Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello Backyee,

My application was originally held up because a professor who was supposed to do my letter of reference was being lazy. I ended up asking another professor who did it for me right away.

I suppose based on the 6 week "under review" status I will expect a decision by mid to late March. I guess at this point all I can do is sit and wait. My applications to UCL and Kings went through very quickly. Like 10 days from start to finish.

English is not an easy language for non native speakers. Even for native speakers it is difficult once you begin to study all the different rules of grammar. You will do fine though. I wish that here in the States learning a second language outside of English would be mandatory in our school systems from the beginning. Now its not necessary until High School, and even then very limited unless the student desires to pursue it further.

(Original post by Backyee)
    Thank you for replying, mrmajestyk

When have you applied??
    In the changes in my only second choice status, What I want to say is the following.

1st:
    “Your application is held pending further preliminary documentation.”(for about one week from submitting my application on January 5th)

2nd:
    “Your application is currently under consideration by the department.”(for 6 or 7 weeks until the beginning of this week)

3rd:
    “Your application is held pending further preliminary documentation. ”(now)

I thought this change in my only second choice status was a little strange. Is your status the 2nd??

I'm an overseas applicant. I haven't yet have enough IELTS scores, so if I can get an offer, it will be a conditional offer.... I'm studying English very hard. hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

Is there anyone waiting for MPA (2 years) decisions or got offer?

I have applied in January, got the 4th mail on January 29 and now waiting for the decision.

ReputationRep:
    I got a conditional offer in Development Management!!!!!!

Thank you for advices‼︎‼︎

ReputationRep:

Congratulations on your offer. I think the condition is about the english requirements.Right?

I check the tracker 3-4 times a day. Each time I checked the timer it shows update time as exactly the same time with my checking time.

Is it the same on your account too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MRTR)
    Congratulations on your offer. I think the condition is about the english requirements.Right?

I check the tracker 3-4 times a day. Each time I checked the timer it shows update time as exactly the same time with my checking time.

Is it the same on your account too?
    Thank you so much!!!

Yes,my main condition is english requirements....

Yes, it’s the same!

ReputationRep:
    hey all...
    I am a student from India. Got an unconditional offer for MSc in Accounting and Finance for 2014/15.
    I am currently also pursuing CFA. I have heard that the job prospects after doing an MSc are not at all good for international students. Can anyone (in)validate this information?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goel.naman)
    hey all...
    I am a student from India. Got an unconditional offer for MSc in Accounting and Finance for 2014/15.
    I am currently also pursuing CFA. I have heard that the job prospects after doing an MSc are not at all good for international students. Can anyone (in)validate this information?
    It's definitely harder for international students to get a job in London without a working visa since there are plenty of UK natives as well as Europeans who are competing for jobs with you and already have the right to work there. That being said, it's definitely possible to get a solid job, but I would imagine it's kind of a struggle, but I have never been in this situation, so I don't know..

ReputationRep:
    hey all...
    Hi, congrats on your offer. What you've heard is true but only to a certain extent. I'm also an international student and I have friends who have not been able to secure jobs after their studies, despite their amazing results. I think the problem is that less companies are willing to support international students in the process of securing a work visa, no matter how attractive their grades may be. Of course, there will always be the exceptions but this seems to be the case in most situations. Hope that helped.

ReputationRep:
    hey all...
    Hey buddy, congrats on your offer. Do you mind sharing your profile? I also intend to apply to the same program. Furthermore, as the others have mentioned, it is extremely difficult to find a job in London if you are an international student. There are hardly any jobs for home students..

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for development management! sooo happy. Its my birthday today...couldn't ask for a better birthday present

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noorxox)
    Just got an offer for development management! sooo happy. Its my birthday today...couldn't ask for a better birthday present
    Congrats and happy birthday!

ReputationRep:

AWESOME!!! Congratulations! Maybe you can give me a job when I graduate, hahahaha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noorxox)
    Congratulations and happy birthday! I have an application pending for development studies, with Humanitarian emergencies and international development as my 2nd choice.

Do you work in development now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrmajestyk)
    Congratulations and happy birthday! I have an application pending for development studies, with Humanitarian emergencies and international development as my 2nd choice.

Do you work in development now?
    Thank you! No i don't work in development, i'm currently in my final year completing my BA in social policy. However, i have had some experience working for development organizations on voluntary/temporary basis. It seems as though most people are receiving offers now, so hopefully you should hear from them soon! Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f1 boss)
    Hey buddy, congrats on your offer. Do you mind sharing your profile? I also intend to apply to the same program. Furthermore, as the others have mentioned, it is extremely difficult to find a job in London if you are an international student. There are hardly any jobs for home students..
    i completed my B.Com (honors) from St. Xavier's College, Kolkata, India...specialized in accounting and finance..
    cleared the intermediate level of Indian CA and Level 1 of CFA.
    GMAT score of 730 in Dec 2013.
    No work ex...thats pretty much it....apart from a medium sized bunch of extra curriculars..hope that helps..cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss ISE)
    Hi, congrats on your offer. What you've heard is true but only to a certain extent. I'm also an international student and I have friends who have not been able to secure jobs after their studies, despite their amazing results. I think the problem is that less companies are willing to support international students in the process of securing a work visa, no matter how attractive their grades may be. Of course, there will always be the exceptions but this seems to be the case in most situations. Hope that helped.
    so my question now is....does LSE's brand value help? or would it be the same if an international student from another (lower ranked) university score the same as me?
    plus...does CFA help in boosting my employability chances? i ll have completed level 2 before I join LSE

ReputationRep:
    i completed my B.Com (honors) from St. Xavier's College, Kolkata, India...specialized in accounting and finance..
    cleared the intermediate level of Indian CA and Level 1 of CFA.
    GMAT score of 730 in Dec 2013.
    No work ex...thats pretty much it....apart from a medium sized bunch of extra curriculars..hope that helps..cheers
    Nice profile, albeit your lack of work experience. Was A&F your first choice or MSc Fin/Fin&PE?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by f1 boss)
    Nice profile, albeit your lack of work experience. Was A&F your first choice or MSc Fin/Fin&PE?
    A&F was my first choice..yeah..I know..no work ex..I graduated in July 2013...have been a part of my family business since then..
    Hey..tell me something..if I get a few months of internship, before joining lse, at one of the big 4..how much of an impact is it gonna make on my CV?

ReputationRep:
    A&F was my first choice..yeah..I know..no work ex..I graduated in July 2013...have been a part of my family business since then..
    Hey..tell me something..if I get a few months of internship, before joining lse, at one of the big 4..how much of an impact is it gonna make on my CV?
    I think it helps to boost your CV a bit, but do not rely too much on it. By the way, how long does it take you to hear back from LSE? I also apply to A&F 1st choice and Risk & Finance 2nd choice, still waiting to hear back from them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vtran)
    I think it helps to boost your CV a bit, but do not rely too much on it. By the way, how long does it take you to hear back from LSE? I also apply to A&F 1st choice and Risk & Finance 2nd choice, still waiting to hear back from them
    Oh it takes a painful amount of time...I hope this gives u an idea:
    I applied on Dec 29..with all the required docs including references
    I got the offer on Feb 17

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.