The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stiff Little Fingers

In fairness Knockaert was pulled back - it's just a case that refs don't tend to give you anything if you're honest and stay up despite being fouled. That's why the anti-diving laws will get nowhere: so long as players feel that they need to go down to get the decision, diving will continue.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by CraigWM
To be fair, there was contact from the defender on Knockaert, however, it was closer to a summer's breeze than to a pull back, and Knockaert extremely over-reacted to it, and you could tell by how he went down he only ever wanted the penalty in that instance. However, like SLF says, the ref wouldn't have given anything if he'd stayed strong, and he wouldn't have scored either. Knockaert got what he deserved though, people won't forget that moment for a while.

As a former ref myself I gave penalties when I was sure a foul had been committed-not necessarily when a player went down. Going down like you've been shot is something I used to only associate with top flight games but now players in the second tier are at it as well-it just spoils the game as a spectacle and I don't think it's right to blame referees for that.
Reply 301
Original post by Midlander
And Knockaert's dive was model sportsmanship last year? Do me a favour.

Talking about the past...but yes I agree Knockaert dived, he's learnt and we didnt even win that match anyways..so go do me a favour actually.
Reply 302
Still regardless of Knockaerts "dive"...what Them Forest plays did to Kevin Phillips was pathetic, they were practically bullying him..I find it remotely absurd how some guy on here actually compared it to knockaert going down, ccompletely 2 different situations so pipe it down wasteee
Reply 303
Wow Forest getting pretty sore about being the 3rd biggest club in the East Midlands
Reply 304
Original post by Akash16
Still regardless of Knockaerts "dive"...what Them Forest plays did to Kevin Phillips was pathetic, they were practically bullying him..I find it remotely absurd how some guy on here actually compared it to knockaert going down, ccompletely 2 different situations so pipe it down wasteee

u tell 'im brah, man like him need to b put in da recycling wit the rest of the waste, fam swag 2k14

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by CraigWM
u tell 'im brah, man like him need to b put in da recycling wit the rest of the waste, fam swag 2k14

Posted from TSR Mobile

Watch out Craig, that'll be another blue card...

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="Akash16;46476818"]
And Knockaert's dive was model sportsmanship last year? Do me a favour.

Talking about the past...but yes I agree Knockaert dived, he's learnt and we didnt even win that match anyways..so go do me a favour actually.

You're typing coherently now?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 307
Watch out Craig, that'll be another blue card...

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many games do I get banned for that?
WOW! I was not expecting that, convincing result yet we still aren't friggin' top. What do we have to do?!
A good result today against Huddersfield to set us back on our good form. Dizzy heights at 15th in the league :lol:
Original post by CraigWM

Depends on whether it was a professional post or not. :tongue:

Anyway, across the 70 point mark, 12 clear of Derby in third with 14 games left - would take a bottling of epic proportions not to go up now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My team is a joke, my club's a bigger joke and I'm royally fed up of it at the moment.
Original post by CraigWM

Depends if the referee can take a joke.
Reply 313
Haven't won away in 4 months, but now are really tough to beat at home. Can never please everyone, but at least Readig lost also to keep our slim playoff hopes alive. On life support, but alive.
Good win for city today, lets hope we can keep this run up
Reply 315
Yess great result CITEHHH!!! LETS HAVE IT!!! Roll on Charlton next Saturday!! 8 points clear.
Another win for Barnet yesterday, hopes perhaps for a play off place.
Uhh, irritating that Leeds seem destined for another year in the second tier of English football. Hopefully Cellino can pump in some money in the Summer & we can have a real good crack at promotion.
Reply 318
Original post by Silver Arrows
Uhh, irritating that Leeds seem destined for another year in the second tier of English football. Hopefully Cellino can pump in some money in the Summer & we can have a real good crack at promotion.

Thought you lot didn't want him?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CraigWM
Thought you lot didn't want him?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want his money.

Quick Reply

Latest