Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escorsio7)
    I'm confused about this tariff points concept :/ Can someone tell me what i have got?

Predictions: A*A*AA in maths, bio, chem and general studies
    Got a B for AS Physics.

And my UKCAT was 2670, so average 668

Is it worth applying here? :/ I really want to but i don't think i am goood enough compared to what everyone else here!
    Looking at the UCAS Tariff tables:
    http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works.../tariff-tables

You get 520 for your predictions, and 50 for your AS making: 570

EDIT: Made maths errors, don't listen to me

ReputationRep:
    That's what i'm confused about, I looked at the tariff tables, and found that A* is 140 and an A is 120...
    so wouldn't it be 140+140+120+120=520
    520 + 50 (B in AS) so 570?

Well thats what my friends told me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escorsio7)
    That's what i'm confused about, I looked at the tariff tables, and found that A* is 140 and an A is 120...
    so wouldn't it be 140+140+120+120=520
    520 + 50 (B in AS) so 570?

Well thats what my friends told me...
    Oh my ... you are totally correct! I cannot believe I made so many mistakes with that last post!

In that case, you're UKCAT score should be alright. Not 100% safe, but it should be fine. See last years stats for interview on the first post of this thread.

Sorry about the mistake!

ReputationRep:
    So what are the chances of a UCAS tariff of 520 and a UKCAT of 710 getting an interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KanKan)
    Oh my ... you are totally correct! I cannot believe I made so many mistakes with that last post!

In that case, you're UKCAT score should be alright. Not 100% safe, but it should be fine. See last years stats for interview on the first post of this thread.

Sorry about the mistake!
    Ohh right thats fine.. i just thought i was doing something wrong lol might just go for it and apply! YOLO haha

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!
    My UKCAT is on Oct 3rd, i subscribed for Medify but their bank of SJT questions is really inadequate, please what other good set of online practice questions can i subscribe for? Thanks
    Any reply would really be appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natasha001)
    Hi guys!
    My UKCAT is on Oct 3rd, i subscribed for Medify but their bank of SJT questions is really inadequate, please what other good set of online practice questions can i subscribe for? Thanks
    Emedica I heard is pretty good, I never used it though

ReputationRep:
    Guys could someone help me out. I do not know if i meet barts tariff???

I have achieved AAAB in AS and A*AAB in alevels in geo, chem, bio and phy.

want to do medicine but am confused where to apply. Here are my stats. I am a re-applicant.

Junior Certificate : 6A's, 5,B's and 1c in english
    A-levels: A*AAB in Geography, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
    Ukcat: 650 average

Experience:
    1 week in hospital
    4 weeks in gp surgery
    3 months in a charity shop
    3 months in a disabilty centre
    1 month as a public speaker abroad
    1 year as a Health Care Assistant
    Prefect
    Duke Of edinburgh
    Bronze in Chemistry Olympiad

should i apply to barts?

ReputationRep:
    I've already asked this question before but I want to be absolutely sure! I have 540 ucas tariff points, but that's including my B in A level general studies.. does that count? I'm abroad so its difficult to call them and ask, and I've tried emailing. Can someone please check if that's alright?

Would it be risky to apply with 665 ukcat and 540 ucas tariff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natasha001)
    Hi guys!
    You can try ukcathelp.org

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaimaa95)
    I've already asked this question before but I want to be absolutely sure! I have 540 ucas tariff points, but that's including my B in A level general studies.. does that count? I'm abroad so its difficult to call them and ask, and I've tried emailing. Can someone please check if that's alright?

Would it be risky to apply with 665 ukcat and 540 ucas tariff?
    To be honest i would say it is risky not because of your ukcat score but your ucas tariff points. Both are weighed equally by Barts , i would suggest you look at another university which does not have i would say this unique system of selecting applicants for interview like Barts does. But still if you really want to apply its up to you!

ReputationRep:
    Hi just wondering if I have a chance of getting an interview here.

Gcses 2A*s 5As 2Bs

Predictions AAA

Ukcat - 692.5

Work experience 1 month of hospital experience

Volunteering - hospital volunteer and care home

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amaad121)
    To be honest i would say it is risky not because of your ukcat score but your ucas tariff points. Both are weighed equally by Barts , i would suggest you look at another university which does not have i would say this unique system of selecting applicants for interview like Barts does. But still if you really want to apply its up to you!
    I'm also worried about tariff points, what kind of tariff points are good to apply with?

ReputationRep:
    Hey got 580 UCAS tariff points and 660 UKCAT points. what are my chances?

(Original post by islandboy)
      Hi just wondering if I have a chance of getting an interview here.

Gcses 2A*s 5As 2Bs

Predictions AAA

Ukcat - 692.5

Work experience 1 month of hospital experience

Volunteering - hospital volunteer and care home

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
      I would avoid applying to Barts because your tariff points would only add up to 360 from in the info you've given, if you've got an A at AS that's another 60 points so 420...but unfortunately it's a little low, below their cut-off for UCAS tariffs even with a good UKCAT score like yours.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Shaimaa95)
      I'm also worried about tariff points, what kind of tariff points are good to apply with?
      I would say above 600 is good. Higher your tariff points the lower ukcat score you would need for an interview.

ReputationRep:
      Hi, ive got 2 questions.

Is a tariff of 540 (A*A*A*aa) and ukcat of 712.5 good enough??

also, is queen mary london the same as barts???

ReputationRep:
      Hi,

I really need help.

I have the following A Levels:

A in Maths
      A in Biology
      A in Chemistry
      B in German
      B in Further Maths --> All done to complete A Levels

In my A Levels which I have certificates for (not sure whether this means cashed-in):

A in Maths
      A in F.Maths (But because they changed my modules around for A-Levels, I now have a B in F.Maths at AS Level too).
      A in Chemistry
      A in Biology
      A in German

If someone could tell me what my UCAS tariff would be: I understand it would be 360 for the 3 As + 100 for the B in German.
      But what about my F.Maths, how many points would I get for that?

Also my UKCAT score is 2840 with a 710 average score.

Thank you for your help.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mo_maths)
      Hi, ive got 2 questions.

Is a tariff of 540 (A*A*A*aa) and ukcat of 712.5 good enough??

also, is queen mary london the same as barts???
      I would say that you have a chance and yes barts is a part of queen mary london

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Hey guys urgent help needed!

im a bit stupid because I didn't fully check the UCAS tariff requirements needed for barts and I've put it down as a choice: my UCAS tariff is 420 (AAAa) which by the sounds of things isn't great. Im predicted the 3A and have achieved the a in AS. But my UKCAT averaged 737. What do you guys think, should I change to say Southampton where they put emphasis on UKCAT? I don't do anything musical so have no chance of increasing my tariff, which I really annoying.

any advice would be great!

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.