Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Swansea GEM (A101) Applicants 2015 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    I shall be seeing you on the 30th SGUL is like nothing else.
    as in...horrendous? :confused: I'm scared.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, it's certainly doable. But nothing I've come across before in terms of interview style.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zorg)
    Nah, it's certainly doable. But nothing I've come across before in terms of interview style.
    So are you pretty happy with how it went? I'm guessing its one of those that you come out of and dont really know how it went

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buttoned.up)
    Hope today and yesterday's interviews went well, and good luck for those tomorrow!
    I'm sorting out my travel home and was wondering what sort of time the day finishes? I know they wouldn't say our individual interview times but a rough idea would be good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I didn't get out today till 5.20. So by the time you made your way to town I'm guessing it woud be about 6. Long day! BUt I hope it was worth it! 😎

ReputationRep:
    so how did everyone's interview go so far? Was the atmoshere a bit more relaxed? interviews intimidiating etc??

ReputationRep:
    No real idea how my interview went and I'm trying not to really think about it but I had a great day at Swansea. Everyone is so friendly and its definitely my first choice. Seems to be a fair number of slightly older applicants too.

I did get the 4:15 interview which was a bit of a nuisance but I really liked getting to chat to the other applicants and med students while waiting. They also give you a £4 voucher to spend on lunch while you're there so that was a nice touch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M150)
    No real idea how my interview went and I'm trying not to really think about it but I had a great day at Swansea. Everyone is so friendly and its definitely my first choice. Seems to be a fair number of slightly older applicants too.

I did get the 4:15 interview which was a bit of a nuisance but I really liked getting to chat to the other applicants and med students while waiting. They also give you a £4 voucher to spend on lunch while you're there so that was a nice touch.
    Were you there yesterday? If so, I was too! I had the brown suitcase and Apple Mac.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BD7391)
    Were you there yesterday? If so, I was too! I had the brown suitcase and Apple Mac.
    Heya, no I was there on Wednesday. If anyone else was around them I was the girl in the green dress with the 4:15 interview. I had my SGUL interview yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    It was great meeting some of you yesterday, also the staff were lovely and put you at ease so anyone who has one coming up in the next two weeks you have nothing to worry about. They even showed us a 10 minute clip of a 60/7-'s comedy of a medical student having an interview to relax us before the written assessment so you will be in for a great day!

(Original post by BD7391)
    Where you the one who ran off giggling to themself with suitcase and mac in hand at how happy they were to have it over and finished at about 3.20pm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TranquilRawr)
    It was great meeting some of you yesterday, also the staff were lovely and put you at ease so anyone who has one coming up in the next two weeks you have nothing to worry about. They even showed us a 10 minute clip of a 60/7-'s comedy of a medical student having an interview to relax us before the written assessment so you will be in for a great day!

Where you the one who ran off giggling to themself with suitcase and mac in hand at how happy they were to have it over and finished at about 3.20pm?
    Maybe...

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou all for the feedback. Really calms all of us down. You mention staff being friendly, could the same be said about the interviewers? I really hate patronising interviewers!

ReputationRep:
    I would appreciate it if someone could give a bit more guidance on interview structure and the exam? Is it like the SJ for the ukcat?

and do they ask a lot of ethical questions?

Kind Regards

ReputationRep:
    We've been asked to give no advice on either, other than to check their website for the qualities they look for, and to tell you that there is no way you could revise for the written bit, which is correct, everyone completely agreed. I mean, we all like to help each other, but we're also competition, it wouldn't make sense to give each other a foot up to that extent.

ReputationRep:
    Just sorting out all my documents for Swansea, and I don't have/have never received either a P45 or a P60 form, is this the case for most people? If so is it just acceptable to state that at the bottom of the form? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gre92)
    Just sorting out all my documents for Swansea, and I don't have/have never received either a P45 or a P60 form, is this the case for most people? If so is it just acceptable to state that at the bottom of the form? Thanks
    I didn't have one either and when I contacted Swansea prior to attending the interview last week they said to just tick the ones I do have. As long as you have the other 4 it should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gre92)
    I would imagine this is for proof of NI number, may be able to get away with the card. I'll try to give them a call on Thurs when I've had a chance to sift through everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TranquilRawr)
    I didn't have one either and when I contacted Swansea prior to attending the interview last week they said to just tick the ones I do have. As long as you have the other 4 it should be fine.
    (Original post by Zorg)
    I would imagine this is for proof of NI number, may be able to get away with the card. I'll try to give them a call on Thurs when I've had a chance to sift through everything.
    That's great, thank you! I will bring my NI card and maybe one of my pay slips to prove I have been paying tax

ReputationRep:
    I only have a passport, drivers license, and bank statement. However, having contacted the DBS bureau and read their guidance documents, that is apparently all I need for a full disclosure.

It was also all I needed for the same disclosure for my hospital pharmacist post.

I will write something to that effect on the form.

Looking forward to visiting Swansea again on Friday also (I suppose understandably) nervous beyond belief. Will let you know how it goes ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiloMilo)
    I only have a passport, drivers license, and bank statement. However, having contacted the DBS bureau and read their guidance documents, that is apparently all I need for a full disclosure.

It was also all I needed for the same disclosure for my hospital pharmacist post.

I will write something to that effect on the form.

Looking forward to visiting Swansea again on Friday also (I suppose understandably) nervous beyond belief. Will let you know how it goes ...
    Yeah I thought I'd never needed so much for a full disclosure but guess they have to cover themselves. I'm there on Friday too and am also very nervous about it! I'll probably see you there!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have all of the documents. It wasn't a problem but I've had DBS checks done before where for whatever reason, one of my documents was rejected. For example the bank statements might not be much use by the time the checks are done based on how old they are.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.