Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hoping lithosphere is in section B but then again means I would of wasted my time memorising it all ;/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaarlotte)
    anyone else find atmosphere so confusing?! my teacher covered the whole topic in about a week because we had so little time
    same, can someone tell me what the albido thing is, and what el nino la nina means as well please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by humza100)
    same, can someone tell me what the albido thing is, and what el nino la nina means as well please
    Albedo is the energy lost through reflection of the atmopshere- high albedo in the north pole due to ice caps, snow etc being very reflective
    low albedo at the equator due to vegetation absorbing heat
    el nino is a name given to a climate pattern that causes the warming of the pacific ocean- la nina is associated with the opposite, cooling of the tropical pacific waters. el nino reverses the normal direction of atmospheric pressure that develops over Tahiti - this causes the trade winds to weaken and in turn causes heavy rain over australia & deciminating the fishing stops off the coast of peru.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if industry will be a choice question like any predictions ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjj22)
    So u'll be fine:P haha.

Doing my Paper 2's today:P luckily my Paper 2 question is linked with lithosphere:P
    Yeah same, which I like and don't like. I like because you have already revised, dislike because i canny do it :lol:

(Original post by lovecupcakes)
    Human topics there's not much to remember its the physical sadly and haha I'll probably spend whole day with lithosphere I've just got hydrosphere, biosphere and lithosphere to do hopefully I'll manage all of it by eight. Two days of learning the whole course ahhhh but excited after tomorrow since its my last exam !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There is loads to learn for human topics!!! In population I wrote 4 pages, front and back of possible answers to different questions. Actually it may have been 5 pages? Population there is so much to learn

And lucky, I have chemistry on friday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deedee123)
    Albedo is the energy lost through reflection of the atmopshere- high albedo in the north pole due to ice caps, snow etc being very reflective
    low albedo at the equator due to vegetation absorbing heat
    el nino is a name given to a climate pattern that causes the warming of the pacific ocean- la nina is associated with the opposite, cooling of the tropical pacific waters. el nino reverses the normal direction of atmospheric pressure that develops over Tahiti - this causes the trade winds to weaken and in turn causes heavy rain over australia & deciminating the fishing stops off the coast of peru.
    I thought El nino was a place in Brazil :lol: woops

ReputationRep:
    Just back from French now to revise half the geography course and some chemistry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CSM1996)
    I thought El nino was a place in Brazil :lol: woops
    I've been calling it "el diablo" until yesterday :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what the 6 factors for why industry would locate somewhere are?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deedee123)
    I've been calling it "el diablo" until yesterday :rofl:
    Hahaha omg they should make the named examples we learn easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by galentines)
    does anyone know what the 6 factors for why industry would locate somewhere are?
    space to upscale/built carparks
    near an available workforce (example-cambridge science park)
    close to motorway intersections/ports/airports
    where there is government subsidies available (example-welsh development agency got LG electronics to move there for subsidies)
    near target market (on the edge of a city)

ReputationRep:
    two...more...days.........i can almost see the light....

ReputationRep:
    What choice questions have yous all been predicted ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jodiekennedy)
    Does anyone know if industry will be a choice question like any predictions ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    it wasn't a choice question last year so its got a chance, but theres nothing to say that it will be one.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same, which I like and don't like. I like because you have already revised, dislike because i canny do it :lol:

There is loads to learn for human topics!!! In population I wrote 4 pages, front and back of possible answers to different questions. Actually it may have been 5 pages? Population there is so much to learn

And lucky, I have chemistry on friday
    Haha u do Lithosphere+RLR? lol hate learning that but ican learnn coasts and glaciation in 2.5hrs so yay there. but seriously; im not even done with revision plus like u got nothing to be worried about, bet u'll come out with an A :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjj22)
    Haha u do Lithosphere+RLR? lol hate learning that but ican learnn coasts and glaciation in 2.5hrs so yay there. but seriously; im not even done with revision plus like u got nothing to be worried about, bet u'll come out with an A :P
    Yeah I do! And Glaciation is easy, others aren't. Praying for 20 marks glaciation question!!! Although I got coasts in my prelim and got 50/50 so meh, as long as it is not limestone And hopefully I do!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I do! And Glaciation is easy, others aren't. Praying for 20 marks glaciation question!!! Although I got coasts in my prelim and got 50/50 so meh, as long as it is not limestone And hopefully I do!
    Ino Glaciation is so easy!Though am predicting coasts this yr.
    My prelim was coasts too! 47/50 cause i didnt study this 6marker and only got 3marks frm it haha.

ReputationRep:
    my teachers predictions:

Sand Dune System
    Describing a Hydrograph
    Urban-Mapping
    Commercial farming
    Ocean currents and wind belts
    Limestone
    New industry-possible map
    Population pyramids

she is usually very accurate and puts in a lot of thought!! however dont blame me if shes wrong

ReputationRep:
    It's not likely that the Population Q will be on the Demographic Transition Model is it? as it was last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RKS330)
    It's not likely that the Population Q will be on the Demographic Transition Model is it? as it was last year?
    Yeh i was just revising tat and thinking the exact same, but you never know the SQA sometimes put the same Q twice in a row to throw people off their predictions, they is a sneaky wee bunch

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.