The Student Room Group

Arsey's S1 Edexcel Answers 18th Jan 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arsey
The provisional mark scheme was changed so that on the final part of the normal distribution question, no marks are awarded without the conditional probability so P(z>133) correct was changed from 2 marks to zero marks. Also, very picky about the interpolation reason.

Hi arsey, does the above mean that if even If I had failed to do the normal distribution question using conditional probability ('given') so arrived at simply at P(z>133) correct I will lose all the marks ie. Lose all 4 marks?
Also is there anyway you can post the real mark scheme- and do you have any idea about the gradeboundaries? Whether they'll be high or low? Thanks..
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 301
Original post by gooner4ever
Hi arsey, does the above mean that if even If I had failed to do the normal distribution question using conditional probability ('given') so arrived at simply at P(z>133) correct I will lose all the marks ie. Lose all 4 marks?
Also is there anyway you can post the real mark scheme- and do you have any idea about the gradeboundaries? Whether they'll be high or low? Thanks..
Posted from TSR Mobile

you will get 0/4 - very harsh.

official MS should be out in a week or so.

GB will not be known until the day before the results are released.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are quite low. The average mark for this part of the normal distribution question will be quite close to zero.

The other one that was appallingly answered was where you had to find the normal distribution and compare it to the mean. I think that was 4 too.
Original post by Arsey
you will get 0/4 - very harsh.

official MS should be out in a week or so.

GB will not be known until the day before the results are released.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are quite low. The average mark for this part of the normal distribution question will be quite close to zero.

The other one that was appallingly answered was where you had to find the normal distribution and compare it to the mean. I think that was 4 too.

Thanks for the advice! Please let me know if any other news re this exam turns up :getmecoat:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's extremely harsh for the last part of that normal distribution question! how come they changed there minds?
If you are getting marks for working and the P(z>133) is half of the question then that surely should be at least a mark! Very angry as I first counted 62 but now its 60, so probably will not get an A now.!!
Well there goes my A.
Original post by gaffer dean
Edexcel S1 Mark scheme, see attached.

Have you got S2 as well?
Yeah, see attached for Edexcel S2 Mark Scheme.

Thanks a lot mate! Last question, do you have any OCR mark schemes, in particular, OCR F324
Yeah, see attached for Edexcel S2 Mark Scheme.

and FP1? Thanks a lot again
Original post by chignesh10
Thanks a lot mate! Last question, do you have any OCR mark schemes, in particular, OCR F324

No problem,
Sorry, i don't.
Original post by chignesh10
and FP1? Thanks a lot again

here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=41569913&postcount=38
cuando recibimos los grade boundaries
Original post by JASONDILL
cuando recibimos los grade boundaries

Do you mean when the grade boundaries will be released?
they will be released 6th march, keep an eye out for em.
IS a clean copy of the paper attached anywhere?
Do you mean when the grade boundaries will be released?
they will be released 6th march, keep an eye out for em.

Do you have a clean copy of the S1 paper to upload?
Reply 314
Grade boundaries are out now. See my other thread.

61 for an A is really high given the harsh mark scheme
I'm not sure how good my marking is but I counted 62 but probably will not get an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an A with 81 UMS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 317
76.. im sure i got a strong A from looking at the unofficial mark scheme
I got an A with 81 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pilotluke1
I got an A with 81 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

got exactly the same :biggrin:

Quick Reply