Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AChhabs0701)
    Hope you remember me, ninjapanda

So I *think* I have narrowed down my 5 choices. Warwick, Nottingham, Birmingham, Glasgow, Leicester.. Although, I have queen marys competing with birmingham for the third spot and manchester competing with glasgow for fourth.

Anyone here has a opinion on queen mary? They pushed up their entry requirements to AAA from AAB just this year, seems to have great graduate prospects and is the only on-campus uni in london. besides that, i don't know much, im afraid..

glasgow's campus looks like freaking hogwartssss.
    Woo hey!

Yay two the same as me, warwick and notts woo, so you're a campus fan like me then

I would say with Birmingham they did give out some unconditionals last year for a couple of subjects (econ & geog and biology I think?) so it could be a good bet because an unconditional offer before you've got your A2s could be tempting

I know there are a few others on here thinking of queen Mary but I have no idea
    Although on the note that it's increased it's entry requirements, a few others have too this year, yorks gone from aab to a*aa so I'm assuming this means economics is more and more popular

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Financial Economics/Industrial Economics and related courses at Manchester, Leicester, Cass, Nottingham and Sheffield.

If anyone's interested to see the maths element of first year undergrad, then "Using Mathematics in Economics" by R.L. Thomas was an insightful read.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Woo hey!

Yay two the same as me, warwick and notts woo, so you're a campus fan like me then

I would say with Birmingham they did give out some unconditionals last year for a couple of subjects (econ & geog and biology I think?) so it could be a good bet because an unconditional offer before you've got your A2s could be tempting

I know there are a few others on here thinking of queen Mary but I have no idea
    Although on the note that it's increased it's entry requirements, a few others have too this year, yorks gone from aab to a*aa so I'm assuming this means economics is more and more popular

Posted from TSR Mobile
    campuses all the way, aha! what are your 5 choices again, if you dont mind me asking?

I am rethinking my life decisions again today. I am considering York or Edinburgh or Queen Marys as my fourth instead of glasgow, my research into that uni has really put me off..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AChhabs0701)
    campuses all the way, aha! what are your 5 choices again, if you dont mind me asking?

I am rethinking my life decisions again today. I am considering York or Edinburgh or Queen Marys as my fourth instead of glasgow, my research into that uni has really put me off..
    I'm going for cambridge warwick durham nottingham and leeds, it was between leeds and edinburgh but I don't fancy going to Scotland tbh

Ooh what's put you off about glasgow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How would you guys rank these unis:
    Bath, bristol, nottingham, exeter

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spyrogyra)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All pretty similar with Exeter being the worst IMO.

Highest : Nottingham - Bristol - Bath - Exeter : Lowest

Nottingham is best IMO, Bristol and Bath are similar - I prefer Bristol's campus but Bath do have the option of a sandwich placement year.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, also what is queen mary like? Is it respected by employers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by groovyd97)
    All pretty similar with Exeter being the worst IMO.

Highest : Nottingham - Bristol - Bath - Exeter : Lowest

Nottingham is best IMO, Bristol and Bath are similar - I prefer Bristol's campus but Bath do have the option of a sandwich placement year.
    I think Bristol is the best out of those 4

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd say Exeter is the worst and the other 3 are similar so probably change which is best every year if that makes sense, they're pretty level imo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, what's queen mary like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    8 A*s gcse, AAAA AS, A*AA a2 bio maths chem respectively.

Would my chances be good at notts and bham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by productofpain)
    8 A*s gcse, AAAA AS, A*AA a2 bio maths chem respectively.

Would my chances be good at notts and bham?
    Sounds to me like you'd have a good chance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What do you think my chances are of getting an offer from Bath for econ?

AS: AABB

GCSE: 6A* 3A 2B

A*AA prediction

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    jk.lknm;l

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buntar)
    Hi,

I am currently taking a gap year, and I'll be applying for Economics 2015 entry. I have already received my A level results they were A*ABa. The B grade was in Pure Maths and I am going to resit it in June 2015. My main worry is about my GCSE results they were pretty poor, all B's and C's, will they have a large impact?

I am unsure as to what level of university I should be applying to, your advice would be appreciated.
    Other than oxford and lse I can't imagine that your gcses will have any effect considering how well you've done at A2

You should be able to apply to any A*AA if your resitting your maths but probably not cambridge, lse or ucl as they generally want an A* in maths already so may not be good choices. But that still leaves plenty of other universities bath, Bristol etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you think i stand a chance at getting offers, for economics, from:
    Warwick, Bath, Bristol, Notts?

Prediction: A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    GCSE: 6A*, 1A and 3B
    A Level: (A*)AAB (Prediction for A2 FM in Gap Year)

Manchester (Econ)
    Queen Mary (Econ)
    Birmingham (Econ)
    UCL (Econ & Stats)

my choices so far, all at AAA except Manchester at AAB.

ReputationRep:
    Are there much differences between Nottingham and Bristol in terms of the course? e.g. is one more mathematical than the other

ReputationRep:
    Do you think i stand a chance at getting offers, for economics, from:
    Warwick, Bath, Bristol, Notts?

Prediction: A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I'd say so although it might depend on what your Bs are in if ones in maths that might be more of an issue as warwick deffo specifies an A in maths, not sure about bath or Bristol but it shouldn't be an issue for nottingham

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteelCookie)
    GCSE: 6A*, 1A and 3B
    A Level: (A*)AAB (Prediction for A2 FM in Gap Year)

Manchester (Econ)
    Queen Mary (Econ)
    Birmingham (Econ)
    UCL (Econ & Stats)

my choices so far, all at AAA except Manchester at AAB.
    Ah wow well done on your results
    What are your gap year plans?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.