Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know whether Clifford Chance go through applications on a rolling basis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    Does anybody know whether Clifford Chance go through applications on a rolling basis?
    They don't, seen a point on their facebook somewhere!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    They don't, seen a point on their facebook somewhere!
    Ah great, will leave that application until Christmas holidays then - thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back from Shearman & Sterling post interview? Was interviewed for the Winter Vacation Scheme last Wednesday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TC39)
    Anyone heard back from Shearman & Sterling post interview? Was interviewed for the Winter Vacation Scheme last Wednesday
    I was interviewed last Tuesday and HR said we'll find out this week! I think they're waiting to finish interviewing everyone so we may hear back at the end of the week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fullup)
    I was interviewed last Tuesday and HR said we'll find out this week! I think they're waiting to finish interviewing everyone so we may hear back at the end of the week
    Okay cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    No they don't. I did a vac scheme there and have spoken to recruitment. You have up until the 31st of Jan.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Stephenson Harwood post-interview?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any advice on the CMS Cameron McKenna critical reasoning test?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

Apologies in advance for my ranty post, but I'm really struggling at the moment.

I graduated in 2011 and have self-funded the LPC (finished in 2012). I have applied for dozens of TC/VS applications, and have rarely been offered interviews (NB: I've have had 2 interviews but have been applying for 4 years now).

I have a low-ish 2:1 from a redbrick university. AAB at A-level. I guess I just find actually writing the application questions quite difficult!

Am I alone in my TC struggle?

Good luck to everyone out there

PS: just got a rejection from Macfarlances.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if any of A&O, Pinsent Masons, NRF, MacFarlanes or Baker & McKenzie recruit on a rolling basis?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Defragmentation)
    Does anyone know if any of A&O, Pinsent Masons, NRF, MacFarlanes or Baker & McKenzie recruit on a rolling basis?
    A&O definitely do, interview with them in the next couple of weeks.

Not sure about the rest. I would assume that it's rolling unless stated otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys reckon about applying for a firm if you were rejected for a first-year insight scheme with them?

ReputationRep:
    SH winter offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I posted a comment a few days ago saying I was struggling with writing TC application questions. I've had a look online and have noticed that a Cambridge graduate is selling x20 applications that got him/her interviews at "top City firms". You reckon its worth a punt for £25? (NB: search on Ebay for "Training Contract Applications Model Answers").

If anyone has brought these, I would appreciate it if you could tell me whether you think they are worth it.

*Goes back to writing endless TC questions*

*Hangs head*

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Failing_Lawyer)
    Hi guys,

I posted a comment a few days ago saying I was struggling with writing TC application questions. I've had a look online and have noticed that a Cambridge graduate is selling x20 applications that got him/her interviews at "top City firms". You reckon its worth a punt for £25? (NB: search on Ebay for "Training Contract Applications Model Answers").

If anyone has brought these, I would appreciate it if you could tell me whether you think they are worth it.

*Goes back to writing endless TC questions*

*Hangs head*

Thanks!
    I don't think it's worth it! You need to make sure your applications are personal to you, don't give up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liarpoker)
    A&O definitely do, interview with them in the next couple of weeks.

Not sure about the rest. I would assume that it's rolling unless stated otherwise.
    Ah, cheers.

Good luck with the interview

ReputationRep:
    Anyone looked at the CMS application? For referee you need a 'company/organisation' referee as well as academic. Do you think I can get away with using my most recent job for a referee which was now over 1 year ago at a supermarket where I worked for just over a year so it would be really general?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joseph1994)
    SH winter offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sociostudent)
    Anyone looked at the CMS application? For referee you need a 'company/organisation' referee as well as academic. Do you think I can get away with using my most recent job for a referee which was now over 1 year ago at a supermarket where I worked for just over a year so it would be really general?
    I should think so, it's still a company referee, that's what I've done.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.