Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by catherine95)
    I did Women but I feel really, really uneasy about the paper. All the sources seemed TOO obvious, it was like they were looking for something extra for you to really tick the high boxes. I noticed the part a) question asked about how great the 'impact' was but it didn't specifically mention whether this was good or bad impact so I put that all the sources referred explicitly to a large amount of impact but that source 12 mentioned negative impact rather than positive - but I don't know if this is a bit abstract?
    I also put how ALL the sources were very unreliable as they were clearly exaggerated for purpose.

For question b) I completely screwed up. I read one of the source dates as 1867 instead of 1967 so I talked about all the things it wouldn't have taken into consideration when being written because they wouldn't have happened yet, except they had... I hope I only lose source marks and not own knowledge marks, because my own knowledge was correct!

Overall though I am not very happy with the exam at all as I have practised one like it before and struggled because it seemed so obvious but it meant they were actually pushing you for more. :/
    Hmm I failed to do one thing you did in part a) which was the exaggerated for purpose, I pointed out the significance of source 11, it was Millicent for the first time ever in a source crediting militant suffragettes, this was an outside opinion that acknowledge the effectiveness of the militant movement and challenged the notion source 12 put forward that it held the movement back.

I hope you didn't approach it in the standard ''how far do the sources agree with a view'' rather it should have being ''how far do the sources 10 and 11 support the interpretation of source 12 on the militant suffragettes''.

From what I gathered, source 10 - challenge source 12
    source 11 - challenge source 12

I did the opposite, I placed source 12 and source 10 as fairly unreliable but placed source 11 as extremely reliable, since it was the leader of the NUWSS acknowledging publicly the successes of the suffragettes. Source 12 I lowered the weight of evidence, by not considering it from a liberal, but from the times newspaper who were generally opposed to women's suffrage -> I hope that was right.

Overall I argued that sources 10 and 11 strongly challenge source 12.

b) unlucky for part b), which question did you chose? I jumped for joy after seeing an education question, overall strongly agreed that there had being little improvement, by branching off extensive own knowledge from sources and reaching a balanced judgement.

You haven't completely messed it up, mind you, it depends how long you banged on about incorrect provenance, I am sure you did ok, exam pressure got to me in January as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samvanroyen)
    Sounds good, its good that you include a lot of detail and reforms which took place, that kind of own knowledge usually gets you points if you relate it well to the source and the question.
    I found the first question good about Amritsar, too bad it was in A) part cos I would have been able to provide a lot of own knowledge

Lol I´m not sure but when I was talking about Gandhi I think I wrote non-peaceful instead of non-violent atleast once hahaha
    maybe i should have done the gandhi one as i ve already done one question almost similar to that,
    as long as you considered the provenance of the sources, suggested the way in which they support or not support the view, and reached a judgement based on the sources you'd be fine for part A.
    Is it fine if i write for my conclusion in unit 2 that indian opposion changed from being .... to ..... and even after the attempts to ease opposition it was still... which was clearly a serious type of opposition. The question didnt ask for change but i had to say that it changed after the partition and i was running out of time as well, how many marks would i lose for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    b) unlucky for part b), which question did you chose? I jumped for joy after seeing an education question, overall strongly agreed that there had being little improvement, by branching off extensive own knowledge from sources and reaching a balanced judgement.

You haven't completely messed it up, mind you, it depends how long you banged on about incorrect provenance, I am sure you did ok, exam pressure got to me in January as well.
    No I'm not so hot on education, I did women's personal lives, which I found good (apart from my mess up on the date!) although a lot of stuff that I could have used as my own knowledge was in the source! That was a little annoying but overall it was a good question.

ReputationRep:
    No I'm not so hot on education, I did women's personal lives, which I found good (apart from my mess up on the date!) although a lot of stuff that I could have used as my own knowledge was in the source! That was a little annoying but overall it was a good question.
    Ah yes, my entire school chose that one for some reason, I was like 1 out of the 5 who chose education . I am sure they will not immediately cut marks in half or anything horrible like that for something inaccurate, for education the sources were working with you every step of the way depending on your knowledge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrs_usher4)
    i did that paper! but i did the gandhi question because i thought there was more i could talk about although after the exam lots of people said they did 1900-14 one. How did you find part A?
    Yes i did the ghandhi question and i talked about his weakneses ie his campaigns e.g quit india campaign.. How stubborn he was, wanting congress to represent the whole of india but also how he contradicted rverything but the problem was i ran out of time, only managed to give one disagree which was religion but only gave a small conclusion. Do u think iv done really bad because i included no sources in part b and not much disagree's? U totally ran out of time, spend 55 mins on part A like an idiot and 20 mins in part b

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Siima)
    Yes i did the ghandhi question and i talked about his weakneses ie his campaigns e.g quit india campaign.. How stubborn he was, wanting congress to represent the whole of india but also how he contradicted rverything but the problem was i ran out of time, only managed to give one disagree which was religion but only gave a small conclusion. Do u think iv done really bad because i included no sources in part b and not much disagree's? U totally ran out of time, spend 55 mins on part A like an idiot and 20 mins in part b
    yeah i talked about similar things. For part B own knowledge is most of the marks. Did you not include any sources at all? If so, it may be tricky but you can still get a decent mark if your own knowledge was good but you'll obviously have lost some marks there.

I did that as well. I spent sooo long on part A and in my head I was like 'move on to part B you fool or you'll regret it' ... I was right because I ran out of time and could not proof read and which is terrible because there a difference between what I think I'm writing and what I'm actually writing.

I feel your pain, everything I learnt about timing, structure, language etc. went out the window on this one.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i talked about similar things. For part B own knowledge is most of the marks. Did you not include any sources at all? If so, it may be tricky but you can still get a decent mark if your own knowledge was good but you'll obviously have lost some marks there.

I did that as well. I spent sooo long on part A and in my head I was like 'move on to part B you fool or you'll regret it' ... I was right because I ran out of time and could not proof read and which is terrible because there a difference between what I think I'm writing and what I'm actually writing.

I feel your pain, everything I learnt about timing, structure, language etc. went out the window on this one.
    How many marks do you reckon ill be able to get though, i feel like crying soo badly noone understands. It was such a good paper and i know i could have done well on it but i proper messed up on timing

ReputationRep:
    I there anyone who did the unit 1 mao's china?
    I have an URGENT question, it would be very kind of you to let me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Siima)
    How many marks do you reckon ill be able to get though, i feel like crying soo badly noone understands. It was such a good paper and i know i could have done well on it but i proper messed up on timing
    if you did really well on part A,say, 18/20 and then maybe 22/40 on part B, thats still 40 out of 60 which i think in most cases is a solid B.
    i know i'm freaking out too but theres nothing you can do about it now so its best not to worry (easier said than done, i know)

ReputationRep:
    if you did really well on part A,say, 18/20 and then maybe 22/40 on part B, thats still 40 out of 60 which i think in most cases is a solid B.
    i know i'm freaking out too but theres nothing you can do about it now so its best not to worry (easier said than done, i know)
    Thanks, youv just made me feel alot more better

ReputationRep:
    Guyyys did anybody do britain in the later 20th century responding to change 1945-1990?
    What dis you think of the paper? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got 100% on this paper - so happy - I couldn't even dream I'd managed to do that well - I though I hadn't talked about the soruces enough in Part B - but yer SO HAPPY!!!. Plus I got 70% in the other unit, which gave me an A overall between the two

ReputationRep:
    90% oh my god I was so happy, I expected a B after my C in Jan, resitting does work!

80% on unit 1 which evened it out nicely for an AS subject to drop

ReputationRep:
    I'm so happy with this! After retaking the tudor exam and getting a D AGAIN, I decided to try one more time this summer. I got full UMS marks! 100/100 i was so suprised!

ReputationRep:
    got a B overall..

ReputationRep:
    100/100 ums how the hell did that happen all i did was read examiner reports,didn't even do past papers definitely a fluke

ReputationRep:
    I got 100ums too! Well done everyone

ReputationRep:
    I just want to say thank you so much for all of your advice! Rather than taking my teachers advice and using yours instead I got 90% instead of 64%! many thanks !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arminb)
    I there anyone who did the unit 1 mao's china?
    I have an URGENT question, it would be very kind of you to let me know
    I did the same exam, are you happy with your grade? )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    98 UMS, SO FRICKING HAPPPY! An A overall in AS, gotta push for the A* in A2 now

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.