Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titus20)
    keep dreaming
    Please don't be like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ratto)
    From reading previous mark schemes I couldn't see anything about this, but are there any marks lost if you put the correct answer but put the wrong unit? I think i put 3.16 ms^-1 for the vectors question but now I cannot remember if it was meant to be km/h or what.
    Normally there are never any marks for putting units so I really have no idea.
    You'll be fine. The question said that the velocity of p was v m/a at time t seconds. So it's definitely seconds.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If that is the case then I should be on course for full UMS, cheers

ReputationRep:
    what do you think you got robbie?

ReputationRep:
    In question 4b I do some stupid calculation and I have got a wrong value of acceleration. (But I have got u=14 in part a ) However, the method of calculating the time taken is right. What marks will I gain for 4b?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lebron_23)
    You'll be fine. The question said that the velocity of p was v m/a at time t seconds. So it's definitely seconds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hey bro! i needed to ask for question1, i wrote N instead of Ns for the unuts for magnitude of impulse would i lose a mark? thanks i advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titus20)
    what do you think you got robbie?
    62 or 63 out of 75 a poor performance considering that I did all past/solomon papers near 100%

ReputationRep:
    I think I may have got about 42/75... what grade will that be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    62 or 63 out of 75 a poor performance considering that I did all past/solomon papers near 100%
    hey bro! i needed to ask for question1, i wrote N instead of Ns for the unuts for magnitude of impulse would i lose a mark? thanks i advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gandanmo)
    perhaps but doubt it

ReputationRep:
    guys a couple of questions
    5c. i don't know what i've done wrong i've drawn the exact same diagram but split it into a triangle and square to give (33x22)/2 + 22P = 990 solve i get p=30 though so t=20
    As i got that wrong will i get the marks for d. i know this has been askwed but i can' find a reply

does it matter if you put downward for the direction of force on pulley, i just put 45 to the vertical- will i get the marks????

messed up on the very last part of vectors qn bout finding t for parallel to the vector

the rest of the paper was quite nice I thought- stupid mistakes though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elbridge)
    Well, this paper is completely different from the one I sat yesterday. I suppose Edexcel is making different papers for different regions like CIE now?
    (I am an international student)
    I haven't looked all the way through to see whether anyone had posted their answers to the alternative paper, but here are my answers to both, if anyone wants a look.

Getting two versions was a surprise to me; when I saw two files on the Emporium, I just assumed one was with the space for answers and one was without. So I just worked the first one I opened, and was a bit put out to find that it was nothing like the one that my students had sat!
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf M1R 2013 06 MADPhil.pdf (295.6 KB, 185 views)
  2. File Type: pdf M1 2013 06 MADPhil.pdf (273.7 KB, 146 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Name Name)
    65/75 A?
    man listen...i thnk i`ll get 55 smthg but not more than dat...wat do u thnk ma grade beee??????? i did self study but reallly hopless may be c is the possible gradei just got 2 months to do 12 units!!!!!!yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    Here are my solutions to the M1 paper. Fairly easy, moments one will cause problems though.

503 error when uploading????
    ARSEY....i m really new to da student room but i must say u eased my tension...how did u get dese ans..???i mean u took captions at exam hall????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gandanmo)
    Assuming you got it right, you may lose an A1 mark. I assume that you'll need the unit, but it may not be any marks lost

ReputationRep:
    Those asking what their grade boundaries will be have to know that our guess is the same as theirs.

That said, having done tens of past papers, I can safely say that there's always one very difficult question. However, it seemed to me that there were three on this paper: moments, suvat and the lift. The vectors question had a strange part to it as well, but nothing that we shouldn't have come across.

If we take it that there's always going to be a question like that moments question, then we get to a normal grade boundary of around 65/75 for an A.
    If we consider the other two difficult questions, we see that they weren't worth very many marks. 3 marks for the tough lift one and 4 - 6 marks for the suvat one. That's a max of 9 marks that were more difficult than usual. It can't be that 100% of the country failed them. Maybe 50% more screwed them up than normal, so we could move the boundary about half of 9 marks = 4 - 5 marks.
    Therefore I don't think the A boundary can be wildly different to 58 - 62 UMS
    I think I got 51/75 including no working marks, so yeah I didn't make it, but this only means I have to revise the other modules.

All that being said, for a lot of people this was their first exam or right after C1. I had 5.5 hours of exams that day and M1 was last, I was quite stressed. I think this could lower boundaries by a mark or two maybe because of people forgetting to put units and other silly mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claimstudent)
    ARSEY....i m really new to da student room but i must say u eased my tension...how did u get dese ans..???i mean u took captions at exam hall????
    Arsey is a maths teacher of many years. Teachers get copies of the exam papers as well as us. I assume he just did it whilst his students were sitting the exam

ReputationRep:
    If you look that in January an A was 64, it's probs not gonna be far off that. But tbf, loads of people are gonna have lost a lot of marks on the moments (worth 14 marks) which I reckon could throw the boundaries a lot. I go to a normal school and to be honest, out of about 25 that took the exam, I'm gonna say that about 7/25 maybe got it fully right. I'm thinking 61/62 out of 75 for an A...

ReputationRep:
    The grade boundaries will be low I go to a grammar where the majority got 80ums marks and above in c1 in January and a lot of people found it hard. I predict something similar to this as the grade boundaries

A - 59/75 maybe 60

B - 52/75

c - 45/75

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adi19956)
    Arsey is a maths teacher of many years. Teachers get copies of the exam papers as well as us. I assume he just did it whilst his students were sitting the exam
    Wow. In my college I think that that would be a sacking offence. Last year the examinations officer sternly called me in to explain myself when she heard I'd been distributing worked answers a couple of days after the exam - she thought it might mean that a question paper had been smuggled out of the exam room AFTER the exam and reached the teachers. I had to explain that Edexcel's "Emporium" website for maths teachers posts the question papers the day after the exam.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.