Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Some other answers were hypothermia is when the body's core temperature drops below 35 degrees, biological reason for the gran was either as her metabolic rate is lower or her regulatory metabolisms have deteriorated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xhannahdoherty)
    For meiosis I wrote:

First division:
    DNA replication occurs and chromosomes find their homologous pairs. These are joined at points called chiasmata. The homologous pairs then line up at the centre of the cell randomly. This is called random assortment. Crossing over of DNA also occurs here. Spindle fibres attach to each of the homologous pairs pulling chromosomes to each pole. The cell membrane then starts to fold in and 2 new haploid cells are formed.

Second division:
    The chromosomes line up at the centre of the cell once more. Spindle fibres attach and pull each chomatid to opposite poles of the cell. 2 new cells are formed. Overall 4 new cells are formed.

Importance:
    Meiosis is needed to produce sperm and egg cells. The second division during meiosis ensures that only 23 chromosomes are present in each sperm and egg cell. This is because at fertilisation a sperm and egg cell join together giving the normal 46 chromosomes a cell needs.

There was a diagram to demonstrate the 4 new cells and to demonstate crossing over.

^ roughly that, anyone like to advise or compare?
    I did this essay too and wrote about the same, I missed out a couple of points though my teacher showed me her answers and this looks good compared to hers, you should get a good mark for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scottish__girl)
    Sorry, just new to this! Well done there was a couple of answers for the village one, the most obvious was deforestation either for farmland or to build more houses. The next part if that question was about the river I think? It was that it would be more polluted/ more sewage. The methane part was to do with cows/ cattle grazing. Can't remember the start if the guitar one but the girl listening to the music was generalisation then the next part was deindividuation as she was lost her personal identity within the group
    Those all the right answers ?? If it is thank you soo much !

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, just new to this! Well done there was a couple of answers for the village one, the most obvious was deforestation either for farmland or to build more houses. The next part if that question was about the river I think? It was that it would be more polluted/ more sewage. The methane part was to do with cows/ cattle grazing. Can't remember the start if the guitar one but the girl listening to the music was generalisation then the next part was deindividuation as she was lost her personal identity within the group
    Yeah I saw your 6 posts haha, you'll get the hang of it

Yeah I got those aswell, dont know if I'll have worded those questions properly enough though due to me being vvvvery rushed for time.

You know the last question, for the factors that needed to be kept constant- would volume of sample and time of day sample was taken be acceptable?

There was also the one about the systole graph- what was the volume of blood he pumped out per minute or something- I got 625 or something :lol: no chance that's right. Thought id best put something down rather than nothing since my essays were so crap.

ReputationRep:
    Some other answers were hypothermia is when the body's core temperature drops below 35 degrees, biological reason for the gran was either as her metabolic rate is lower or her regulatory metabolisms have deteriorated
    Got this too woo, i said hypothermia was when the body's temperature regulating mechanism failed and the temperature reached critical levels such as 33/34 degrees, think id get it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsGrand131415)
    Those all the right answers ?? If it is thank you soo much !
    Well these are my teacher's answers so I guess so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aay)
    Got this too woo, i said hypothermia was when the body's temperature regulating mechanism failed and the temperature reached critical levels such as 33/34 degrees, think id get it?
    Yeah, I'd say so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aay)
    Yeah I saw your 6 posts haha, you'll get the hang of it

Yeah I got those aswell, dont know if I'll have worded those questions properly enough though due to me being vvvvery rushed for time.

You know the last question, for the factors that needed to be kept constant- would volume of sample and time of day sample was taken be acceptable?

There was also the one about the systole graph- what was the volume of blood he pumped out per minute or something- I got 625 or something :lol: no chance that's right. Thought id best put something down rather than nothing since my essays were so crap.
    Volume was definitely one, not sure about the other. I got volume too but guessed water temperature, don't think I've got the mark for the though

I didn't get that either, but turns out I'd put the right answer minus the decimal point so it will get marked wrong sorry cant remember what it was though 5 point something times 7 maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to bring this up again but does anyone remember a multi choice question which asked which of the following stated the true function of a blood vessel and there were options with pulmonary artery, vein and where it went etc. I really can't remember the question !

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to bring this up again but does anyone remember a multi choice question which asked which of the following stated the true function of a blood vessel and there were options with pulmonary artery, vein and where it went etc. I really can't remember the question !
    This is annoying me also, I cannot remember it gr?!

Volume was definitely one, not sure about the other. I got volume too but guessed water temperature, don't think I've got the mark for the though

I didn't get that either, but turns out I'd put the right answer minus the decimal point so it will get marked wrong sorry cant remember what it was though 5 point something times 7 maybe?
    Aw well Cool, remember any others?

ReputationRep:
    Was it the one and it mentioned deoxygenated and oxygenated blood too? If so the answer was c

ReputationRep:
    Was it the one and it mentioned deoxygenated and oxygenated blood too? If so the answer was c
    What did the question ask?

ReputationRep:
    Are you talking about the question where it showed a baby and asked for the blood vessel flowing away from the baby?? If not then that's the question I'm talking about. Was the answer Pulmonary Vein , oxygenated ?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aay)
    This is annoying me also, I cannot remember it gr?!

Aw well Cool, remember any others?
    I remember some if the multiple choice;
    the weird shapes one was A
    the hormone graph was oestrogen and progesterone
    One was 180%
    the one about developing/ed countries was 24 I think

ReputationRep:
    Are you talking about the question where it showed a baby and asked for the blood vessel flowing away from the baby?? If not then that's the question I'm talking about. Was the answer Pulmonary Vein , oxygenated ?!
    I wasn't but I think that one was deoxygenated blood, artery as it was going away from the baby's heart! I didn't get it either I don't think

ReputationRep:
    One was 180%
    See the developing countries one, guessed it completely ! Spent around 10-15mins trying to work it out but can't seem to find out where I was going wrong !

Once again thank you ( everyone ) .

ReputationRep:
    One was 180%
    I got the weird shapes one wrong, got the other two right, and was 530 at one point an answer? What was the 24 for? It rings a bell, a few pages back ive got a massive list of questions that came up lol
    Also i said the baby was deoxygenated and vein - hate myself argh

ReputationRep:
    Also in section B some answers were starvation, non-disjunction and demography

ReputationRep:
    Also in section B some answers were starvation, non-disjunction and demography
    prolonged starvation when the body uses proteins or somethings yeah?

Oh there was a flow diagram about glycolysis and the krebs- remember??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aay)
    prolonged starvation when the body uses proteins or somethings yeah?

Oh there was a flow diagram about glycolysis and the krebs- remember??
    yeah was about to ask ^ that and there was a question with protein on the top and arrows around a diagram ??

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.