anyone for Lampeter? Watch

citizen
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Hey i'm bringing my desktop as well. i haven't got a flat screen and can't afford one either. so it's gonna be the bulky, chunky screen i've got at the moment.

i was just putting my stuff in some order today, i've got sooo much kitchen equipment it's unbeleivable. all sorts of pots and pans and jars full of asian spices, and the best bit is i don't even know how to cook properly lol.
Explosions
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by citizen)
Hey i'm bringing my desktop as well. i haven't got a flat screen and can't afford one either. so it's gonna be the bulky, chunky screen i've got at the moment.

i was just putting my stuff in some order today, i've got sooo much kitchen equipment it's unbeleivable. all sorts of pots and pans and jars full of asian spices, and the best bit is i don't even know how to cook properly lol.

Ooh, bring all the spices if you can! I'm not the greatest cook in the world, but I love cooking experimenting with herbs and spices etc.

I've also got a chunky monitor. I'm sure we'll cope.
Explosions
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by bluie)
iv got desktop to but big screen, seein if i can sell it in time an get a flat one as i could bring ps2 then with adater an use comp screen
i'm not sure if you'll get much for your monitor. I bought one off ebay (i collected as it was local) and I managed to get it for 15p. Hopefully you'll get a better price for yours!
bluie
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Explosions)
i'm not sure if you'll get much for your monitor. I bought one off ebay (i collected as it was local) and I managed to get it for 15p. Hopefully you'll get a better price for yours!

doubt ill manage to sell it so im bound to b stuck with it, owell never mind, does the job i guess
Ixthus
Report 12 years ago
Bargain!

I haven't got much in the way of kitchen stuff.
I'll be happy with one sauce pan, one frying pan, a baking tray and a wooden spoon.
Hmmm, I might go to TKMAX or TJ Hughes tomorrow to see what there is.
I like good quality cookware. There is nothing worse than flimsy cookware.
myfriendgwen
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm coming up on the friday 29th. Is that the same for most of you?

I cant type properly on this apple mac, haha. its very strange compared to my computer. Pretty damn cool things though.

I'll type more when I get home. I would reply to some things I read but I've already forgot what I read. I'm hopeless.
Explosions
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by myfriendgwen)
I'm coming up on the friday 29th. Is that the same for most of you?

I cant type properly on this apple mac, haha. its very strange compared to my computer. Pretty damn cool things though.

I'll type more when I get home. I would reply to some things I read but I've already forgot what I read. I'm hopeless.
Yeah, most of us will be up on the 29th I believe.
Kura1984
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'll be coming up on the Friday aswell IF Pat Thomas gets back to me to say that I have a room!

Does anyone know what the situation is regarding accommodation space? Are there usually some rooms left over? Am I even likely to get somewhere?

All this waiting's getting on my nerves now...
notts
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Kura1984)
I'll be coming up on the Friday aswell IF Pat Thomas gets back to me to say that I have a room!

Does anyone know what the situation is regarding accommodation space? Are there usually some rooms left over? Am I even likely to get somewhere?

All this waiting's getting on my nerves now...
well, they ran out of accomodation last year, hence me having to live off campus.

however, the SU president is aiming to make sure that doesnt happen this year..

you will most likely get somewhere.

( if not, you can sleep in our living room! lol.)
Explosions
Report 12 years ago
Hey Finlay, what did you get a warning for?
notts
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey Finlay, what did you get a warning for?
uh...
well i spend quite a lot of time in the H&R forums, to pass the time when im at work, and there are about 5 threads a day saying "this girl/guy likes me, what should i do". it gets kinda annoying.

i replied to one of them with this:
"dear god,

please make it stop
amen"

im surprised i havent been warned more to be quite honest, especially my replies in threads about making friends at uni.
Explosions
Report 12 years ago
yeah, i've read a lot of threads and tend to find myself getting annoyed at some peoples comments....although it's generally peoples insensitive comments to do with other peoples problems....i try not to respond to them though, as I'll probably just get carried away with my rant!
notts
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeah, i've read a lot of threads and tend to find myself getting annoyed at some peoples comments....although it's generally peoples insensitive comments to do with other peoples problems....i try not to respond to them though, as I'll probably just get carried away with my rant!
i give serious/nice advice on any problem which i deem worthy.

the people who post "i like this girl" etc deserve my derision and insensitivity.

anyway! im going to start packing today i think. i cant find a tonne of my CD's which is annoying.

and in preparation for being isolated, i went into town today and spent 100 quid on cd's, comics and video games. (geeks rule!)

now just some more cups and cutlery, and some smart shoes to buy.
Explosions
Report 12 years ago
I should really start thinking about getting my stuff together. I've no idea what I've got and what I need to buy. I'm just putting off preparations. I know as soon as I start getting my stuff ready, I'll just want to set off for lampeter straight away.
citizen
Report 12 years ago
Hey people how's it going? Good going Finlay, up to 5 warning level now lol.

I know this seems stupid, but just can't get it out of my head so will anyone confirm. Ages ago i read/heard somewhere that all rooms will have a washbasin in them. For some strange reason my mind's fixated on that, it's like a mental itch...so please help me before i go insane.
Explosions
Report 12 years ago
Hello Fakhar,

Yeah, I read that all rooms have a sink. So at least that's something.
citizen
Report 12 years ago
Hello Thomas,

Ahh.. atleast i'll be able to stop banging my head against the wall now. Thanks for that. The days just seem to drag now, one long day after another. Next saturday seems like a decade away. Just can't wait any longer, i'm really hyped up now about going to lampeter. Oh well, back to ebay looking at all the things i want and can't afford...so long.
Explosions
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, I know what you mean. It can't come quick enough. I'm starting to worry about finances though.
Ixthus
Report 12 years ago
There are sinks in the room, which is more than I have in my current bedroom.

I would love a sink in my room.
Such a great way to wake up in the morning, and it encourages personal hygiene.

Can't wait till I get there. 6/5 more days!

Wooohooo!
Explosions
Report 12 years ago
Not long, not long! I'm getting quite excited!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1236)
79.59%
Leave (317)
20.41%

Watched Threads