The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science 2014

Scroll to see replies

I have an interview on the 2nd :-)
Reply 301
Original post by benjilevy95
Hey, I had an interview yesterday at Edge Hill and it started with a brief your around the labs, then the literacy and numeracy tests, then you were allocated a time for your individual interview where you were asked a series of questions and then given a scenario. There wasn't a group interview even though it was inthe booklet they sent.
Hope that helped :smile:

Hey thanks for that! How did you think it went for you? Did you not do the 1-1 with a service user then? Have you had any other interviews at other universities? Is the scenario as i would expect, something down the lines of 'how would you react if a patient approached you while drunk and angry' ect. I also assume the questions are very similar to other interviews, what is the role, why do you want to become a paramedic ect? How long is the individual interview? Thanks
Reply 302
Original post by R77ngy
Hey thanks for that! How did you think it went for you? Did you not do the 1-1 with a service user then? Have you had any other interviews at other universities? Is the scenario as i would expect, something down the lines of 'how would you react if a patient approached you while drunk and angry' ect. I also assume the questions are very similar to other interviews, what is the role, why do you want to become a paramedic ect? How long is the individual interview? Thanks

Wow!!! Which question would u like answered first? :smile:
Reply 303
Original post by Maria76
Wow!!! Which question would u like answered first? :smile:

haha Always good to ask questions :smile: Have you also had an interview at Edgehill?
Reply 304
After a long and agonising wait I finally got the news I was hoping for. St George's has offered me a place for September. Taking it for sure!
Reply 305
Original post by mattycorn
Hey, I had my staffs interview on Tuesday! Failed my maths test by one question :-( I knew maths wasn't my strong point though and it was my last choice uni.

Don't know about the course at the moment but the applicants on Tuesday there were a wide range of ages!

the format is a maths test, then split into groups and do the group discussion whilst being assessed. After lunch you then get called in one by one to tell you if pass or failed and give some feedback. If you pass both maths and group test the. You stay for an interview in the afternoon

hi i have an interview for staffs on 26th, was wondering what kind of maths questions were on the test? and how your group dscussion went? thanks
has anyone who attended an interview heard back from Swansea? Waiting is so difficult! I have two interviews coming up too, one at Northampton and the other at Edge Hill. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back, and to those who have received conditionals, I wish you all the best of luck in the future.. My turn will come one day! :smile:
Moving to Bristol in Sept 2014 to do the 3 year Bsc with honours at UWE
Oooooh Yes! Even rang up UWE to double check as i couldn't believe it
I've already had my interview. I was hoping to find out if anyone has had the acceptance/rejection letter yet! Good luck 😊
Original post by JustJoe25
Hi all, I have an unconditional offer for UWE to study Paramedic Science.Looking for others on the course.I have made a Facebook group called 'UWE BSc hons paramedic science 2014' if anyone wants to join. :smile:

Hey Joe.

Im also a mature student studying at UWE on the 3 year Bsc in Sept 2014. I'm keen to meet others on the course, so email me if you like.

Ben
Acceptance at UWE. Rejection at Coventry
Hi, congratulations :-) uwe is my top choice. I went for an interview just over 2 weeks ago and have not heard back yet :-(
Original post by rhian1993
Im starting my uni corse in Sept at Coventry. If there's anything I can help with then just ask :smile:

In terms of personal statement I would say start it now. Even if its just jotting down a few ideas. It can really help later on. Most unis also want evidence that you can handle different situations so its not necessarily what experience you have but more what you've learnt from it. For example working in a bar shows that you can handle customers and work under pressure if its a busy night etc.

Best of luck with your applications :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you please advise me on what books that are recommended........ i am looking but their are soo many thank you
Reply 313
Hi. Has anyone else had an offer from Swansea? Mine came in the post today :smile:
Original post by Natk6
Hi. Has anyone else had an offer from Swansea? Mine came in the post today :smile:

Mine too!
Reply 315
Hi, has anyone had an interview for Worcester. I have one coming up and was kind of wondering if anyone could tell me a bit about it so I know what to expect.
Reply 316
Original post by mininurse1
hi how was the interview at Bournemouth? im still waiting to hear if ive got an interview

Hi. Just wondering if you heard back from Bournemouth with any offers yet? Because I'm looking for people who got an offer
Reply 317
Anyone who applied for Bournemouth University Paramedic Science 2014 and received an offer?
Reply 318
Just got an offer from Plymouth through the post!!! Over the moon :smile: Had two interviews with Brighton and Surrey but they both rejected me. Have an interview on the 26th March at Herts but don't know whether to go now. It's a bit of a trek and my previous interviews haven't filled me with hope. Ahh, decisions.....
Original post by Ryan0802
Just got an offer from Plymouth through the post!!! Over the moon :smile: Had two interviews with Brighton and Surrey but they both rejected me. Have an interview on the 26th March at Herts but don't know whether to go now. It's a bit of a trek and my previous interviews haven't filled me with hope. Ahh, decisions.....

Was the same for me too!! Had heard back from one uni with a rejection then got an offer at another, was going to be a trek and cost a lot of money to go to my 4th interview but got another offer so didn't bother going!! You get a feeling whether you know you'll be going to the interview or not!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending