Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheNote)
    the average of paapers is meant to be around 58, but i think paper had a few questions that either confused some people or they didn't quite get the correct answer, so I think A will be around 55 maybe 54 if we are lucky
    I'm guessing the same 54 would be lovely though

ReputationRep:
    90% sure question 2 was perpendicular.
    It was 100% PERPENDICULAR.
    I repeat, the question asked you to find a PERPENDICULAR line, not parallel.

ReputationRep:
    90% sure question 2 was perpendicular.
    i am 100% sure it was perpendicular

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by user1-4)
    does anybody the last question? We can go through it and figure out the 'actual answer.'
    See if it is 4/0 or the other one
    It is definitely 4 and 0, none of the others work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LRJ)
    The differentiating method works, but so does the discriminant method

1/(x-2) = y
    y= -x + k

1/(x - 2) = -x + k
    1=(x - 2)(-x + k)
    1= -x^2 + kx +2x -2k
    0= -x^2 +(2+k)x -2k -1

so b^2 -4ac =0 (as for tangents, there is only one intersection)

(2+k)^2 -4(-1)(-2k-1) =0
    (2+k)(2-k) +4(-2k-1) =0 EDIT: (2+k)(2+k) +4(-2k-1) =0
    k^2 +4k +4 -8k -4 =0
    K^2 -4k = 0
    k(k-4) = 0

therefore k=0 and k=4

I remember the last question of Jan11 had a similar sort of question, I worked it out using differentiation, but only the discriminant method was in the mark scheme, even though I thought both methods worked fine, that question was slightly different though, so hopefully both methods will be awarded this time might be a good idea to check that mark scheme actually!
    I used differentiation and came to the right answer and I spoke to my teacher and he said as it didn't say to use a specific method, they can't penalise it. It may not be written in the mark scheme as they don't expect core 1 candidates to know/use it, but it'll be in the examiner's guideline thingy and they can't reject it as a method

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if anyone posted the paper, I presume no one has. But , I know its a few days late but I got a copy:

Name:  084.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  500.5 KBName:  085.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  500.7 KBName:  086.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  505.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    Is there going to be an unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    ****KK lost 3 marks on that first question, I've dropped at least 8 marks now fml might not even get an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How much raw marks do u lot reckon wil be enough for 100 ums?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsenalWenger)
    How much raw marks do u lot reckon wil be enough for 100 ums?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seems to be between 70 and 72 for the other years, I think 72 will be full UMS, but then again I thought 59/60 would be for an A which is higher than what other people think on here, so I could be very wrong

ReputationRep:
    What would 67/72 be in ums?

ReputationRep:
    Unofficial ms: predicting 62/72 for an A
    OCR MEI C1 MAY 2013 UO MARK SCHEME.docx

ReputationRep:
    i hope its 70 for full ums

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have a copy of this past paper for this exam if so can you please send the link

ReputationRep:
    Im really excited to know what I got in this exam, considering how terribly awful M1 went!

ReputationRep:
    and C2

ReputationRep:
    This is stressing me out, I worked incredibly hard and c2 was an absolute shambles so boundaries better be quite low, and for this I think I'm getting low 60's which has annoyed me cus I dropped so many silly marks and due to my s1 being only 83ums I need this to be into the A to cover up lost marks in c2, I'm hoping no more than 60 on this for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josh96)
    This is stressing me out, I worked incredibly hard and c2 was an absolute shambles so boundaries better be quite low, and for this I think I'm getting low 60's which has annoyed me cus I dropped so many silly marks and due to my s1 being only 83ums I need this to be into the A to cover up lost marks in c2, I'm hoping no more than 60 on this for an A
    C2 was horrible indeed
    I think the grade boundaries for C1 will be 59 for an A. It was 58 for an A in January which I thought was absolutely ridiculous as the paper was horrific!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt_dragon)
    C2 was horrible indeed
    I think the grade boundaries for C1 will be 59 for an A. It was 58 for an A in January which I thought was absolutely ridiculous as the paper was horrific!
    Could not agree more! plus with the option to resit being 9 months after seeing our AS grades, i really hope they cut us some slack

ReputationRep:
    62/72 for an A!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.