Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Guys would you date a plus size girl? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
    Marilyn Monroe was nowhere near a size 16 by today's standards. She would likely have been an 8 in today's clothing.
    (Original post by LadyEcliptic)
    Just passing on what I've been told.
    Vintage sizes are different to modenr sizes, so Lavender is correct that Marilyn would have been small by todays standard. She is, however, a healthy and attractive size

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    Vintage sizes are different to modenr sizes, so Lavender is correct that Marilyn would have been small by todays standard. She is, however, a healthy and attractive size
    Just a bit annoying to see everyone promote curvy plus size and skeleton figures at the same time.
    Could be a lot better if the world just shut up for a bit about the issue and just promoted Healy eating or whatever.
    Te world is just so caught up in how you are supposed to look.

ReputationRep:
    No one's trashed men on here.

Their boobs aren't "huge", although they're busty, and they're standing like that because they're lingerie models. But the point is they aren't fat

But it doesn't mean anything! I'll give you an example. I'm quite small, trousers, skirts and dresses are almost always a 6/8, but if I buy vest tops, I have to buy a 10/12 because I'm quite busty and if I buy an 8, it rides up over my tits and looks like a crop top. Do I suddenly become "fat" when I put my vest top on? :curious:

Your entitled to your own opinion but what you're saying is really horrible and rude and will make people feel bad
    I'm only talking about size in the waist. Obviously you won't hear anything negative from me about a bigger bust.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyEcliptic)
    Just a bit annoying to see everyone promote curvy plus size and skeleton figures at the same time.
    Could be a lot better if the world just shut up for a bit about the issue and just promoted Healy eating or whatever.
    Te world is just so caught up in how you are supposed to look.
    I get pissed off with the lack of diversity in modelling. We should have multiple sizes, shapes, ethnicities, disabled women, etc. It should not be one type.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jebedee)
    I'm only talking about size in the waist. Obviously you won't hear anything negative from me about a bigger bust.
    But it's really common that people have to size up for having a bigger bust! Look, I'm honestly not trying to attack you, and it's cool if you like skinny women, but just don't put larger women down.

I like jazz, doesn't mean I have to say I LOVE JAZZ AND ALL OTHER MUSIC IS ****. I just say "I love jazz

ReputationRep:
    But it's really common that people have to size up for having a bigger bust! Look, I'm honestly not trying to attack you, and it's cool if you like skinny women, but just don't put larger women down.

I like jazz, doesn't mean I have to sIay I LOVE JAZZ AND ALL OTHER MUSIC IS ****. I just say "I love jazz
    I'm not trying to put anyone down. I just hate when people perpetuate this illusion that being fat is a virtue. If people were totally honest with each other then we wouldn't have an obesity epidemic. It isn't female empowerment to be the opposite of what the media deems as attractive. It's just delusional.

ReputationRep:
    But if they're over a size 10 irregardless of bust size they're still fat right? :rolleyes:

What about those who have a 'bigger' bust by industry standards of DD+ range who have to size up once or twice because of their boobs?

My SJA uniform is no representation of my actual size..... why because it runs ridiculously small and short. If I got my real size id be wearing a crop top on duty. So I had to go THREE sizes up so there was enough length to tuck in.

But I'm over a size 10.... expect I'm actually an hour glass with my bust & hips measurements the exact same. With a small waist. If I have to buy a 16 top does that mean my whole body is a 16 or my boobs are?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parry_93)
    But if they're over a size 10 irregardless of bust size they're still fat right? :rolleyes:

What about those who have a 'bigger' bust by industry standards of DD+ range who have to size up once or twice because of their boobs?

My SJA uniform is no representation of my actual size..... why because it runs ridiculously small and short. If I got my real size id be wearing a crop top on duty. So I had to go THREE sizes up so there was enough length to tuck in.

But I'm over a size 10.... expect I'm actually an hour glass with my bust & hips measurements the exact same. With a small waist. If I have to buy a 16 top does that mean my whole body is a 16 or my boobs are?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    See my earlier post regarding dress/bust size.

ReputationRep:
    You don't buy clothes for your waist if your a woman. :facepalm:
    If you do then either you're still a small child or deluded.

Women aren't meant to be straight up and down with NO curves.
    Some have more than others but we are not built like men. Even our pelvis is different and more at a 45 degree angle rather than a mans that faces near enough straight forward.
    Women have hips for childbirth and boobs - for feeding offspring.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parry_93)
    You don't buy clothes for your waist if your a woman. :facepalm:
    If you do then either you're still a small child or deluded.

Women aren't meant to be straight up and down with NO curves.
    Some have more than others but we are not built like men. Even our pelvis is different and more at a 45 degree angle rather than a mans that faces near enough straight forward.
    Women have hips for childbirth and boobs - for feeding offspring.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Like I said, I'm just using dress size to try and convey my meaning. Dress size is a rough guide and it isn't an exact science. But I do feel that above size 10 is a fairly accurate (but imperfect) demonstration of what I consider quite big. Arguing semantics is a bit pointless when we're talking about attraction.

ReputationRep:
    Like I said, I'm just using dress size to try and convey my meaning. Dress size is a rough guide and it isn't an exact science. But I do feel that above size 10 is a fairly accurate (but imperfect) demonstration of what I consider quite big. Arguing semantics is a bit pointless when we're talking about attraction.
    Exactly. So how can you say that everyone above a size 10 or whatever is fat/unattractive/undateable...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You have every right to have a preference in body type for the women you find attractive. You also have every right to voice it. You don't, however, have the right to insult those that you don't fit your quite strict ideal. That's just unnecessarily rude and makes you come across as a bit arrogant TBH.

ReputationRep:
    But lets face the truth here.

You said because you lived a in town where all the women were fat. (I'd love to know a town where EVERY SINGLE woman was fat)

So you couldnt have sex with them, it caused you to have a dry spell so only had your hand for company.

But in fact you just have a crap personality, think your gods gift to all women (only under a size 10 of course) and these 'fat' women didn't want to have sex with you because they saw what a nacassistic, chauvinist, insecure boy you are who had to project his own rejection onto these 'fat' women.

Where 'fat' 'chubby' 'whale' women like me have no problems with men or getting boyfriends, have no problem getting sex. Have no problem getting free drinks on a night out. And get a reasonable amount of attention.

And to top it all off maybe if you stopped thinking women were some glorified sex object (fyi we're not) and changed your personality to become accepting of what is outside the media - you know women with a bit of dry skin or some cellulite. Or slightly off white teeth. Or slightly pale in real life it might take you a bit further than you are today. You know day to day women who you see going to work or around the supermarket.....

But I guess the only caring relationship you'll be able to build with close minded ideas like yours is with your right/left hand.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bumblebee342)
    Exactly. So how can you say that everyone above a size 10 or whatever is fat/unattractive/undateable...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did say it was aside some other factors. (I.E: height).

ReputationRep:
    I would not date a "plus sized" girl, unless there was some guarantee that she will lose some extra fat.

Not only do I find high bodyfat unattractive, but it also often tells you about the person. I personally put a lot of effort into staying and looking fit, so I would hope for my partner to do the same.

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather "fun sized", a.k.a, small and thin :lol:

I get pissed off with the lack of diversity in modelling. We should have multiple sizes, shapes, ethnicities, disabled women, etc. It should not be one type.
    ...sexy wheel chair girls?

ReputationRep:
    Ive never met a girl who is a size 10 in every shop she goes in. It can depend on the shop, the material, the cut of the clothing, whether she wants it tight or lose.

A size 10 in River island could be a size 8 in h&m or a size 12 in next.

If you want to be so specific why not go for measurements of something like
    32 - 24- 30.....
    Because a size 10 5ft girl would look stumpy next to a size 10 5ft 8 girl.
    But they are both size 10.

Placing a size for your 'ideal' women is stupid lets face it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunny_Smiles)
    I'd rather "fun sized", a.k.a, small and thin :lol:

...sexy wheel chair girls?
    And we'd rather "fun sized" a.k.a ten inches! We're often left unsatisfied too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cobbler)
    I could buy a strap on though :sexface: problem solved
    although my penis isn't that small, it's a full half inch - the ladies say it's really cute

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cobbler)
    But that would be making all inadequate guys feel insecure.
    But its okay because my preference is 10" I ask for **** pics with a 12" rule placed next to it so I can get an accurate reading to deem if they are suitable to be come my partner.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 22, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.