• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Motorbiker)
    And the new numbers on the watched thread thing.
    I hate that. TSR, I can count to 1 you know.

I can even count to 20 if I take my shoes and socks off.

ReputationRep:
    Can't use the spoiler button, becoming more and more frustrated.

Cool, you want to change things up, but when it actually reduces functionality it's very very stupid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    I hate that. TSR, I can count to 1 you know.

I can even count to 20 if I take my shoes and socks off.
    It's useful as i often have a lot more than 10 and this way i can see instantly.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    It's useful as i often have a lot more than 10 and this way i can see instantly.
    Agreed it's nice to have a number. Don't like the implementation of the number (too hard to read the number on the orange background)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I currently have 11423 watched threads. I don't care. If they get new replies, I reads em.

ReputationRep:
    When I post why is the text centred in the middle of each post. What's the point of that? I'd much rather when you posted the text starts at the left margin. (I posted this in the objection thread but I thought I'd post it here too.)
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    The "show" button for the spoilers now cuts off the bottom of the word. It didn't used to. I like the obvious way to know that you've subbed a thread now but hate the new font. I'd rather have the old default avatars back and want an option to go to first unread post in a thread at the top (we used to have that right?). Has the report post button moved? I like it there either way. Is there a report thread button? I seem to remember there used to be one but I'm not sure. The social media buttons aren't really needed at the top and bottom. I know this wasn't just added but I still think it's relevant now. The neg post button stands out much more than the pos rep. Perhaps change the colours slightly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curtis871)
    The "show" button for the spoilers now cuts off the bottom of the word. It didn't used to. I like the obvious way to know that you've subbed a thread now but hate the new font. I'd rather have the old default avatars back and want an option to go to first unread post in a thread at the top (we used to have that right?). Has the report post button moved? I like it there either way. Is there a report thread button? I seem to remember there used to be one but I'm not sure. The social media buttons aren't really needed at the top and bottom. I know this wasn't just added but I still think it's relevant now. The neg post button stands out much more than the pos rep. Perhaps change the colours slightly?
    To report a thread you just report the first post - that is the way it has always been. As far as I know the report post button hasn't moved. The neg and pos images issue has been pointed out, and RK (I think - certainly one of the admins) said it would be looked into

ReputationRep:
    I think the new design is too bright, it's blinding (at night anyway) :cool:
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    I think it was nice to try and revamp the whole style of the site.
    However, I think the changes make the forum seem more appealing to younger children, the soft edges of the boxes and the bright colours remind me of children's products to be honest.
    I think the buttons are too large and too bright.
    I think the spoiler button is too large and looks odd, the old one was nicer and more subtle.
    I think the font looks a bit narrow.
    I think the gender symbols look a bit childish, and slightly immature, I mean the bubblyness of them. It reminds me of bubblegum people.
    The reputation bars looked more attractive before, with the shininess.
    The pos and neg rep buttons are nice, however, the neg button is far too noticeable in comparison to the pos making it look like everyone has 1 neg.
    I do like the quote thing, the blue box, etc is nice.

ReputationRep:
    I do think the little splodge fellas are cute :3

Dislike the bright orange soo much, it makes it look like Cbbc vommed everywhere

ReputationRep:
    People are always resilient to change - lets not forget the new facebook design.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the thumbs up/down colouring though - it's not clear and bright if someone has been negged

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex-Torres)
    People are always resilient to change - lets not forget the new facebook design.
    We haven't forgotten it. I still hate it. I hated the tsr update before this one. Now I'm doubly-pissed because it's tried the functionality of the webstite as well as making it look like a website for politically minded 7 year olds

ReputationRep:
    Name:  new font.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  53.8 KB

All the i's look like l's. L don't llke lt.

Edit: I don't know how to make the picture bigger. -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piko_Piko)
    Name:  new font.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  53.8 KB

All the i's look like l's. L don't llke lt.

Edit: I don't know how to make the picture bigger. -_-
    If people click on it, you can view it full size.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Alex-Torres)
    Firstly, you mean 'resistant', not 'resilient', they're complete opposites. Secondly, there have been plenty of thoroughly intellectual assessments of the new design and genuine views, don't be so closed minded and discount them because you disagree.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by tooambitious)
    Not sure if it's just me, but I'm only my phone (iPhone 4s) and I can't touch to show spoilers. It just doesn't work. It's bloody irritating; spoilers are half the fun :unimpressed:
    This :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    So here's my two pence...

The orange is too much and all too big. Colour coordination wise, this is a fail... I feel like I'm on a site for kids with these oversized functions...

I like the new spoiler design, really nice but again too big... And it's really difficult to read thread titles as they currently are :sigh:

P.s. I still cannot customise my sig when on the mobile app for Android :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    P.s. I still cannot customise my sig when on the mobile app for Android :emo:
    The app and this design update are separate issues - you wouldn't expect the behaviour of the app to change for this. Hopefully a fix is still in the works to fix some of the issues with the app.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.