Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alan-93)
    Bursary depends on your family's financial circumstances and the course you are going to do. But most likely you will get at least 1000 pounds as bursary each year. Make sure you tick the box on student finance application where it says sharing your information with university, etc. If you are eligible, you will get a letter a month or so after you have started your course saying you are eligible for a bursary. So you don't need to do anything, just tick the box and you will be notified whether you get a bursary or not.
    Oh alright I see. Thanks again

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by 02cryerj)
    ME! I am going to study Criminology, so exited :-)

Anyone know when freshers week is? When I applied it said started on 15th (is that the course or induction week or Freshers?) I don't understand.

Help please :-)
    Hi 02cryerj

I'm sorry for the late reply, somehow I didn't spot your post.

There are a few courses that start in mid Sept - but they tend to be teaching or nursing (where you are often out on placements) I don't think that this includes Criminology. Be safe and double check directly with the course team on 01273 643988 [email protected]

Most people move into halls on the weekend of 27th Sept and term starts on Mon 29th Sept. That week is induction (for your course) and Freshers week.

Last thing - can you remember where you saw the 15th Sept date? If it is incorrect I'll see if I can get it changed so other people know the correct dates too.

Have a lovely weekend.
    Best Wishes
    Viv

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADAOBI123)
    Wow. Thanks for your input. What did you get for your a levels if I may ask ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got ABB, but I'm sure they will accept people with lower grades. The key is a B is chemistry, make sure you get that and you will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Is there a reading list for the fine art painting course ? If so were can I find it. Thanks. Also do you no the start date of the course ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm hopefully going to be studying at Brighton come September. I have a conditional offer for Sports Product Design with professional experience at Moulsecoomb. Is anyone else doing this course?
    I am also from Northern Ireland so I don't know the area very well but from what I seen during my visit for my interview Brighton is lovely.
    Nerves are starting to set in because I'll be so far away from home but I'm hoping I settle in ok. I've applied for halls in Varley in the Firle building as they seem to be the most modern!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Kate Kelly)
    Is there a reading list for the fine art painting course ? If so were can I find it. Thanks. Also do you no the start date of the course ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi Kate,

Closer to the start of term the reading list for your specific course will be added to student central (the student intranet). This happens at different times for every school so check back closer to term. Glad to see you're so keen but don’t forget to enjoy the summer break too, there will be plenty of time for studying.

Term begins on 29th Sept and during your first week you'll be given all your class information including location and timetable. In the meantime there is an Arts newsletter that you can sign up for that will send you all kinds of additional information about your new school. You can sign up here: http://arts.brighton.ac.uk/whats-on/...for-newsletter

All the best!
    Elle

ReputationRep:
    Well it depends on the year. I know people who got in with ABD last year. You need a B in chemistry and everything else should be OK. As for the medicine course, now you have to finish the four year course of pharmacy and enter as a graduate. You would still need to have the minimum requirements in A-level, i.e. 3 As. However, you will be guaranteed an interview, so the interview is the only advantage. I was one who tried to transfer and I even got higher than 70% in my first year, but they changed the whole thing around and so I thought I might as well stick with pharmacy. So by the time you finish the 4 year course they might introduce a new requirement. My advice is get into pharmacy and have a goal of becoming a pharmacist for now. If things goes alright, you will be able to do medicine eventually.

So to apply as a post graduate, you have to get 3 A's? 😁. I thought they didn't look at A-levels and instead look at your latest achievements which are what you'd get at university. Do people still transfer in their 3rd year then? I thought you could only transfer in the 1st year if you had 3 A's and you got above 65% in your first year? 😁

It's all so confusing! 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone
    Is anybody doing International Event Management? Hopefully I can find some people before September so I don't feel like a complete loner :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello all.
    I have a place at the brighton and sussex medical summer school, I have to 30 quid for my journey. Has anyone to the BrightMED programm if so is it worth paying the journey from london and back with my parents hard earned cash?
    Thank You in advance....

ReputationRep:
    how many people are doing architecture or interior architecture at brighton

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing pharmacy? ^.^

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing pharmacy?

🙋 I am, would you know when the term starts by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=OSeraj;49097200]Anyone doing pharmacy?

������ I am, would you know when the term starts by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE

Awesomes, on my offer letter it says the 30th september~

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musical.spirit)
    Anyone doing pharmacy? ^.^
    Mee !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm a EU student coming from Ireland and I got an unconditional offer to study Fashion with Business studies this year.
    Is there any other students here who are studying the same?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, tomorrow I am selling the AAA and AAA with Halloween wrist bands!! Il post the link at midday!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Official University of Brighton fresher’s wrist band sale!!

Brighton - https://next.fatsoma.com/events/aaa-...b-3e55dfe7ac58

Eastbourne - https://next.fatsoma.com/events/aaa-...b-3e55dfe7ac58

Hastings - https://next.fatsoma.com/events/aaa-...b-3e55dfe7ac58

MAKE SURE YOU CLICK THE RIGHT ONE

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey!! know every man and his dog are selling wristbands today but if you buy your freshers wristbands off me I'll buy everyone who does a drink and love you forever which is priceless haha
    https://next.fatsoma.com/events/aaa-...a-b58990c0cfb2

www.facebook.com/jake.headland

ReputationRep:
    Are the Brighton Freshers fortnight AAA wristband, worth the money, and do most of the Brighton Freshers have them ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate Kelly)
    Are the Brighton Freshers fortnight AAA wristband, worth the money, and do most of the Brighton Freshers have them ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    100%! They allow you free entry to all freshers events before 11:30 and so many have been sold already! Get one quick as they sell out fast!!! Official University of Brighton fresher’s wrist band sale!!

Brighton - https://next.fatsoma.com/events/aaa-...b-3e55dfe7ac58

Eastbourne - https://next.fatsoma.com/events/aaa-...b-3e55dfe7ac58

Hastings - https://next.fatsoma.com/events/aaa-...b-3e55dfe7ac58

MAKE SURE YOU CLICK THE RIGHT ONE

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.