Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who are the top 8 squads in europe. List the order. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
    Well UEFA coefficients are more accurate than FIFA world rankings imo cause they dont take into account friendlies and they arent heavily weighted towards recent results, they take into account of all the last 5 years. Plus Colombia are a good team, that isnt even too weird.

I dont think there is much evidence that the lower prem is better than the lower bundesliga anyway. English performances in the Europa League have been poor.
    I don't really have much faith in any of those kind of rankings. That's because it's the Europa league, it's essentially the European version of the league cup as far as english teams are concerned

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wade-)
    I don't really have much faith in any of those kind of rankings. That's because it's the Europa league, it's essentially the European version of the league cup as far as english teams are concerned

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How would you do rankings then? If you wouldnt have rankings then how would you organise seeding?

It might be to some English teama but thats just stupidity. English teams are not too good for the Europa League.

ReputationRep:
    Why do people think Madrid have a better squad than Bayern btw (squad not starting XI)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Mighty_Bush)
    How would you do rankings then? If you wouldnt have rankings then how would you organise seeding?

It might be to some English teama but thats just stupidity. English teams are not too good for the Europa League.
    I'm not sure really but i don't think the way it's done is really a good idea.

Well that's highly irrelevant, you can't use the Europa league performances as a comparison because english teams don't take it seriously, perhaps that'll change now with the added reward

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wade-)

Well that's highly irrelevant, you can't use the Europa league performances as a comparison because english teams don't take it seriously, perhaps that'll change now with the added reward

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not my fault english football is 99% retard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wade-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well of course it will change now so this season the europa league will take a lot more credibility.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hulkamaniac)
    Real Madrid
    Barcelona
    Bayern Munich
    Man City
    Chelsea
    Man Utd
    Atletico Madrid
    PSG
    You must be seriously on something to say Utd are better than Atletico and PSG, especially PSG squad wise. Striker options level with PSG and better than Atletico. Everywhere else, United get pummelled

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Well of course it will change now so this season the europa league will take a lot more credibility.
    Well there's only german team left I believe so we'll see

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9MmBulletz)
    You must be seriously on something to say Utd are better than Atletico and PSG, especially PSG squad wise. Striker options level with PSG and better than Atletico. Everywhere else, United get pummelled
    Missing out on the Premier League for one season doesn't make Man Utd a bad team. Put them in a match with PSG and most likely Utd will win. Atletico have one good season and everyone thinks they're world beaters.

Inter and AC Milan aren't in the UCL this season but that doesn't make them any less of big teams.

ReputationRep:
    Missing out on the Premier League for one season doesn't make Man Utd a bad team. Put them in a match with PSG and most likely Utd will win.
    Lol delusional. PSGs attack would destroy uniteds pathetic defence.

As for atletico, where are you getting that they've only had one good season? Considering they topped their champions league group yet again (a point less than Chelsea with a harder group).

And they're third in the la liga still just 3 points behind barca

ReputationRep:
    Missing out on the Premier League for one season doesn't make Man Utd a bad team. Put them in a match with PSG and most likely Utd will win. Atletico have one good season and everyone thinks they're world beaters.

Inter and AC Milan aren't in the UCL this season but that doesn't make them any less of big teams.
    Atletico won the Europa League before that and placed high in La Liga which has the 2 best teams in world.

Inter and Milan have been poor for a few seasons now. Plenty of suprerior Italian teams atm.

ReputationRep:
    We also have better GK options than both PSG & Atletico.

I wouldn't say Atletico's midfield 'pummels' ours either.

The thing is, Atletico are much better than the sum of their individual parts. So comparing starting XI's/squads only tells half of the story because tactics, team-work and collective organisation matter just as much.

ReputationRep:
    Gabi, Tiago, Arda, Koke, Griezmann and Garcia is a better midfield than United's though. United's midfield is average at best, hence why Fellaini is starting for you lot, only guy in your midfield that would improve their side is Di Maria and it's touch and go with Herrera vs Tiago and I'd take Gabi over Carrick or Blind personally.

At most United have better striker options and a better GK.

ReputationRep:

Worst post on this forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Shed End)
    Worst post on this forum.
    Lmao. People like that shouldn't bother if I'm honest :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I'm going to laugh at your PSG point because nothing from the past 2 seasons suggests you are favourites to beat them- Fellaini is barely fit to scrub Veratti's boots. Plus, your formation is suicide against a 2-striker formation especially against the strikers PSG have

Wrt Atletico
    Europa League winners 2010, 2012 (beating Bilbao 3-0, when you guys lost to them home and away)
    La Liga winners 13/14 and Champs League runners up

For your last point, this is about current squads, not history. Inter and AC Milan are not relevant

Plus,they've always had good strikers (Hasselbaink, Torres, Aguero, Forlan, Falcao, Costa, Villa).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Gabi, Tiago, Arda, Koke, Griezmann and Garcia is a better midfield than United's though. United's midfield is average at best, hence why Fellaini is starting for you lot, only guy in your midfield that would improve their side is Di Maria and it's touch and go with Herrera vs Tiago and I'd take Gabi over Carrick or Blind personally.

At most United have better striker options and a better GK.
    Both these points are cancelled out by United's defence system, if you can call it that.
    Suarez and Sturridge would've had a field day on Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to laugh at your PSG point because nothing from the past 2 seasons suggests you are favourites to beat them- Fellaini is barely fit to scrub Veratti's boots. Plus, your formation is suicide against a 2-striker formation especially against the strikers PSG have

Wrt Atletico
    Europa League winners 2010, 2012 (beating Bilbao 3-0, when you guys lost to them home and away)
    La Liga winners 13/14 and Champs League runners up

For your last point, this is about current squads, not history. Inter and AC Milan are not relevant

Plus,they've always had good strikers (Hasselbaink, Torres, Aguero, Forlan, Falcao, Costa, Villa).
    When did I say I was a Man Utd fan?

But come one seriously the Europa League carries little credibility and even the promise of a UCL spot for this year's winners has only increased the credibility slightly.

One La Liga title in how long? Runner's up not winners.

Manchester United since 2007:

Premier League 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013
    League Cup: 2009, 2010
    Champions League: 2008, runners-up 2009, 2011
    World Club Championship: 2008

Last season aside, Manchester United are still very much relevant and I suspect that whilst they may not win the title, they are certainly in the title race, may well have a good cup run and no doubt will be back in the Champions League next season.

Atletico Madrid in comparison are a flash in the pan whilst PSG have done absolutely nothing in Europe or football in general except buy expensive players to merit being a "big club".

I'd say Man City are a bigger team than PSG currently in terms of history and quality.

I will give you Atletico had the potential to succeed but they blew their chance. I see them stuttering to 3rd or 4th place in La Liga, not getting past the quarter finals of the Champions League and will be a faded force.

ReputationRep:
    When did I say I was a Man Utd fan?

But come one seriously the Europa League carries little credibility and even the promise of a UCL spot for this year's winners has only increased the credibility slightly.

One La Liga title in how long? Runner's up not winners.

Manchester United since 2007:

Premier League 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013
    League Cup: 2009, 2010
    Champions League: 2008, runners-up 2009, 2011
    World Club Championship: 2008

Last season aside, Manchester United are still very much relevant and I suspect that whilst they may not win the title, they are certainly in the title race, may well have a good cup run and no doubt will be back in the Champions League next season.

Atletico Madrid in comparison are a flash in the pan whilst PSG have done absolutely nothing in Europe or football in general except buy expensive players to merit being a "big club".

I'd say Man City are a bigger team than PSG currently in terms of history and quality.

I will give you Atletico had the potential to succeed but they blew their chance. I see them stuttering to 3rd or 4th place in La Liga, not getting past the quarter finals of the Champions League and will be a faded force.
    For teams like tottenham and everton the promise of the champions league will definitely make them take the Europa league more seriously and I imagine that teams from other European countries in a similar position will react in the same way.

You're seriously including the world club championship? If you replaced Real Madrid with Derby this year they'd probably win it, my uni team could have a decent go at it.

You said runners up not winners about Atletico so why are you including Man Utd's years as the best losers?

You're including all this history but you don't seem to understand it's all irrelevant. Not only has the vast majority of the starting 11 changed but Man Utd have lost the most important part of their team in Alex Ferguson and Van Gaal still has to prove he can fill that void.

Well yes in terms of history man city are bigger because PSG is only about 40 years old

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    PSG

Domestic[edit]

European[edit]

Manchester City

Leagues

Cups

European

PSG have been around for 40 years yet have the same amount if not more trophy wise than Manchester City. Historically PSG are better as they've been winning more trophies in a more concentrated spell of time compared to Manchester City.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 19, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.