Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Would anyone else not want their gf to give them a bj? watch

(Original post by Profesh)
    You misconstrue: I certainly am not one to let such trifling extraneous factors impinge upon any (as yet hypothetical) decision regarding carnal reality, nor would I differentiate on a fallacious would-be 'moral' premise between 'oral', 'anal' and 'straight' sex; which is, ultimately, the precise point that my discourse has been thus far intended to convey: that such distinctions are, once we abstract and deduce the essential aspects of 'pro-creation', completely superficial.

No; rest assured that I am quite the most libertarian, free-thinking and generally amenable individual you could ever hope to meet.
    he meant hi profesh, and the rest was towards the op...but thanks for letting us know anyway

night all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pretty Boy)
    Getting down on your knees and sucking someone off is degrading.

However, it can be made not degrading by two people being equal, trusting etc about it.

However, this is then ruined if the details are passed on. It becomes degrading again.
    After saying the following:

I'm not saying that everyone will or won't find it degrading but it is my assertion that there are a great number that would find it degrading.
    Which was in response to this:

(Original post by Fleff)
    Whoopsy.

How many millions of people in the world will not find oral sex degrading?
    How many will?

Once we've got a poll, got the majority, there's your answer as to whether or not it's degrading.
    So this thread's pointless, as the world and his friend don't use TSR.

All I can say is that I believe a sizeable chunk of society does believe it to be degrading.

I guess that I can't really support this other than to say that most girls wouldn't want everyone knowing about their oral sex techniques etc and that most guys I know think less of a girl for giving oral sex and swallowing.
    "It" being "oral sex".

Just oral sex we've been talking about the whole time, right? There's not been any assumption on my part that there's no hidden meaning in the words, "oral sex" which means it is or isn't in a stable loving relationship? Which means it always involves swallowing? Always involves people finding out the details?

Forgive me for thinking that the OP meant, when he said his girlfriend, that they were in a relationship and that there was a degree of trust in there...

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I think its kind of related to submission actually ~ i would just never want to humiliate my girl friend like that and put her on the spot.

I guess people just don't think it being undignifying, or maybe i just think of her elegantly more then others do to theirs.
    No most guys do find it degrading/disgusting the first time they think about it. It's only normal: in our societies, as children, we're told that the penis is a dirty thing, we're told off as childs by our parents if we touch it or get it out in public. It's also the member we urinate from. The first time a guy ejaculates, he doesn't find the substance particularly appealing...

So when a guy realises that certain girls are willing to put that in their mouth, they get excited.

The thing is, the woman doesn't see things the same way: to her, none of her sexual organs are being involved so many girls are easily convinced that as an act, it's no big deal...when for every teenage guy it's the biggest deal ever!

A lot of the psychological excitement emanates from someone taking something you've always considered as somewhat "nasty" into their mouth. It's an act of acceptance. If they're willing to "lower"/"degrade" (sorry for the connotation there) themselves so much, you must be really worthy.

A lot goes on in a guy's mind when it comes to excitement. People who just think that sex and sexual acts are just "fun" are missing the bigger picture. It's always important to understand what the other person is experiencing, how they're perceiving YOU. It's a mistake made by many girls who think more about whether they feel "slutty" or not and never realising what the guy in front of them is thinking...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monoxide)
    Yes, but the mouth isn't required to stimulate the penis, in order for the penis to carry out it's job. The penis is, nevertheless, required in order for sperm to leave the testes and then fertilise an egg. I also don't see the point of what you are trying to prove, Profesh.

Mangaroo: the mouth's part is NOT significant in reproduction. It is completely irrelevant, in fact.
    See above.

And no, if you think about it, it really isn't; rather, the penis merely embodies a further extrapolation of evolutionary convenience. Ever heard tell of that cunning piece of devilry more commonly known as a 'hypodermic syringe'? Gruesome, yes; but feasible.

ReputationRep:
    No most guys do find it degrading/disgusting the first time they think about it. It's only normal: in our societies, as children, we're told that the penis is a dirty thing, we're told off as childs by our parents if we touch it or get it out in public. It's also the member we urinate from. The first time a guy ejaculates, he doesn't find the substance particularly appealing...
    Quite. All things considered, it's a wonder that I no longer believe in Father Christmas.

ReputationRep:

So when a guy realises that certain girls are willing to put that in their mouth, they get excited.

The thing is, the woman doesn't see things the same way: to her, none of her sexual organs are being involved so many girls are easily convinced that as an act, it's no big deal...when for every teenage guy it's the biggest deal ever!

A lot of the psychological excitement emanates from someone taking something you've always considered as somewhat "nasty" into their mouth. It's an act of acceptance. If they're willing to "lower"/"degrade" (sorry for the connotation there) themselves so much, you must be really worthy.

A lot goes on in a guy's mind when it comes to excitement. People who just think that sex and sexual acts are just "fun" are missing the bigger picture. It's always important to understand what the other person is experiencing, how they're perceiving YOU. It's a mistake made by many girls who think more about whether they feel "slutty" or not and never realising what the guy in front of them is thinking...
    Best post in this thread yet. Truth from start to finish. Repped.

Edit: well, i would've repped you but ur anon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    After saying the following:

Which was in response to this
    "It" being "oral sex".

Just oral sex we've been talking about the whole time, right? There's not been any assumption on my part that there's no hidden meaning in the words, "oral sex" which means it is or isn't in a stable loving relationship? Which means it always involves swallowing? Always involves people finding out the details?

Forgive me for thinking that the OP meant, when he said his girlfriend, that they were in a relationship and that there was a degree of trust in there...
    Trust doesn't always last after the relationship. And this is what participants have to think about. Because they can be degraded.

ReputationRep:
    Who cares if its degrading or not?

It feels good, end of story fellas.

ReputationRep:
    Trust doesn't always last after the relationship. And this is what participants have to think about. Because they can be degraded.
    So we all have to see into the future, or just abstain until we're married.

Or perhaps, we should just stop with the whole, "it's dirty, don't touch it" attitude and accept that it's not actually that bad - unless you generally just don't like it, in which case you don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x.narb.x)
    Who cares if its degrading or not?

It feels good, end of story fellas.
    you're just a selfish, shallow menace

Best post in this thread yet. Truth from start to finish. Repped.

Edit: well, i would've repped you but ur anon.
    Thanks..

The fact is we rarely think about such things (to be honest, I think it's best not to overanalyse love and sex...). A lot of sex is about degradation. A lot of male excitement is about submission. There are hundreds of books you can read on the issue.

Male excitement and Female excitement are two totally different things. Excitement is only partially physical, the rest is psychological and it's no big revelation that the female mind and the male mind show clear differences. It's also the reason why people claiming that "double standards" are unfair are missing the whole point.

When a guy sleeps with a girl or gets a different form of sexual satisfaction, thousands of ideas are going through his mind. A girl should never just think "I've slept with a guy. It was just fun. We were two consenting adults". It might seem like something cool to say, something very politically correct. The fact is, sex changes the way people see you, unconciously or conciously. A girl who understands what a guy thinks in such situations as oral sex is a girl with a lot of power... A girl who just ignores this, is doing herself no favour.

Back to the act itself. It is degrading/submissive, of course it is. But that's what makes sex exciting. It's also the main reason why sex and sexual acts should not be distributed randomly if you don't understand this sort of thing.

ReputationRep:
    Like I said earlier, it is degrading in the sense that it is a basic roleplaying 'game', where there's a difference in power and control, sorta. But without going into it too much, that is the fun bit about it.

I'm questioning the idea that it degrades a woman in a very negative way. I wouldn't consent if I wasn't happy about it. I don't need the men in this thread sat on their high horse to decide that for me. I certainly don't view it as a sort of lesser form of sex or think that I'd be holding onto my innocence by witholding full sex from the equation. It's just something other than penetrative sex that for me takes place in close and established relationships...

(Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    If i want to give my bf a blow job-i will. Neither of us find it degrading. If we did it wouldn't happen as most people in realationships tend to respect the others opinions/beliefs

If you're telling me i'm wrong, that's your opinion, i just disagree with it
    It is a degrading act. Accept it. That's why guys find it exciting. Of course no guy you'll ever be with, will ever tell you that. That would be like shooting himself in the foot. :rolleyes:

The thing is, within a serious, loving relationship, does degradation even matter? It's when it's casual sex, or with a less serious boyfriend that you should be aware of such things. If a guy gets this off a girl too easily he will find it degrading. It's the way things work.

Think about it with something that is more obviously degrading like anal sex, hell let's find something more extreme, "rimming". A girl does it with a guy she's been with for almost a year? Her boyfriend is not going to think that she's a dirty slut. Maybe to get himself excited but not in a moral sense. A girl does the same thing with some guy she just picked up... it's pretty obvious that the guy will see her as somewhat easy and find the whole thing a bit degrading (not that he cares, he's getting rid of her in the morning).

ReputationRep:
    I do think that's probably a better way of putting it.

Is degredation necessarily a bad thing?

I was contesting the idea that seemed to be implied by others that us girls are all degrading ourselves and we don't even realise it, bless. And that somehow this was a horrible nasty thing that girls should be ashamed of themselves for doing, because they'll only laugh about it down the pub anyway.

That really isn't the case.

ReputationRep:
    I don't find it degrading at all, infact I think its quite empowering, so I guess its subjective, don't try and force your opinions on others.

(Original post by dogtanian)
    I do think that's probably a better way of putting it.

Is degredation necessarily a bad thing?
    Nope it isn't a bad thing, as long as you're aware of it.
    It seems like a revelation to some girls on this thread that the act is sometimes seen as degrading. That's a bit worrying if they've been with several guys, some of whom might not have been long-term partners. This is also why I disapprove of younger people being sexually active in a promiscuous way. At 15 or 16, there too many things you don't understand about what goes on in the mind of the opposite sex, to make decisions. A young girl can easily be convinced that it's just a bit of fun... without ever realising that every guy she's "had fun" with, was seeing her as a slut. Anyway I digress.
    What really defines the level of "degradation" is the situation in which it's done.

I can't speak for all guys but having joked about this kind of stuff for years and years since high school, I've got a strong impression that most guys do find it degrading in the sense that it's very intimate, not in the sense that any girl doing that is a whore.

I don't need the men in this thread sat on their high horse to decide that for me.
    You shouldn't worry about their opinions. Indeed. But I think it's a bit risky to not care about what the guys you do such things to, think. After all, every girl should look for respect and self-respect is not always enough.

ReputationRep:
    It is empowering, which might I suppose be construed as 'degradation by proxy'. However, the moral aspect is purely speculative.

ReputationRep:
    I was contesting the idea that seemed to be implied by others that us girls are all degrading ourselves and we don't even realise it, bless.
    This is the case if she doesn't see it as a degrading act like the previous anon poster said, imo.

The only way the whole degradation thing doesn't matter is if the trust is strong and the male doesn't go around telling everyone either during or aftr the relationship.

This is why, imo, girls have to exercise their judgment carefully and not perform oral casually.

Edit: I'm not saying oral sex is immoral, I'm just saying there's a lot of naivety involved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    You misconstrue: I certainly am not one to let such trifling extraneous factors impinge upon any (as yet hypothetical) decision regarding carnal reality, nor would I differentiate on a fallacious would-be 'moral' premise between 'oral', 'anal' and 'straight' sex; which is, ultimately, the precise point that my discourse has been thus far intended to convey: that such distinctions are, once we abstract and deduce the essential aspects of 'pro-creation', completely superficial.

No; rest assured that I am quite the most libertarian, free-thinking and generally amenable individual you could ever hope to meet.
    Oh sorry Profesh, I was just saying hi to you and the rest was for the OP but yeah totally agree with you.

XxX

ReputationRep:
    I remember going to a all night 'Goth full moon ' rave last summer and heck the amount of gals asking to suck us guys dicks. Wow not sure if the gal's was on a trip or something. But does this really mean girls love doing 'Blow Jobs'

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 5, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.