Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Post a Random Fact about Yourself Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getfunky!)
    It's quite easy, I taught myself by taking a bike to the top of a comfortably steep hill, and letting the bike roll down whilst I placed my feet on the pedals, and once I gained a sense of balance I would just start to cycle.

Took a bit of practice but I learnt how to ride a bicycle in a week or so.

Now to learn how to swim:moon:
    I nearly drowned whilst learning to swim. Instead of swimming to safety to the side of the pool to get out I panicked and attempted to swim all the way back to the shallow end. Eventually a girl grabbed me by my chest and rescued me. My friends were too busy laughing at me swearing at them for not helping me so they were "unable to help" -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by How Are You?)
    I dislike facts.
    Exams must be hell for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hitashami)
    Exams must be hell for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Education in general is hell for me. But this is quite a non-issue since hell is my middle name.

ReputationRep:
    I think olives are vile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by How Are You?)
    Education in general is hell for me. But this is quite a non-issue since hell is my middle name.
    You should consider joining the satanic cults in your local area. You would fit in ever so well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bethaaaaany)
    I've never been diagnosed with a brittle bone disorder so I hope not!

I'm dyspraxic so pretty much incredibly clumsy...they've all been doing really silly things. To be fair, five bones adds up quite quickly. Wrist (football), fingers (door), collarbone (in a car crash, easier than you'd think), patella (tripping over a sofa) and ankle (trampoline), all easy enough *at least I like to tell myself
    (Original post by Andy98)
    I've got dyspraxia really bad, never broken any (of my own) bones

Posted from TSR Mobile

My sisters has dyspraxia, she was diagnoised this year and she managed last year to cope with a broken arm for three days before she let my mother take her to the hospital, I was amazed that she could deal with pain like that but then when we realized that due to her dyspraxia she can't feel pain like everyone else can.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    I have an obsession with music and going to gigs
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esjae)
    My sisters has dyspraxia, she was diagnoised this year and she managed last year to cope with a broken arm for three days before she let my mother take her to the hospital, I was amazed that she could deal with pain like that but then when we realized that due to her dyspraxia she can't feel pain like everyone else can.
    Yeah - it's funny for a moment when someone kicks you in the nuts - their face is usually "ohhhh not good, run" or "what are you?" either way they leave quickly and you're sat there grinning for a few minutes - then you get the pain.

ReputationRep:
    I had a cactus I called Carlos... Pretty sure he died of dehydration

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smithay)
    Can they ... die of dehydration? o_O
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Yeah - it's for a moment when someone kicks you in the nuts - their face is usually "ohhhh not good, run" or "what are you?" either way they leave quickly and you're sat there grinning for a few minutes - then you get the pain.
    I wouldn't know what that is like being without nuts and all :lol:
    But fair to say I'm well proud of how far she's come with it the last year
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esjae)
    I wouldn't know what that is like being without nuts and all :lol:
    But fair to say I'm well proud of how far she's come with it the last year
    Yeah - dyspraxia's one of those ones that affects you more when you're a kid or towards to late teens/early twenties but even then it's not easily noticed - how old is she?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khallil)
    Can they ... die of dehydration? o_O
    I'm not positive but he was looking a bit thirsty before his untimely demise

ReputationRep:
    I'm "Too good to be true!" Everyone I have met says that.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Yeah - dyspraxia's one of those ones that affects you more when you're a kid or towards to late teens/early twenties but even then it's not easily noticed - how old is she?
    She just turned 11, so she's off to comprehensive now in September

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hitashami)
    Same. I can only ignore it of its someone who I don't know well, or is a stranger. Or if I'm eating something as well.

But yeah, can't people hear themselves? Just eat with your mouth closed if you're with other people. Pig out if you're on your own lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh my god yes I'm exactly the same! I can only ignore it if it's a stranger too. That's crazy hahaha.

And yes, I agree. I don't understand why people don't hear themselves when the rest of the table is completely silent.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esjae)
    She just turned 11, so she's off to comprehensive now in September
    Oohh - yeah that can be where the going gets tough for us dyspraxic folk
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Oohh - yeah that can be where the going gets tough for us dyspraxic folk
    Luckily the comp knows so she's getting extra help, such as a laptop, extra time in exams etc etc

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17 and i have travelled to two countries by myself
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by esjae)
    Luckily the comp knows so she's getting extra help, such as a laptop, extra time in exams etc etc
    Good. I'm not trying to put her down or anything but most people with dyspraxia just wouldn't cope otherwise - me included

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.