Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneha.vag)
    So how is everyone planning on spending the next 8 days? Btw I am so glad the countdown is back
    Try to get shifts at work and that will make me tired, I will sleep then BAM! Its Thursday.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know roughly what average time sixth form opens for us to receive our results on the 15th?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Shiny new thread but the fear is certainly not shiny or new.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayqwe)
    Does anyone know roughly what average time sixth form opens for us to receive our results on the 15th?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dopends on the sixth form, mine is 9am.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Now I wish I were you. I can't say that I would get an A*!
    Thanks but I was just able to do really well in the C3 exam and only made a few little mistakes on C4 so I'm pretty sure I'll have the A*, for Further Maths it'll all depend on the grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frostyjoe)
    Finally! Someone like me. These people on here are making me feel stupid!
    I seriously struggle to get the top grades in any exam. It's all been Bs and Cs I was at a bit of a mediocre college so perhaps I can use that as an excuse :dontknow: (only joking)

Where do you want to go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joereed)
    Try to get shifts at work and that will make me tired, I will sleep then BAM! Its Thursday.
    Great way to worry less and possibly have fewer night mares.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al0)
    Shiny new thread but the fear is certainly not shiny or new.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ikr!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Bobilina)
    Yeah I know but easier said than done!

Tut, there isn't as much as what I thought.. You'll be fine
    I suppose that's true and well I've already got a huge list of just the stationary I'll be using, then you've got all your cooking utensils and plates, bowls, glasses and bed stuff and then other stuff to decorate the room

ReputationRep:
    I'm going down the road feeling sad.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My 6th form is 10am !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Subscribing to the thread! Gosh, I actually remember when it was 58 days remaining and now it's only 8 days :eek: Time has certainly gone real fast!

So how is everyone planning on spending the next 8 days? Btw I am so glad the countdown is back
    I'm going camping with my friends on Monday and then returning on Wednesday evening. Quite excited as I've never been before, and it'll definitely take my mind off results day! :P What are your plans??

ReputationRep:
    I just pray my revision for my AS have payed off, good luck to those receiving their A level results!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Futuristicmedic)
    My 6th form is 10am !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My sixth form isn't until Friday for AS results!

ReputationRep:
    Haha because I thought you did C3 and C4 and could still predict you'd get an A. I'm worried about my A in Math. How were your papers?
    What applied did you take? C2 and S1 went like a dream, FP1 was a little awkward but fine and M2 not too good you?

ReputationRep:
    1 week till grade boundaries, which will pretty much tell us how results day is gonna go xD

ReputationRep:
    I'm just so, so impatient. I really want to know what I got, for better or for worse!

ReputationRep:
    anyone else finding that, much as it is in exam period, theyre not sleeping or eating normally coming up to results day? im either sleeping waaay too much or not at all, and eating either everything in sight one day, but absolutely nothing at all the next.

(Original post by joereed)
    I think ive done enough to meet my ABB offer but I want to get AAA not only for its prestige, but if I do, I will get a £1,000 scholarship (Exeter University). I have a chance but it may hinge on my maths result and after Edexcel C3.....we'll just see in 8 days!
    Same here! Really hoping for 3As but I'll get in with AAB, I'm so nervous ahh!!! What're you studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kakashidude101)
    1 week till grade boundaries, which will pretty much tell us how results day is gonna go xD
    I'm not sure I'm even going to bother looking at grade boundaries because I don't feel like they'll tell me much

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.