Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    I got my verbal offer for clearing earlier on today and i put it onto track and everything. They still haven't replied to say that they have accepted me do you think that's normal?
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vicodin)
    I got my verbal offer for clearing earlier on today and i put it onto track and everything. They still haven't replied to say that they have accepted me do you think that's normal?
    Exactly the same. What time did you add it to track? i think i done mine around 3-4 p.m.
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infamous12)
    Exactly the same. What time did you add it to track? i think i done mine around 3-4 p.m.
    mine was probably around the same time
    also do you think when we do get accepted when apply for accommodation then?
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vicodin)
    mine was probably around the same time
    also do you think when we do get accepted when apply for accommodation then?
    I think we do apply (if you are not going to be living at home). Mine said they will send me an email after they accept on track.


    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Offline

    16
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maddiesmum01)
    Son missed out on the grades he needed but track didn't update. Got him to ring his firm choice and (after a few telephone calls) finally found someone who told him he had been accepted anyway. However, he then received an email telling him he had an offer for the course he had applied for (his firm choice) in clearing. He rang the uni again - and they have now updated track with "Unconditional Changed Course Offer", but it is still the same course (start date, code etc) that was his firm offer. It states that he must respond within 5 days, but Track won't let him - there are no 'buttons' to reply. Is this because his insurance still haven't updated track (not that he made the grades for that either). What to do next? Do we now need to chase the Insurance to respond?
    That doesn't sound quite right. I think a phone call to UCAS in the morning is what's required here. The insurance is irrelevant in this context.

    (Original post by Vicodin)
    I got my verbal offer for clearing earlier on today and i put it onto track and everything. They still haven't replied to say that they have accepted me do you think that's normal?
    Yes.
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JacobTran)
    I am in the same position as you guys for Warwick clearing. Have been waiting since 5pm yesterday so I would not worry too much. They only ask you to add the course if you've been given a verbal offer, they only need time to sort out all of the applications etc. Track might be updating slowly as well.
    True. It is a really busy period for universities, I guess.


    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by igcsecrazy)
    I added my uni as a clearing choice last night but they haven't officially accepted it yet? (Though they did verbally accept me and sent me an email) :/ How long will it take? I have to apply for student visa asap which needs all the UCAS things and CAS letter etc because it takes a while to process!

    thanks xx
    Give the Uni a ring, ask them to forward you straight to the actually department you wish to study, explain your situation and usually they sort out your problem very quickly. I had a similar situation yesterday and I am an international student too, they kept me waiting on UCAS and after I talked to the Head of department and get a verbal confirmation in 15mins... should be on UCAS soon once they sort out the international matters.

    Hope it helps
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    I am currently holding a conditional firm with Kings. But I want them to release me and try my chance at clearing with QMUL and Royal Holloway. Is it possible to call both universities today and tell them that I am getting released and having them consider my application?
    Offline

    16
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicolestephanie)
    I am currently holding a conditional firm with Kings. But I want them to release me and try my chance at clearing with QMUL and Royal Holloway. Is it possible to call both universities today and tell them that I am getting released and having them consider my application?
    You can contact QM and Royal Holloway and see if anything's on offer; I would leave it until after you spoken to these two before pressing KCL to release you (I assume you mean you have an unconditional firm). If in fact KCL are still deciding about you, you can ask them to reject you straight away but this is a high risk strategy if you aren't sure that there are possibilities elsewhere.
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    You can contact QM and Royal Holloway and see if anything's on offer; I would leave it until after you spoken to these two before pressing KCL to release you (I assume you mean you have an unconditional firm). If in fact KCL are still deciding about you, you can ask them to reject you straight away but this is a high risk strategy if you aren't sure that there are possibilities elsewhere.
    What are the chances that a university can decline you after they have given you a verbal offer and an email to confirm it? (Meaning after you receive the offer, you add them on track, only to be declined).


    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Offline

    16
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infamous12)
    What are the chances that a university can decline you after they have given you a verbal offer and an email to confirm it? (Meaning after you receive the offer, you add them on track, only to be declined).
    If you've met any deadline they gave you, they shouldn't do this; if it does happen I'd advise getting on to UCAS pronto.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    You can contact QM and Royal Holloway and see if anything's on offer; I would leave it until after you spoken to these two before pressing KCL to release you (I assume you mean you have an unconditional firm). If in fact KCL are still deciding about you, you can ask them to reject you straight away but this is a high risk strategy if you aren't sure that there are possibilities elsewhere.
    No that's the problem, I don't have unconditional firm with Kings. My offer is still conditional. My plan is to call up schools to find vacancies and if they can offer me a place then I would call up King's and ask for a release?
    Offline

    16
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicolestephanie)
    No that's the problem, I don't have unconditional firm with Kings. My offer is still conditional. My plan is to call up schools to find vacancies and if they can offer me a place then I would call up King's and ask for a release?
    You would ask them to reject you rather than wait for them to make a decision. If you would still prefer to go to Kings, being able to ring and say "I've got offers in Clearing" can be quite a good way of encouraging them to make up their minds quickly.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    I'm still waiting... xD Wish Salfords admission office is open over the weekend.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    You would ask them to reject you rather than wait for them to make a decision. If you would still prefer to go to Kings, being able to ring and say "I've got offers in Clearing" can be quite a good way of encouraging them to make up their minds quickly.
    I just called up QM, and they still have a few spaces left in the courses that I want to do. Because I don't think I will get the offer from King's since I am an international student and I missed 2 marks in one of my subject. And if I wait any longer, I am afraid all the spaces in clearing might be gone really soon.
    Offline

    16
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicolestephanie)
    I just called up QM, and they still have a few spaces left in the courses that I want to do. Because I don't think I will get the offer from King's since I am an international student and I missed 2 marks in one of my subject. And if I wait any longer, I am afraid all the spaces in clearing might be gone really soon.
    Are QM willing to make you an offer? If they are, get on to KCL and tell them so. If you are an international student, I'd be surprised if KCL didn't accept you with such a near miss. They're just being a bit slow, would be my guess.

    If KCL aren't open this morning, go back to QM, tell them you are expecting to be rejected by KCL but you can't confirm this until Monday. In the meantime, are QM willing to make you an offer and keep it open until Monday afternoon for you?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    Are QM willing to make you an offer? If they are, get on to KCL and tell them so. If you are an international student, I'd be surprised if KCL didn't accept you with such a near miss. They're just being a bit slow, would be my guess.

    If KCL aren't open this morning, go back to QM, tell them you are expecting to be rejected by KCL but you can't confirm this until Monday. In the meantime, are QM willing to make you an offer and keep it open until Monday afternoon for you?
    The operator sounded really confused when I was talking to her about my international qualifications. I mean I have 3 A's and 2 B's and she wanted me to translate that into the UCAS tariff points and I have no idea how that works. But when I told her about my grades she sounded happy with it and she said once I can get pass clearing she will pass on my information to the faculty. QM said she can't do anything not unless I have no affiliation with King's anymore. KCL doesn't open until Monday, which is making me really anxious.

    My firm was actually UCL, I was unsuccessful because one of my subjects was 2% too low apparently.
    Offline

    16
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicolestephanie)
    The operator sounded really confused when I was talking to her about my international qualifications. I mean I have 3 A's and 2 B's and she wanted me to translate that into the UCAS tariff points and I have no idea how that works. But when I told her about my grades she sounded happy with it and she said once I can get pass clearing she will pass on my information to the faculty. QM said she can't do anything not unless I have no affiliation with King's anymore. KCL doesn't open until Monday, which is making me really anxious.

    My firm was actually UCL, I was unsuccessful because one of my subjects was 2% too low apparently.
    It sounds like you can't take this any further until Monday then - how frustrating. However, if KCL is closed no-one else can progress anything with them either, so you shouldn't be disadvantaged in terms of them deciding whether to take you or not, You've registered your interest with QM so that's a start.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    It sounds like you can't take this any further until Monday then - how frustrating. However, if KCL is closed no-one else can progress anything with them either, so you shouldn't be disadvantaged in terms of them deciding whether to take you or not, You've registered your interest with QM so that's a start.
    Good news, I just went on the phone with Royal Holloway and they took my marks and everything and they are ok with the fact that Im still holding a conditional with Kings.
    Offline

    16
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicolestephanie)
    Good news, I just went on the phone with Royal Holloway and they took my marks and everything and they are ok with the fact that Im still holding a conditional with Kings.
    Excellent!
 
 
 
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

    All the essentials

    The adventure begins mug

    Student life: what to expect

    What it's really like going to uni

    Graduates celebrate

    How to write a good personal statement

    Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

    Uni match

    Uni match

    Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

    Two students working together

    A-Z of universities

    Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

    A student working on a computer

    Personal statement help

    Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

    Hands typing

    Degrees without fees

    Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

    A student looking down a microscope

    Planning open days

    Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

    Help out other students

    These questions still need an answer

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.