Turn on thread page Beta

The Football League thread II watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    And if further justification for hating forest was needed.

3 man assault on Kevin Phillips (that the ref did nothing about) - vile little toerags of players, just like their manager.

Edit: Just seen Davies complaining that we were encroaching during the penalty... Only Phillips is in the box when he strikes it?
    Where's your blue card?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akash16)
    Mahrezzzzzzzzzzzzz!! I just saw that vdeo of The Notts forest players ^^ disgusting behaviour.
    And Knockaert's dive was model sportsmanship last year? Do me a favour.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    Drew 0-0 away to bottom of the league Yeovil, that's 180 minutes played against them, having not scored. Another debutant in Ranegie last night, probably only signed for the fact he's about 6'5"... I'd like to see some form of playoff charge, but it seems unlikely. Rebuild in the summer, keep Sannino, hopefully get a new Director of Football, Nani doesn't seem to have much of a clue what's going on, then actually get some attackers in and keep them rather than just loan them back out again.
    If only Yeovil could play Watford every week, they could stay up. Or Millwall.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Where's your blue card?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ey?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In fairness Knockaert was pulled back - it's just a case that refs don't tend to give you anything if you're honest and stay up despite being fouled. That's why the anti-diving laws will get nowhere: so long as players feel that they need to go down to get the decision, diving will continue.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To be fair, there was contact from the defender on Knockaert, however, it was closer to a summer's breeze than to a pull back, and Knockaert extremely over-reacted to it, and you could tell by how he went down he only ever wanted the penalty in that instance. However, like SLF says, the ref wouldn't have given anything if he'd stayed strong, and he wouldn't have scored either. Knockaert got what he deserved though, people won't forget that moment for a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    In fairness Knockaert was pulled back - it's just a case that refs don't tend to give you anything if you're honest and stay up despite being fouled. That's why the anti-diving laws will get nowhere: so long as players feel that they need to go down to get the decision, diving will continue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To be fair, there was contact from the defender on Knockaert, however, it was closer to a summer's breeze than to a pull back, and Knockaert extremely over-reacted to it, and you could tell by how he went down he only ever wanted the penalty in that instance. However, like SLF says, the ref wouldn't have given anything if he'd stayed strong, and he wouldn't have scored either. Knockaert got what he deserved though, people won't forget that moment for a while.
    As a former ref myself I gave penalties when I was sure a foul had been committed-not necessarily when a player went down. Going down like you've been shot is something I used to only associate with top flight games but now players in the second tier are at it as well-it just spoils the game as a spectacle and I don't think it's right to blame referees for that.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Midlander;46455153]And Knockaert's dive was model sportsmanship last year? Do me a favour.

Talking about the past...but yes I agree Knockaert dived, he's learnt and we didnt even win that match anyways..so go do me a favour actually.

ReputationRep:
    Still regardless of Knockaerts "dive"...what Them Forest plays did to Kevin Phillips was pathetic, they were practically bullying him..I find it remotely absurd how some guy on here actually compared it to knockaert going down, ccompletely 2 different situations so pipe it down wasteee

ReputationRep:
    Wow Forest getting pretty sore about being the 3rd biggest club in the East Midlands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akash16)
    Still regardless of Knockaerts "dive"...what Them Forest plays did to Kevin Phillips was pathetic, they were practically bullying him..I find it remotely absurd how some guy on here actually compared it to knockaert going down, ccompletely 2 different situations so pipe it down wasteee
    u tell 'im brah, man like him need to b put in da recycling wit the rest of the waste, fam swag 2k14

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    u tell 'im brah, man like him need to b put in da recycling wit the rest of the waste, fam swag 2k14

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Watch out Craig, that'll be another blue card...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Akash16;46476818]

Talking about the past...but yes I agree Knockaert dived, he's learnt and we didnt even win that match anyways..so go do me a favour actually.
    You're typing coherently now?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Watch out Craig, that'll be another blue card...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How many games do I get banned for that?

ReputationRep:
    WOW! I was not expecting that, convincing result yet we still aren't friggin' top. What do we have to do?!

ReputationRep:
    A good result today against Huddersfield to set us back on our good form. Dizzy heights at 15th in the league :lol:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Depends on whether it was a professional post or not.

Anyway, across the 70 point mark, 12 clear of Derby in third with 14 games left - would take a bottling of epic proportions not to go up now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My team is a joke, my club's a bigger joke and I'm royally fed up of it at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Depends if the referee can take a joke.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't won away in 4 months, but now are really tough to beat at home. Can never please everyone, but at least Readig lost also to keep our slim playoff hopes alive. On life support, but alive.

ReputationRep:
    Good win for city today, lets hope we can keep this run up

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.