Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rumschpringe)
    It's only a cold and you still have a week left- just chug lemsip, get a lot of rest and come prepared with lots of tissues! Hopefully you'll feel better by next week
    Aaah thanks thanks Been drinking honey and lemon all day, should do the trick.
    Good luck with your application. Do you have an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurasurreal)
    Aaah thanks thanks Been drinking honey and lemon all day, should do the trick.
    Good luck with your application. Do you have an interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Make sure you sleep a lot! Thanks I had one in December, was running on 4 hours of sleep so I was exhausted by the end of it! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. Seems to be clearing off now. Sleep, yes definitely. I'm sure I'd look like a zombie otherwise Hope we both get an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys, what are the chances of getting an offer post interview? Does anyone know how Many interviews there were and how many offers there are?
    I hate waiting already done 4 months of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rooroo96)
    Guys, what are the chances of getting an offer post interview? Does anyone know how Many interviews there were and how many offers there are?
    I hate waiting already done 4 months of it
    Their Facebook page says they had 800 UK applicants for 200 interviews and 50 places.
    They tend to give out more offers than places due to people having other first choices/ missing the grade requirements, so according to last year's data they give out about 100 offers.
    So you have around a 50% chance of getting an offer post-interview (I think)

ReputationRep:
    Their Facebook page says they had 800 UK applicants for 200 interviews and 50 places.
    They tend to give out more offers than places due to people having other first choices/ missing the grade requirements, so according to last year's data they give out about 100 offers.
    Yeah I heard the same from my mate who's in 2nd year med there.
    So hopefully fingers crossed we get offers😉

ReputationRep:
    Hi Laura

I had an interview at Lancaster in December with an interview in glasgow the day before. I had a REALLY bad cold too but i thought it was better to suck it up and carry on. I think it was the right decision. Lancaster is a fun interview so don't worry too much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burt41)
    Hi Laura

I had an interview at Lancaster in December with an interview in glasgow the day before. I had a REALLY bad cold too but i thought it was better to suck it up and carry on. I think it was the right decision. Lancaster is a fun interview so don't worry too much.
    Thanks. How very nice of you to say that I had my interview and yes, Lancaster is a very friendly uni.
    Oh dear! That's terrible but I'm sure they were impressed by your commitment.
    Good luck with Glasgow and Lancaster!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good to know our chances are quite high! Was the 12th the last interview date? And does anyone know which station didn't count for our scores? I messed up one pretty bad I'm hoping it's that one!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... Or are we not allowed to discuss it?

ReputationRep:
    Seems like it, from the number of replies you've got.
    People I've talked to (and myself) have messed up more than one station. You'll be alright.
    From last year's thread, we could be hearing back from the second week of March Good Luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Seems like it, from the number of replies you've got.
    People I've talked to (and myself) have messed up more than one station. You'll be alright.
    From last year's thread, we could be hearing back from the second week of March Good Luck!
    A second year student I spoke to on my interview day told me that in her interview, she felt like one of her stations was a complete disaster and there was no way she would get an offer- but then she got one! So I'd say try not to over think things too much, and stay positive You really don't know how well you've done until they tell you.

ReputationRep:
    hey, I was doing work experience at furness general hospital (one of the teaching hospitals used by Lancaster) earlier this week and got chatting to a group of yr 2 med students.

Anyway, 3 of them said that they received offers in late august after being rejected earlier in the year!

Hope that helps in some way! Good luck with your applications!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    awww gawdddd this makes you feel worse if you dont get in!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when in march we are meant to hear back?

ReputationRep:
    According to last years thread, they started hearing back on the 5th March! So should be sometime soon I'm guessing! Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah guys they said end of Feb - early March on the interview packs so soon hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    I'm supposed to be writing my thesis BUT stalking past Lancaster threads is far more interesting. Maybe it is just a coincidence but I think they follow a pattern; rejections first (2011), offers first (2012), rejections first (2013) Offers first maybe.. (2014). Also, they all seem to be on the 5th of March bar one year which was the 4th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AishaNeuro)
    I'm supposed to be writing my thesis BUT stalking past Lancaster threads is far more interesting. Maybe it is just a coincidence but I think they follow a pattern; rejections first (2011), offers first (2012), rejections first (2013) Offers first maybe.. (2014). Also, they all seem to be on the 5th of March bar one year which was the 4th.
    Excellent work Sherlock!
    So it starts this week then....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Excellent work Sherlock!
    So it starts this week then....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They'll probably see these posts and decide to delay the responses on purpose just for entertainment

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 2, 2014

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.