Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllenF)
    Just firmed for Law and French! Has anyone else firmed for law?
    Hey I'm Saoirse but just call me Sersh and I've firmed for Law :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lornarose)
    Just on the out-skirts of Birmingham, how about you?
    From the Stansted/Essex area.. we've both got a bit of a trek to get there then! Haha, I've gotten the train there a few times before though.
    I really want to apply for accommodation now but there so many to chose from!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asparagussauce)
    Hello! I'm sure we will, the intake numbers for Linguistics aren't exactly sky high, if I recall correctly.
    I think of the distance between Glasgow and Edinburgh as being just about perfect - just far enough to guarantee accommodation, and not so far as to make it awkward carrying luggage around, or popping home for a weekend
    I'm quite lucky that I'm not too far away either, driving from where I live to Edinburgh takes only just over an hour, so it's good for people coming to visit, too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelcward)
    From the Stansted/Essex area.. we've both got a bit of a trek to get there then! Haha, I've gotten the train there a few times before though.
    I really want to apply for accommodation now but there so many to chose from!
    I did it straight after I got accepted; I was a little shocked that I got in, so I got overly excited, haha. Yes, it's so far away! I've applied for three in Pollock Halls

ReputationRep:
    Just firmed for History!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShockHorror17)
    Just firmed for History!
    Hello fellow historian!

ReputationRep:
    firmed for maths et economics, unconditional but do I have to hand in certificates of any kind? I don't remember seeing that but it seems a few need to!

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for biochemistry

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for History and Classics.

ReputationRep:
    Still nobody else firmed Chemical Engineering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConnorDuffy)
    Check the Facebook group 'University of Edinburgh Class of 2017.' There are a few chemical engineers there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConnorDuffy)
    I have. And I know a couple of people who have, too!

ReputationRep:
    Got a conditional offer for psychology after I've been initially been rejected. I am so incredibly happy about this. I just hope it will work out that I can Edinburgh make my firm choice. I had already firmed another uni after seeing the rejection from Edinburgh in track. I pray that it works!

Do you also sometimes have difficulties contacting UCAS? I tried to phone them several times now in order to get this change worked out, but I'm not getting through!

Hoping to see all of you in September, fingers crossed for our exams

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for Philosophy (unconditional)

ReputationRep:
    Also, what is everyone thinking about doing for their 2 additional subjects in Year one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tessie1994)
    Also, what is everyone thinking about doing for their 2 additional subjects in Year one?
    Well I'm doing linguistics & social anthropology, so that's already 80 credits, and I might take a language for my extra 40 credits what about you? Any ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caity13)
    Well I'm doing linguistics & social anthropology, so that's already 80 credits, and I might take a language for my extra 40 credits what about you? Any ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh awesome! Well I'm thinking either English, History or Law (i.e. something Humanities!). I applied last year for Philosophy/English combined so I'd still like to try out English if i can

ReputationRep:
    Oh awesome! Well I'm thinking either English, History or Law (i.e. something Humanities!). I applied last year for Philosophy/English combined so I'd still like to try out English if i can
    I considered English too ^.^ There are so many choices, it's really hard to pick I suppose it will depend on availability and timetable allocations

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for Philosophy (unconditional)
    Yay, another philosopher!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caity13)
    I considered English too ^.^ There are so many choices, it's really hard to pick I suppose it will depend on availability and timetable allocations

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh really? I went for the talk on English last year when I went up for a open day and its sounds really interesting!

Exactly, I feel like a kid in a sweet shop... kind of! :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.