Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

FOOD AND DRINK: THE TSR Brekkie Cereal Champion! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotoMimo)
    One is created by Alzheimer's Disease sufferers in an old folks' home, apparently. The other is coveted my a mentally disabled wolf.

I'm unsure about the marketing strategies of EITHER when I summarise like that... but which are you MAD for?
    Nice summary 😆

I have to go with Cookie Crisp!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Shreddies!

ReputationRep:
    As much as I enjoy cookie crisp, my heart lies with SHREDDIES! There's something about shreddies that make me feel joyful, a certain je ne se quois I can't place. Coco shreddies are one of my most favorited favourite cereals EVER, the chocolatey milk left behind pips even coco pops in the post of...deliciousness.

The whole nanas knitting saga does slightly (very) annoy me, but I will not let them taint my love.

ReputationRep:
    Cookie crisp is such a treat, but we always have shreddies in our house. Hmmm... Cookie crisp

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cookie crisp

I like snacking on them dry.

ReputationRep:
    Shreddiesssssss <3
    I love it when they're soggy.

~We live in an age of smart phones and stupid people.

ReputationRep:
    Shreddies. Because I find Cookie Crisp to be massively overrated and a let down. Shreddies are what you see is what you get. No messin'. Although the sugar ones trump the plain ones for me.

Plus, Shreddies have a variety of uses.
    http://www.yummly.com/recipes/shreddies
    Who'd have known!

ReputationRep:
    Shreddies! Please let them win, they're my very favourite cereal.

ReputationRep:
    Cookie Crisp. Ordinary Shreddies are bettered by the frosted and chocolate Shreddies.

Shreddiiiieeesssss

ReputationRep:
    It looks like the score is 6-5 to Shreddies so far. What a close contest.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not massively fussed over either BUT cookie cereal for breakfast just seems wrong somehow, so I'm going to vote Shreddies.

ReputationRep:
    HEAT ONE ENDS WITH NESTLE SHREDDIES WINNING A PLACE IN ROUND TWO!

And yes, that IS my Raving Rabbid toy. He loves Shreddies too.

But yeah - Shreddies are an odd one. The previous mascot, Hunger, was a really unique character, as every time he struck (by attacking oblivious children with spoons, drumming on their stomachs and making them peckish), the Shreddies would arrive and capture him up in their big cage-like structures! It was way more cool than watching a geriatric sweatshop knitting cereal.

Regardless, Cookie Crisp are out, Shreddies are in, and Round Two begins shortly!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    ...the crunchy nut adverts annoy me.
    And before we start Round Two, I torment Aula a little bit more:

I drew this because yes, the Crunchy Nut Cornflake/Granola ads annoy me, but the "Don't MEAK A SHHHOUUUND!" pair that are in all the adverts annoy me most out of all advert characters. And I mean, more than Go Compare Tenor.

ReputationRep:
    But yeah - Shreddies are an odd one. The previous mascot, Hunger, was a really unique character, as every time he struck (by attacking oblivious children with spoons, drumming on their stomachs and making them peckish), the Shreddies would arrive and capture him up in their big cage-like structures! It was way more cool than watching a geriatric sweatshop knitting cereal.
    Reading that has just led me to watch two of those old Shreddies adverts with Hunger on YouTube. They were indeed awesome adverts.

ReputationRep:
    Yay Shreddies!

~We live in an age of smart phones and stupid people.

ReputationRep:
    And before we start Round Two, I torment Aula a little bit more:

I drew this because yes, the Crunchy Nut Cornflake/Granola ads annoy me, but the "Don't MEAK A SHHHOUUUND!" pair that are in all the adverts annoy me most out of all advert characters. And I mean, more than Go Compare Tenor.
    If I could rep this, I would.

But I am on my phone, and also suspect that I have repped you too recently.

:love:

ReputationRep:
    THE SECOND ROUND HAS STARTED! COMMENCE BATTLE:

WEETABIX CRISPY MINIS take on KELLOGGS CRUNCHY NUT CORNFLAKES!

Aha, how appropriate that I mock the Crunchy Nut Cornflakes and it comes out in the random heat generator to get up in my face and be all like, "WHUTCHU CALL ME, BRO?!" - save me, Weetabix Crispy Minis!!

Choose your winner!!

ReputationRep:
    Crunchy nut cornflakes. Minis aren't a shred on the big boys! And the best thing about Weetabix is it fills me up but I swear minis make me MORE hungry..somehow..

Crunchy nut are a delicious take on the cornflake and the perfect balance of sweetness at breakfast time, not overwhelming.

ReputationRep:
    Has to be Weetabix Minis!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.