Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abbyyyyyyy)
    Hi! I'm doing Maths and I'll be in a Superior Ensuite at Furness.

Does anyone else feel like they've forgotten everything they ever knew about the subject? :rolleyes:
    Yep, haven't done any form of maths in 2 months. Hopefully they ease us into it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm doing Maths and I'll be in a Superior Ensuite at Furness.

Does anyone else feel like they've forgotten everything they ever knew about the subject? :rolleyes:
    I'm doing physics and I looked at a maths mechanics paper yesterday and it took me ages to realise what to do on some of the questions!

I've chosen the same room, we could be housemates!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I'm from Malaysia

Course: Bsc Economics
    Offer: AAB
    Results: A*BBD
    College: Lonsdale College ( Applied for Grizedale and Furness but didn't get both, kinda bummed out but oh well )

See you guys soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiggyTopes)
    I'm doing physics and I looked at a maths mechanics paper yesterday and it took me ages to realise what to do on some of the questions!

I've chosen the same room, we could be housemates!
    That's okay then! Ooh I hope so, whereabouts are you from?

ReputationRep:
    That's okay then! Ooh I hope so, whereabouts are you from?
    Me too! I'm from Cheshire, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orthrus)
    Oh it's cool here, i live between the city and the beach so i couldn't complain! Likewise, i've never been to "basically off J27/28 of the M62" - University of Leeds, yes, but there? Nope :')
    I imagine anywhere feels like fields and countryside when you're coming from london! I used to go there a lot so i feel okay in some places... like, i know Heathrow like the back of my hand
    Wait, just ten minutes!? Hahaha, i was expecting like half an hour of going round the same roundabout or something :laugh:But i'm good with buses anyway, probably because i don't have a car!
    Hahah I was just giving a general idea of whereabouts I live, since its not technically Leeds (wakefield postcode). Yeah probably, be a massive change! Yeah, the 3 basically goes straight there, and the 2a and some of the others turn off the main road and go through a housing estate :') I guess its not too bad, i always found it frustrating after a 2+ hours train journey though, just wanted to get there! :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Envelopes)
    Which college seems to be the most popular?

And has anyone who has got a place through adjustment/clearing heard back from their accommodations yet?

I have applied but haven't had a response yet.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

Course: Bsc chemistry (though i'm thinking of transfering to chemical engineering- anyone else alittle unsure which theyd prefer???!)
    Offer: through clearing
    results: ABCD and A in extended project ( though my B grade was 2 UMS from an A so sent off for remarks :crossedf: )
    college: havn't heard back yet!

Anyone know the differance between a browland standard and upgraded standard room??!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilypad12345)
    Hi all!

Course: Bsc chemistry (though i'm thinking of transfering to chemical engineering- anyone else alittle unsure which theyd prefer???!)
    Offer: through clearing
    results: ABCD and A in extended project ( though my B grade was 2 UMS from an A so sent off for remarks :crossedf: )
    college: havn't heard back yet!

Anyone know the differance between a browland standard and upgraded standard room??!
    'Browland' sounds like a hairy college.. I think the only difference is that the upgraded is slightly bigger and up to date room..?

ReputationRep:
    Me too! I'm from Cheshire, you?
    Ahh I live in Cheshire too! From Yorkshire originally though

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else from the north east or just me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3DDY)
    Ah sweet, thats good then You'll have a long journey getting over here I bet, hopefully you wont forget anything!
    lol yeah, i hope thanks!

(Original post by JonNgog)
    Lancaster couldn't be any more different from London, it's a lot more friendly and welcoming. You'll enjoy it very much:-)

-JonNgog
    im sure i will, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I live in Cheshire too! From Yorkshire originally though
    Oooohhhh, where abouts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by juee1995)
    Hey guys! I'm from Malaysia

Course: Bsc Economics
    Offer: AAB
    Results: A*BBD
    College: Lonsdale College ( Applied for Grizedale and Furness but didn't get both, kinda bummed out but oh well )

See you guys soon
    omg hi fellow asian!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hariskhan7)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Abbbyyyyy said she's originally from Yorkshire!

ReputationRep:
    Abbbyyyyy said she's originally from Yorkshire!
    Yorkshire isn't the north east, it's just the north. Unless, of course, it's East Yorkshire ( but leeds is not ) I'm sure there will be plenty from the north east though, it's a well populated area.

-JonNgog

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hariskhan7)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think there was someone from Newcastle on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonNgog)
    Yorkshire isn't the north east, it's just the north. Unless, of course, it's East Yorkshire ( but leeds is not ) I'm sure there will be plenty from the north east though, it's a well populated area.

-JonNgog
    Well it's in the north, and mostly to the east so that's North East in my mind!

ReputationRep:
    Well it's in the north, and mostly to the east so that's North East in my mind!
    Ha ha I was being a little pedantic I guess, but by north west most people mean Newcastle and the surrounding areas. Sometimes it's easy to forget how far north Newcastle is of Yorkshire. Technically Yorkshire is virtually the midlands!

-JonNgog

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3DDY)
    'Browland' sounds like a hairy college.. I think the only difference is that the upgraded is slightly bigger and up to date room..?
    Hehe it sure does!! hmm well i applied for the upgraded one for my second choice, first choice is the superior standard in county college! Hopefully if i get the second choice the room is as nice as in the photo on lancasters fb page!

What course are you doing and what college are you in??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.