Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    Anyone notice how in addition to being anonymous, Podolski now looks utterly lethargic. IIRC, the last game he started was against Bayern, and it certainly shows. And Mertesacker looked like a clown in defence - I don't think I saw one single piece of assured defending by him in the second half.
    He got the goal so who cares..

ReputationRep:
    At least Everton lost, so you got them off your back.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone notice how in addition to being anonymous, Podolski now looks utterly lethargic. IIRC, the last game he started was against Bayern, and it certainly shows. And Mertesacker looked like a clown in defence - I don't think I saw one single piece of assured defending by him in the second half.
    What ****ing game was you watching? Mertesacker was the only reason we won that and defended brilliantly at the end of the game.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    Negged everyone hating on Giroud, I think I still I got one more left.
    You've got 5 red gems, so go ahead and neg me. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Vader 7)
    What ****ing game was you watching? Mertesacker was the only reason we won that and defended brilliantly at the end of the game.
    It was a miracle we kept a clean sheet. His defending has been comical the past few games.

ReputationRep:
    It was a miracle we kept a clean sheet. His defending has been comical the past few games.
    What DV7 said tbh.

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I think we need a candle lit vigil next Saturday night outside emirates to pray Gervinho don't start up front against Man Utd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    I think we need a candle lit vigil next Saturday night outside emirates to pray Gervinho don't start up front against Man Utd
    I didn't even think of Gervinho just assumed Podolski would start. This sucks if he gets anywhere near the pitch. Just imagine podolski and walcott upfront with Carzola, wilshere and rosicky supplying them. Bellissimo

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't be surprised if Wenger played Ramsey on the wing next weekend, I really hope he instills a winning mentality against utd. Cant be underdogs at home in the PL, that's unacceptable imo, crowd should be pumped, expect to see the anti-RVP brigade to be out in full force, hopefully no distasteful chants though.

ReputationRep:
    If giroud's still banned, I'd rather we go with Gerv (yes, Poldi is even more pointless on the pitch)- Theo - AOC

ReputationRep:
    I would put Walcott through the middle beacuse that is where he drifts anyway on the right these days like today he was playing anywhere but the right wing, Ox on the right and Santi on the left

ReputationRep:
    Notice how if Arsenal scrap a win Arsenal are rubbish, but when United do the same thing United are then regarded as being 'strong' and having character.

ReputationRep:
    its gonna be a nervy few weeks, i hope we get third! PLEASE and hope we beat man u! That could seal it for us. WE CANNOT LET SCUM WIN THE LEAGUE AT THE EMIRATES

ReputationRep:
    Two clean sheets in the last three games non?

Our attack and build-up play has been ****. Defence has been relatively ok imo - 3rd best defense in the league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    I would put Walcott through the middle beacuse that is where he drifts anyway on the right these days like today he was playing anywhere but the right wing, Ox on the right and Santi on the left
    I think this would be a good line-up as long as Wilshire plays in AM and Ramsey in DM. I think playing Rosicky would leave us a bit unbalanced against Utd, and in-form Ramsey will be crucial for a result next week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birdman1234567)
    I think this would be a good line-up as long as Wilshire plays in AM and Ramsey in DM. I think playing Rosicky would leave us a bit unbalanced against Utd, and in-form Ramsey will be crucial for a result next week.
    I don't think Wilshere is a AM he's better at getting the ball from deep with tough tackling and charging forwards and picking a pass. I wouldn't call him a deep lying maker either best position is CM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    I don't think Wilshere is a AM he's better at getting the ball from deep with tough tackling and charging forwards and picking a pass. I wouldn't call him a deep lying maker either best position is CM
    Yeah I know, but I would like both him and Ramsey on the pitch next weekend. He'll most likely be fully fit too, his past few performance in AM have been average but judging from his abilities he should be able to fulfil that role just fine and he'll track back more than Rosicky. Or I guess Wenger could just drop either Wilshire or Ramsey :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birdman1234567)
    Yeah the main thing about Rosicky is that he can get beyond the striker and will make runs in behind but Ox is very direct and can do that and Walcott can look to be on the shoulder so Wilshere in there would probably work better

ReputationRep:
    Well a win is always worth the maximum 3 point. So still happy with the results!!!

In a non sport related news, our very own Oligarch Gooner Usmanov is now officially the richest man in Britain!!! He beat off worthy opponents like the Mittals and Abramovich!
    So it seems Usmanov is now showing Arsenal that it must be possible to beat off the likes of Man utd/city and Chelsea and we can do that like next year!!!

http://news.sky.com/story/1080776/ar...ks-richest-man

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.