Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    EAC invite! Now off to do some revision...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilys)
    EAC invite! Now off to do some revision...
    Woop, congrats and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Just did the online tests (GFS). How soon am I likely to hear if I'm straight through? (or less positively, how long should I leave it before I assume I'm amber banded?)

ReputationRep:
    If you're straight through, it would probably be about 24 hours.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hashshashin)
    Just did the online tests (GFS). How soon am I likely to hear if I'm straight through? (or less positively, how long should I leave it before I assume I'm amber banded?)
    Most likely less then 24 hours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GManTheGMan)
    If you're straight through, it would probably be about 24 hours.
    Does this apply to any stream?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Does this apply to any stream?
    For the non-analytical streams with the early November deadline. Those who haven't heard within 1-2 days of doing their tests will have been 'amber-banded' until more people have sat their tests.

Not sure for the others, sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat.lev)
    For the non-analytical streams with the early November deadline. Those who haven't heard within 1-2 days of doing their tests will have been 'amber-banded' until more people have sat their tests.

Not sure for the others, sorry!
    Ah that includes me then :/

ReputationRep:
    have they started immediate rejections?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hm13)
    have they started immediate rejections?
    For non-analytical schemes, yes.

ReputationRep:
    In that case, I'll take comfort in not being rejected yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat.lev)
    For non-analytical schemes, yes.
    Can I please ask those who have been successful what kind of competencies they tried to project in the third test? I went for a more research based/analytical kind of persona (that's how I see myself) but am wondering if the role is based more around leadership and management

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patrick1983)
    Can I please ask those who have been successful what kind of competencies they tried to project in the third test? I went for a more research based/analytical kind of persona (that's how I see myself) but am wondering if the role is based more around leadership and management
    I originally considered trying to project a certain false image of myself, but as I figured the test would be judged for consistency, I finally decided against it.

As a person, I'm not very pushy, but I am quite inclusive and have usually managed to gain respect and following based on knowing my stuff rather than by shouting others down. I was as honest as possible and I have been immediately successful for my two schemes (GFS and EFS).

If the test is worthwhile, I would hope that they recognise various types of leadership - my impression is that it does!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, to clarify I wasn't suggesting dishonesty but generally if we describe ourselves we tend to have a particular image in view, which means that many of our characteristics get played down or vice versa.

In a test like this one - where I felt it was very easy to say yes to everything - that becomes even more obvious.

I'm still waiting by the way.

ReputationRep:
    when people say they got immediate acceptance do they actually mean the moment they pressed submit they got a message saying they'd been successful?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patrick1983)
    Sorry, to clarify I wasn't suggesting dishonesty but generally if we describe ourselves we tend to have a particular image in view, which means that many of our characteristics get played down or vice versa.

In a test like this one - where I felt it was very easy to say yes to everything - that becomes even more obvious.

I'm still waiting by the way.
    Yes I didn't really mean like a totally fake persona, rather just exaggerating some parts and downplaying others..! Haha.

ReputationRep:
    For people who have had to write their reasons for applying for finance/commercial (you get 300 words), what kind of things have you written on? How do you write
    :awesome: in words?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mauricefred)
    when people say they got immediate acceptance do they actually mean the moment they pressed submit they got a message saying they'd been successful?
    No, it means that they got a response within 24 hours. Since they have now started to mark tests, if you do not receive your result within 24 hours you have been amber-banded and will have to wait until they narrow the bands again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    Most likely less then 24 hours
    About 12 hours, it turned out.

Through to the e-tray (well, the form, but apparently that's not even used to sift properly for GFS)

Relieved although also amused. I was extremely hacked off this time last year because I was filtered out by the competency questionaire.

Last year I tried to give a balanced portrayal of my capabilities and attitude, including weaknesses - it didn't work. This year I twisted all the answers to line up with all of the awful characteristics that I'd associate with most of the less competent fast streamers I know from work (I'm a current civil servant) - straight through to the next stage.

ReputationRep:
    I finished my tests for the GFS on Sunday. I had no idea about all this "amber banding" etc. so I'm a bit worried now, as I still haven't got the results!

What I'd like to know, from the people who have had their results back, is: what kind of details/feedback do you receive? Does the message just say you have passed/failed, or do you get some kind of score?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.