirs in august.

ReputationRep:
    erm... know any schools still needing relief teachers? i've looked everywhere around my hse but no school wants me i stay in batok btw...

u mean u guys can get ur confirmation letter soon? imperial onli gives theirs in august.
    LSE gives them out around July I think.

Anyway I thought loads of schools are looking for relief teachers? Every other teacher I've spoken to has said that they could do with more help. Maybe you aren't being called up because no school near you has a vacancy. Have you registered with MOE?

ReputationRep:
    ya, i've registered, taught ad hoc at some schs already... ok.. maybe they just dont like me. haha

damn happy, just got my license today.

ReputationRep:
    ya, i've registered, taught ad hoc at some schs already... ok.. maybe they just dont like me. haha

Congrats! First try?

ReputationRep:

One month to goooo :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm coming to singapore tmr for step... Sigh, so reminiscent of returning to sg for june tests or a level results...

Ok guys, since this will the last time ill be in sg for a few years, any recommendations on places to eat which i shouldn't miss out on??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feanor_telamon)
    I'm coming to singapore tmr for step... Sigh, so reminiscent of returning to sg for june tests or a level results...

Ok guys, since this will the last time ill be in sg for a few years, any recommendations on places to eat which i shouldn't miss out on??
    You should definitely go to Chomp Chomp @ Serangoon if you haven't been there already.

And I just tried this yesterday: http://www.aromacookery.com/aromacoo...ang_saraw.html. Highly recommended!

ReputationRep:
    Aromacookery... gotta sample that! New Bridge road, that's near chinatown mrt?

@ Knogle, r u in NS currently? Then how come you get so much of internet time? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fa|ique)
    sangoire, are you planning to practise law in Singapore? I didn't know that the Law & Business degree in Warwick was recognised for admission to the Singapore Bar...
    I haven't exactly set my sights on practising law in Singapore, but I know that it'll at least be another option for me. Actually you do bring up a good point - I know that a Law degree from Warwick is recognised, but I'll have to ask about the Law and Business degree. Thanks for bringing that up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feanor_telamon)
    Aromacookery... gotta sample that! New Bridge road, that's near chinatown mrt?

@ Knogle, r u in NS currently? Then how come you get so much of internet time? :confused:
    Let's put it this way... my work revolves around the internet. Can't get better than that, can it?

Well seriously, it CAN! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I haven't exactly set my sights on practising law in Singapore, but I know that it'll at least be another option for me. Actually you do bring up a good point - I know that a Law degree from Warwick is recognised, but I'll have to ask about the Law and Business degree. Thanks for bringing that up.
    No problem... I have my sights on practising in London, New York, Dubai or Kuala Lumpur actually. But I made sure that I picked a degree that was recognised for admission to the Singapore Bar just in case...

ReputationRep:
    No problem... I have my sights on practising in London, New York, Dubai or Kuala Lumpur actually. But I made sure that I picked a degree that was recognised for admission to the Singapore Bar just in case...
    Ahhh. Where will you be studying this September?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh. Where will you be studying this September?
    Law @ Nottingham.

Yes, appoint me as your spokesman!

ReputationRep:
    Yep, the LL.B (Hons) course at The University of Nottingham. God, I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!!

Knogle, what are your rates? I have been shopping around for a new spokesman...

(Just realised you could have seen it in my sig though...)

ReputationRep:
    Yep, the LL.B (Hons) course at The University of Nottingham. God, I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!!

Knogle, what are your rates? I have been shopping around for a new spokesman...

(Just realised you could have seen it in my sig though...)
    Pretty low. I charge a base rate of $50,000/day with an additional charge of $2000 per statement released to the media. And $5000 if the statement involves me lying on your behalf.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.