Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Dreadfully. The worst thing is that what I am revising is going in quite nicely, which should motivate me to revise more, but it just isn't...:sigh:
    How do you revise?

Making notes and reading over them?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not the best person to give advice but just reading the textbook never does it for me.
    I think it's necessary to read the important points of the textbooks many times and then to take notes. I know it's basic advice but still.

ReputationRep:
    Done 2 solid weeks of revision, 4 hours a day, gonna have this weekend off so I can finish some coursework and homework and relax a bit before I go back to school next week. I wanna feel fresh when I go back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kayc3e)
    I'm not the best person to give advice but just reading the textbook never does it for me.
    I think it's necessary to read the important points of the textbooks many times and then to take notes. I know it's basic advice but still.
    I read all the books first, then make notes from the books and then I just read the books over and over again. I also do past papers.

ReputationRep:
    Pft, I've lacked motivation. This past two weeks I've gone over what I've done in Chemistry and then learnt almost all the stuff I had to still cover in class. I read a lot for Biology. I've done naff all for the S1 and C2 Maths modules I've got coming up and I've had a quick gander at Physics. I seriously need to buckle down with the last two, but I keep telling myself that Bio/Chem need more time because I have resits in both.

Finding it really hard to revise S1, has anyone got any tips?

I set my self targets rather than hours but it ranges from 0-6 hours a day - So far mostly 0s.

ReputationRep:
    when people revise does that mean covering the stuff learnt or just doing exam questions...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    None so far, I'm terrible when it comes to putting stuff off I made a pretty revision timetable and everything, really need to motivate myself starting from tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Where'sPerry?)
    Haha, I quite like my exam timetable It's a bummer though that they are all within 8 days.
    I think it's a bit unfair of me to make comparisons since you'll be taking tough modules such as FP2, FP3 and Bio5! while I've got baby modules like C2, S1 and Physics1

Anyways I hope all the best for you, and that you smash your modules!

ReputationRep:
    So I've wasted these two weeks (done about 4 days of revision from 14 days; at work about 4 days). Suddenly feeling really stressed because I have a lot of content to get through + COURSEWORK due in the next two weeks.

ReputationRep:
    done 0 bio5
    done 0 bio6 cw

done everything else, i have 2 days to produce a draft of my bio6 cw ugh

ReputationRep:
    My first exam is on the 14th May and I've done very little I plan on doing 4 hours after school and dedicating free periods to homework though, so hopefully I'll do alright.

ReputationRep:
    ill probably do about 3 hours a day....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes 0 because nothing is going in, sometimes 10 because it's quiet at work. I usually average about 4 hours a day though and I have 3 exams.

ReputationRep:
    I try do 2 hours in a morning then have at least an hours break over lunch before doing another 4 in the afternoon with breaks. I only do 2 in the morning because I can't focus unless I've had a lie in and I'm well rested. Also it's important to have a break and drink some water or snack (preferably not chocolate as although it gives you a quick boost it wears off relatively quickly so if you lack energy try a banana instead)! I've had 3 days off and I have 9 exams over 2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamskiUK)
    Pft, I've lacked motivation. This past two weeks I've gone over what I've done in Chemistry and then learnt almost all the stuff I had to still cover in class. I read a lot for Biology. I've done naff all for the S1 and C2 Maths modules I've got coming up and I've had a quick gander at Physics. I seriously need to buckle down with the last two, but I keep telling myself that Bio/Chem need more time because I have resits in both.

Finding it really hard to revise S1, has anyone got any tips?
    I'm revising pretty much the same things as you.

For S1, get the alpha workbook...its really helpful and past paper after past paper I guess. S1 is such a dull unit!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How do you guys all revise? I have A2 English Lit, A2 French and both AS and A2 English Language coming up. At the moment for Eng Language I am going through each topic and writing the important bits out on card. Writing it out helps me learn, and then I'll be able to flick through when I want. I am also going to do past paper etc, but I am worried I am going to get too caught up in writing things out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    I think it's a bit unfair of me to make comparisons since you'll be taking tough modules such as FP2, FP3 and Bio5! while I've got baby modules like C2, S1 and Physics1

Anyways I hope all the best for you, and that you smash your modules!
    Well, for both of us, the modules we're doing seem like the hardest things we have yet encountered (which is true) so the comparison is still pretty fair I guess!

S1 screwed me over so badly though, there was this histogram question like nothing in the textbook/past papers/solomon papers and I lost loads of marks on it. I did better in S2

And cheers, I hope the same for you!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how people revise in the afternoons. I mean, I can do mornings without doubt, it's nice and quiet and you're wide and awake. When it comes to the afternoon, I just become lazy and passive. All I want to do is eat and spend time with family. And then i plan to do all nighters- and never end up doing them. Agh.

ReputationRep:
    Revision? Don't be absurd.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.