Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoctorSomebody)
    Interesting theory. I hope you're right too.

I'm worried that Liverpool have a greater preference for first-time applicants than re-applicants as it seems to me that all the interviews that have been handed out so far have only been awarded to those still in sixth-form.

Despite this, I suppose it's still early days. We still can hope.
    Yeh your right but only thing to do is to remain positive. And wait

Whee else have you applied ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have any re-applicants received an interview yet?
    (Original post by aye7777)
    I'm a resit applicant and no I haven't had an interview yet
    Neither have I I'm really hoping your theory is correct!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Interesting theory. I hope you're right too.

I'm worried that Liverpool have a greater preference for first-time applicants than re-applicants as it seems to me that all the interviews that have been handed out so far have only been awarded to those still in sixth-form.

Despite this, I suppose it's still early days. We still can hope.
    The order that the interviews are given out is random! Every year people come up with theories but it literally is random!

And you're right about early days, I didn't get my invite to interview until late Feb so don't start stressing yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mutlibd1)
    Yeh your right but only thing to do is to remain positive. And wait

Whee else have you applied ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

UEA, Plymouth & Exeter.

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parle à ma main)
    The order that the interviews are given out is random! Every year people come up with theories but it literally is random!

And you're right about early days, I didn't get my invite to interview until late Feb so don't start stressing yet!
    When I applied to UCL and Birmingham last year, they handed out interviews to students whose applications they liked best first until they reached the limit of number of offers they can give out. Although, you're most likely right in this case.

Are you a student at Liverpool or reapplying?

ReputationRep:
    When I applied to UCL and Birmingham last year, they handed out interviews to students whose applications they liked best first until they reached the limit of number of offers they can give out. Although, you're most likely right in this case.

Are you a student at Liverpool or reapplying?
    There might be a logical order with Lpool interviews but no one has been able to figure it out! They can't process ALL the applications in the space of 2 weeks anyway!

I'm a first year here! It's a brilliant course and city, and my fingers are crossed for you all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parle à ma main)
    There might be a logical order with Lpool interviews but no one has been able to figure it out! They can't process ALL the applications in the space of 2 weeks anyway!

I'm a first year here! It's a brilliant course and city, and my fingers are crossed for you all!
    Agreed.

That's awesome! I'm a little less anxious now, after hearing that you had a late interview but still made it. Congrats! And it's definitely positive to hear that you are finding the course to be great.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed.

That's awesome! I'm a little less anxious now, after hearing that you had a late interview but still made it. Congrats! And it's definitely positive to hear that you are finding the course to be great.
    I am and thankfully the things that make Liverpool for me won't be changing for you. My favourite thing here is the immense support you get from other students, both in your year and older years. It's what's sustained PBL even with such a big year group and that won't be changing even if the course is You get assigned a mentor through the Liverpool Medical School Society, through the uni itself and to be honest you tend to meet medics everywhere (probably because of the big year groups thing) and every one of them says "if you need help, let me know". I've yet to meet anyone who hasn't been lovely!

Another good aspect that won't be being dropped is early clinical slant- we're only in week 6 yet we've learned how to do respiratory/lymph node/abdominal/thyroid exams to name a few! And the clinical exposure that you get from second year here is what other unis wouldn't get until like third or even fourth year!

ReputationRep:
    That's sounds great. I admire that it has close medical community despite it's large size relative to other med-schools. It's nice to hear that everyone is supportive and that even the older year students are there for you. I assume it's because everyone is able to relate to each other through their interest in medicine and also out of mutual respect for pursing an ambition in the same challenging field of work.

The idea of early clinical exposure is growing on me. From your experience so far, do you believe that this teaching style will train you better in medicine as opposed to learning through teaching styles in other unis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aspiring doctor!)
    Yep, I've got an interview and I've got AAA predictions.
    I think they look at the personal statements of everyone with 17-18 points at GCSE and rank them, with the best ones being invited to interview first.
    I have 18 points and no interview!! Does this mean my personal statement was shocking?! Oh maaan! Congratulations on yours though you must be so pleased

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDoctor)
    Hey, when did you send off your application? Thanks
    I sent it off on the 20th september

ReputationRep:
    any resit applicants got an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inesx)
    I have 18 points and no interview!! Does this mean my personal statement was shocking?! Oh maaan! Congratulations on yours though you must be so pleased
    Thanks! Yeah I couldn't believe it when I got the email No not necessarily, they interview until march so you've still got a good chance of getting an interview! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aye7777)
    any resit applicants got an interview?
    yes, i did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumiya)
    yes, i did
    Congrats and good luck! What are your stats, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Congrats and good luck! What are your stats, if you don't mind me asking?
    thank you!

Stats: 6A*s 4As - GCSE
    A*AA - Predicted

ReputationRep:
    thank you!

Stats: 6A*s 4As - GCSE
    A*AA - Predicted
    Nice! When's your interview?

ReputationRep:
    Nice! When's your interview?
    Its on Wednesday 27th November - i'm sooo nervous ahaa

ReputationRep:
    yes, i did
    Congrats!!! What were your achieved grades if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rumschpringe)
    Congrats!!! What were your achieved grades if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks!!!

I resat the year - so did my 2 AS's again and took one to full a level
    where I got all A's

and now i'm taking my 2 AS's to A2's and taking another full a level in one year.

sounds complicated but basically I aiming for A*AAA in the end (with one A thats already been achieved)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.