Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GCSE Results: Retake and Remark information - 21 August 2014 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adzie)
    Its ok. I did the Higher Tier paper
    Oh, wait... I might be wrong here... When you say 5 marks, you mean raw marks, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarah Bethany)
    Oh, wait... I might be wrong here... When you say 5 marks, you mean raw marks, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah (UMS)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adzie)
    yeah (UMS)
    If you're 5 UMS away from the C then that's just 1/2 marks, but there are only 5 marks between a C and a D so you might risk going down :L

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you're 5 UMS away from the C then that's just 1/2 marks, but there are only 5 marks between a C and a D so you might risk going down :L

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh my gosh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adzie)
    oh my gosh.
    At least I think that's right...sorry :/ check it here--> http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ...t-marks-to-ums

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    At least I think that's right...sorry :/ check it here--> http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ...t-marks-to-ums

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So is there no chance i would get a C?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adzie)
    So is there no chance i would get a C?
    There is definitely a chance you could get a C! Your mark is likely to change, but your mark could go up or down...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There is definitely a chance you could get a C! Your mark is likely to change, but your mark could go up or down...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh ok. I guess applying for a remark is my only option then.
    Thank you for your help Sarah. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    do you guys know if remark examiners are aware of a paper's original marking and if it influences their own marking, or if they're given an unmarked copy of the paper and pay no attention to the original mark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Depends on the exam board. I know aqa and wjec will, but not edexcel. Not sure about ocr

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turbo1)
    yeah
    I'm in the same position as you. From units 1-4 I got 100,100,88,70 so I was 2 ums of a*.
    I'm probably going to get decision making remarked, since that was my lowest and it has mostly extended response questions.
    You may want to consider that too but only if you think it will go up by 2 raw marks (3ums).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgeboy989)
    I'm in the same position as you. From units 1-4 I got 100,100,88,70 so I was 2 ums of a*.
    I'm probably going to get decision making remarked, since that was my lowest and it has mostly extended response questions.
    You may want to consider that too but only if you think it will go up by 2 raw marks (3ums).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aha! Someone like me well i'm going to ask my teacher and see what they think. It's difficult situation but maybe the unit 3 was strictly marked. I've never really been great at it but i thought the exam went well so...
    Let me know what you do!

ReputationRep:
    I am 1 ums off a* overall in wjec eng language
    should i get a remark?
    is wjec known to give another mark?
    thanks!
    any help would be appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adzie)
    Oh ok. I guess applying for a remark is my only option then.
    Thank you for your help Sarah. :rolleyes:
    No problem good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Turbo1)
    Aha! Someone like me well i'm going to ask my teacher and see what they think. It's difficult situation but maybe the unit 3 was strictly marked. I've never really been great at it but i thought the exam went well so...
    Let me know what you do!
    I'll probably get a remark regardless as it's 1 raw mark, but I'll talk to my teacher too. I got a mid A in my mock and I thought this one went better and I barely struck a B so....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    On my results paper it says I've got an A in maths (Edexcel 1MA0H) but it doesn't tell me the mark? My maths exams aren't even listed on the paper either! Obviously I'm ecstatic with an A grade but I would like to know if I was really close to an A* and if so maybe consider a remark. Is there anything I can do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexharper)
    On my results paper it says I've got an A in maths (Edexcel 1MA0H) but it doesn't tell me the mark? My maths exams aren't even listed on the paper either! Obviously I'm ecstatic with an A grade but I would like to know if I was really close to an A* and if so maybe consider a remark. Is there anything I can do?
    They don't give you marks for maths on your results paper, but you can ask your teacher who will have your mark

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They don't give you marks for maths on your results paper, but you can ask your teacher who will have your mark

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay thanks Just my maths teacher or the exams officer?

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks Just my maths teacher or the exams officer?
    I'm not sure about the exams officer... They might have it as well, but I'm not sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure about the exams officer... They might have it as well, but I'm not sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just asked a friend and they said they got it from the maths teacher so I'll do that! Thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    I just asked a friend and they said they got it from the maths teacher so I'll do that! Thanks anyway
    No problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.