Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheetahs56)
    Cos nobody in their right mind would do that, especially one:

1. Studying maths at A2- Obviously a bright pupil
    2. Discussing the exam- If you just started then you obviously don't care about the exam, so why are you talking about it?

In August you'll be back on saying "oh my god I revised for 1 day and got an A, woo"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, okay, fair point, obviously i've gone over everything after lessons, if you count that as revision, and I haven't been able to have a proper good revision maths day RECENTLY because my week's been jam packed with exams.

So maybe you shouldn't just jump to conclusions every time you see something which can be misintrepretated. Because obviously if I am discussing the exam, which means i care, would mean i've put slightly more time in.

And no, i'm not going to get an A in this exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IShouldBeRevising_)
    Are you doing c4 tomz?? if you are your going to tear it a new one.
    Haha yeah.
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igloo1)
    Yeah, okay, fair point, obviously i've gone over everything after lessons, if you count that as revision, and I haven't been able to have a proper good revision maths day RECENTLY because my week's been jam packed with exams.

So maybe you shouldn't just jump to conclusions every time you see something which can be misintrepretated. Because obviously if I am discussing the exam, which means i care, would mean i've put slightly more time in.

And no, i'm not going to get an A in this exam.
    So you have revised So you were lying, and why can't you get an A in the exam? I don't wanna take up any more of your time, good luck with the exam and wish you all the best

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So you have revised So you were lying, and why can't you get an A in the exam? I don't wanna take up any more of your time, good luck with the exam and wish you all the best

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks. and just because i revised like 2 months ago doesn't mean you're right to call people liars.
    But thank you.

ReputationRep:
    thanks. and just because i revised like 2 months ago doesn't mean you're right to call people liars.
    But thank you.
    Lol was only joking anyways, and btw you're not Ipoop are you?:eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol was only joking anyways, and btw you're not Ipoop are you?:eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    no? why would i be?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me transform (4-u^2)2u /2+u to 4u^2 - 2u^2

ReputationRep:
    they usually give you two line equations in form r=a+tb and r=a+sb where a isn't normally the same.
    anyway.
    say:
    a+tb=a+sb for (i,j,k) values and then solve one( eg:i) to make t=x+5s say, then put it into the j equation. you can find one of the letters from that. Then go back to your equation you worked out t=x+5s to find t.
    put your s and t into equation k.
    If htey intersect, they will be equal. If not, they skew.

Hope that made some sense..
    Okay think I get it..... So work out s and t and put back into vector equations.... And the vectors should equal ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .JJ)
    you have two vectors, equate them together to get 3 simultaneous equations. Use two of the simultaneous equations to find s and t (oe) and verify it using the third equation
    Cheers man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatepeople37)
    Okay think I get it..... So work out s and t and put back into vector equations.... And the vectors should equal ?
    Yes. Just make sure you use all 3 equations once.

ReputationRep:
    can someone help me with jan 2013 question 8ii, how do you work out the mipoint?

ReputationRep:
    Cos nobody in their right mind would do that, especially one:

1. Studying maths at A2- Obviously a bright pupil
    2. Discussing the exam- If you just started then you obviously don't care about the exam, so why are you talking about it?

In August you'll be back on saying "oh my god I revised for 1 day and got an A, woo"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So true tbf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louise_234)
    can someone help me with jan 2013 question 8ii, how do you work out the mipoint?
    Don't have the question at hand but do this
    E.g. (1,1,1) and (2,3,4)
    Just add each one and divide by two
    (1.5,2,2.5) is midpoint
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Just make sure you use all 3 equations once.
    Sickkkkk love revising on here..... Especially when I've got a bad feeling I won't be able to sleep tonight because I had 11 hours sleep last night..... So annoying.... If I'm asleep by 2 I should be fine but much later and I will be very tired in the morning even with the adrenaline pumping for core 4.... Good tips for sleeping anyone .... And yes I have tried counting sheep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatepeople37)
    Sickkkkk love revising on here..... Especially when I've got a bad feeling I won't be able to sleep tonight because I had 11 hours sleep last night..... So annoying.... If I'm asleep by 2 I should be fine but much later and I will be very tired in the morning even the the adrenaline pumping for core 4.... Good tips for sleeping anyone .... And yes I have tried counting sheep
    Camomile tea, works a treat for me. If not, warm milk and honey!

ReputationRep:
    Can any of you help with jan 2011 5i) I can't transform (4-u^2)2u /2+u to 4u^2 - 2u^2
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    ignore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stirkee)
    You may well have made a mistake.. when I did that question it was easy with very easy simplification.
    In the mark scheme it shows what i put as well but i just can't do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzie232)
    Camomile tea, works a treat for me. If not, warm milk and honey!
    warm milk and honey mixed together??!! I gotta try this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JimmyA*)
    In the mark scheme it shows what i put as well but i just can't do it
    oh i misread your post.

factorise the (4-u^2)... its the difference of 2 squares.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.